Thread: Official Book Thread

Hybrid View

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For some reason, I thought that Fi dominants would be the most emotionally mature of all(ethical rationality). All I see online is hyperreactivity and emotional volatility.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    For some reason, I thought that Fi dominants would be the most emotionally mature of all(ethical rationality). All I see online is hyperreactivity and emotional volatility.
    "ethical rationality" means being consistent in what you value&like, among other things.

I find it hard to spot any personal affinity for the style and ideas in the book in question. I don't expect you to have a grasp of my (aesthetic or intellectual) preferences ...you probably need more examples to understand. So here they are. You are free to have your own assessment of the book though, if you get to read the whole thing ...why are you making such a fuss.

Good, then why are you reading me though the lens of socionics? I've worked on myself long before I stumbled onto MBTI. The strength of socionics is also its weakness. The fact that people can use all IEs makes for a very muddled theory. How can you tell someone else is using a function and has a preference for that function? As far as I can tell so far, it is entirely subjective. There really isn't a standard, and if anything there exists double standards with regards with some types over other types. The only person who knows their preference is the person being typed, so don't tell me what my preferences are. You have no clue. (....)

My "weak" logic? I don't even know what that means. It sounds denigrating though. I argue with doctors and nurses all of the time if there is something I don't want to do, but mostly if what I don't want to do doesn't make sense. I use subjective logic. (...)

I went into medical technology so I could have income to pay off my student loans. I didn't really know that I would have to deal with a chaotic schedule for so long and that I would be dealing with difficult people directly when I signed up. I really just wanted to look at cells under a microscope and live a simple life, giving myself lots of free time to pursue my various interests. At first I wanted to be a doctor, but it wasn't something that I was driven to be. My grades sucked too. I loved taking college classes for the sake of learning and not for my GPA. I've always just wanted to learn and know things. Because my grades were low, the options for grad school were limited, and I would've preferred going to research, but the pay was really low, which wouldn't have helped my loan payments any. I was quite interested in stem cell research, but I was also very interested in immunological research.

In my current job, I am supervisor of the chemistry department, so I oversee calibrations, quality control, inventory, maintenance, correlations, and training. I am also a generalist, so I work in hematology, blood bank, and urinalysis. One of my stressors at work is having to draw blood, which I would rather not do. I would much rather focus on impersonal side of the job. But, sometimes I do like to volunteer to draw blood. I just don't like having to be forced to do it. One of my goals is to get out my current lab and specialize in either cytogenetics or flow cytometry. That way I can focus on mastering a specialty that I find interesting and not have direct patient contact or work odd hours that place great stress on my family and myself. That is a few years down the road though.
    Last edited by Amber; 04-03-2015 at 08:03 PM.