Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The default order of the universe is chaos, but our very existence resists that chaos, and there is always a reason, whether its sounds like it makes sense or not.
    It's not chaos. I would say it is order. Your eyes play tricks on you, not to mention your mind to which lungs was referring in her original post, I might add.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    It's not chaos. I would say it is order. Your eyes play tricks on you, not to mention your mind to which lungs was referring in her original post, I might add.
    So chaos...is...order?

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So chaos...is...order?]
    Like I said, to your eye and other great Dalai Lama's posting in this thread it is chaotic. To me, it is not. Quite the opposite. Even chaos has a mathematical meaning/explanation, so anything chaotic is, by definition, orderly.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, to your eye and other great Dalai Lama's posting in this thread it is chaotic. To me, it is not. Quite the opposite. Even chaos has a mathematical meaning/explanation, so anything chaotic is, by definition, orderly.
    On some level that's exactly what I was originally trying to say to Jadae.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On some level that's exactly what I was originally trying to say to Jadae.
    "On some level" I don't think Jadae knows what he is talking about to begin with.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"On some level" I don't think Jadae knows what he is talking about to begin with.
    He's talking about himself.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's talking about himself.
    That explains it.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i guess i'm just frustrated because i feel like every time i know something it turns out i'm wrong and every time i care about something it disappears and every time i think i have a grip on my identity i change. maybe its a trick - i'm grabbing on to impermanence as the one fucking thing i can have that's permanent. i'm just really tired of feeling like my life is a game of constantly trying to keep a balloon in bucket full of water. and the message is kinda like "yeah balloons float, deal with it" and that's a relief.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know, the author has a good point but the overall vibration of his message comes across as sad rather than joyous.

Even though everything changes, and friendships break apart, those same friendships that broke can also get rekindled again. In a way, it's at least a sort of permanence.

I recently just dreamed about my dad even though he's dead. In my dream he was alive and in good health, and he found someway to cure the cancer for himself. Even though it was just a dream, even though a strict athiest would say it was just something my mind tricked itself in order to make myself feel better, I felt connected with him again. Then of course I woke up and realized the truth. But it felt like a half-truth.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Even though everything changes, and friendships break apart, those same friendships that broke can also get rekindled again. In a way, it's at least a sort of permanence.
    Everything is in a perpetual state of transformation, motion, and change. In nature everything changes, but nothing pops out out of nothing without having antecedents that existed before. Nothing ever disappears without a trace?

Creepy-pokeball

Oh but they don't. People don't have to be predictable or intelligent or even self-interested like some people think. But they do have to have reasons. Our lives are one big messy chain of causation and it seems insane and chaotic and random sometimes but there is always something ticking beneath it all. The default order of the universe is chaos, but our very existence resists that chaos, and there is always a reason, whether its sounds like it makes sense or not.
    Okay, I am not delving into that can of worms, lol, beause I dont want to spend all week on this topic. I am attempting to show you an interpersonal world of others and you go the complete opposite direction of subject material.

I'm not sure I can help you see what I mean, and I am not quite sure you really want to perceive through the life of others.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    Okay, I am not delving into that can of worms, lol, beause I dont want to spend all week on this topic.

Creepy-pokeball

Gilligan,

Are you trying to say something related with this thread that you do not know how to approach yet?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilligan,

Are you trying to say something related with this thread that you do not know how to approach yet?
    Well firstly I'm trying to determine if you are telling the truth or not, and secondly I want to know, if you are telling the truth, how you work.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Well firstly I'm trying to determine if you are telling the truth or not, and secondly I want to know, if you are telling the truth, how you work.
    I have been. Im not Absurding you whatsoever.

How I work? I was trying to figure the same for you

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I am not delving into that can of worms, lol, beause I dont want to spend all week on this topic. I am attempting to show you an interpersonal world of others and you go the complete opposite direction of subject material.

I'm not sure I can help you see what I mean, and I am not quite sure you really want to perceive through the life of others.
    I am actually quite interested, but it seems kind of pettily evasive that you haven't either gone into it deeper or just said "I don't want to talk about it" before now, so I assume I won't get much. Normally I would do the polite thing and just assume you have your reasons not to want to talk about it, but normally people on the internet know how to draw their boundaries, so now I guess I'm curious why you're just skating around everything I say, even after you said you don't want to talk about it and I left it at that. Maybe you are trying to tell me something more that I'm not picking up on though.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

I am actually quite interested, but it seems kind of pettily evasive that you haven't either gone into it deeper or just said "I don't want to talk about it" before now, so I assume I won't get much. Normally I would do the polite thing and just assume you have your reasons not to want to talk about it, but normally people on the internet know how to draw their boundaries, so now I guess I'm curious why you're just skating around everything I say, even after you said you don't want to talk about it and I left it at that. Maybe you are trying to tell me something more that I'm not picking up on though.
    I have told you why before -- I do not want to expend the energy for pointlessness and circular lip-flapping, which annoyingly has already begun. That has always been our dynamic, which saddens me since it'd be nice to see more, but that is the way it has been to this point. Believe it or not, I am really not interested in injustice towards you.

The entire point of my original reply to you was because I found your blanket statement offensive, and I still do, which means we are way off track. Then, I became interested as to why it went the way in which it did, which still doesnt change the idea that I have no interest in talking about simplified generalizations. I sincerely do not care about that stuff -- and I do realize what section Im posting in, lol.

Which brings me back to the origin -- why does it bother you some people say that in the first place? And, now that we are further -- why are you questioning trust in others? I have a hard time believing this is about me specifically.

I was trying to tell you more that you were not perceiving, which is why I got frustrated, and I dont know how to show you without having you experience things in which I would not want you to.

Creepy-pokeball

See, that was entirely too much text for me Lookit the similarity in our sign up dates vs. our post counts.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not about you specifically, I thought that was obvious. I didn't know you found my inquiries offensive. When I am skeptical about something I try my best to disprove myself, because even though I know people are different, my inherent assumption is that people share certain things. This would be one of them, and since my inherent skepticism is consistent with the general principle of evolution, I run with it until I see evidence to the contrary. Hence why I am interested in your answer.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda obvious (original post). Not even that well-written.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, we forgot you have been enlightened since birth.

The fact that its obvious in the intellectual sense doesn't mean its useless to remind oneself and to incorporate it into one's mindset. Even arrogant punks need a pep talk once in a while, right Fabie?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You must be naturally Zen.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol gilly <3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize that I was the one skating this time.

I have told you why before -- I do not want to expend the energy for pointlessness and circular lip-flapping, which annoyingly has already begun. That has always been our dynamic, which saddens me since it'd be nice to see more, but that is the way it has been to this point. Believe it or not, I am really not interested in injustice towards you.
    I never thought you were, I just don't understand why I can't get what I feel is a direct answer from you.

The entire point of my original reply to you was because I found your blanket statement offensive, and I still do, which means we are way off track. Then, I became interested as to why it went the way in which it did, which still doesnt change the idea that I have no interest in talking about simplified generalizations. I sincerely do not care about that stuff -- and I do realize what section Im posting in, lol.
    I don't think it's a simplified generalization; it's an experiential commonality.

Which brings me back to the origin -- why does it bother you some people say that in the first place? And, now that we are further -- why are you questioning trust in others? I have a hard time believing this is about me specifically.
    Like I said, it's not about you at all. It's about "people who say they don't fear death." As far as "questioning trust in others" goes, everyone lies, duh. And it doesn't bother me, I just get the feeling that it's bullshit because I just can't wrap my head around how someone would not be afraid of death. I think people can overcome that fear or push past it, but I don't understand the idea of just not fearing death. It seems pretty much impossible given my understanding of the human limbic and autonomic nervous systems. But maybe this is a matter of linguistics and what we are each thinking of as "fear of death," and I suspect it is, which is why I w

I was trying to tell you more that you were not perceiving, which is why I got frustrated, and I dont know how to show you without having you experience things in which I would not want you to.
    And this is part of why I have doubts; this whole shtick just kind of sound self-righteous to me. You might be right that I don't want to go through all that, I don't have any desire to endure more traumatic things than I already have, but I'm still curious about how the wheels turn. But you've already said you don't want to talk about it, which is fine by me.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

It isnt meant to be self-righteous. Like empathy, experience is part of the context. For example, there are things in which you perceive more easily than I due to experience. Likewise, there are things in which you have expereinced in which I would likely not want to feel -- and vice versa. In other words, it is in the context of knowing vs. feeling/experiencing.

I think we just have communication errors Like I was telling someone else, I think this would be more clear if it was one on one, verbal.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isnt meant to be self-righteous. Like empathy, experience is part of the context. For example, there are things in which you perceive more easily than I due to experience. Likewise, there are things in which you have expereinced in which I would likely not want to feel -- and vice versa. In other words, it is in the context of knowing vs. feeling/experiencing.
    Yes, I agree, I never expected it to be something you could beam into my mind, I don't know you that well and we have little common ground apart from being white American men. I was hoping you'd try, but not expecting.

I think we just have communication errors Like I was telling someone else, I think this would be more clear if it was one on one, verbal.
    I don't know, I feel like I understand what you are saying just fine, I just deliberately ignore some of the indirect cues you give because I prefer to coax directness out of people. That, and, in this case, I think I just want more than you are willing to give

Do you feel like you don't understand me? Or do you just feel misunderstood?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel like you don't understand me? Or do you just feel misunderstood?
    He just wants to be loved.

By Maritsa.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    He just wants to be loved.

By Maritsa.
    As long as I get to take pictures.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With your camera phone... What phone are you using now, anyways?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm currently waiting for something I like to come out, so I have an LG G2x, slightly older model. Great processor though, and once hacked it can output really high audio quality. Takes mediocre pictures, but not bad; the kind that look like they belong on the internet.

Especially when they feature Jadae's hairy butt.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to bet Jadae feels that the feeling supersedes the explanation. It is too easy to find causality where none exists, complicate simple processes in nature, etc. I feel similar to Jadae, but with excitement akin to what woofwoofl has posted about his experiences on the bike and the adrenaline

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    I'm willing to bet Jadae feels that the feeling supersedes the explanation. It is too easy to find causality where none exists, complicate simple processes in nature, etc. I feel similar to Jadae, but with excitement akin to what woofwoofl has posted about his experiences on the bike and the adrenaline
    What does that even mean? Like I said I don't expect to be able to understand REALLY what its like. And I know at this point that he doesn't want to go into it at all, which is fine, but are you really going to fault me for just being curious?

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Well I'm currently waiting for something I like to come out, so I have an LG G2x, slightly older model. Great processor though, and once hacked it can output really high audio quality. Takes mediocre pictures, but not bad; the kind that look like they belong on the internet.

Especially when they feature Jadae's hairy butt.
    My butt isnt hairy :[

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mmmm, Sunday philosophers again. This is going to be worth my while.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My butt isnt hairy :[
    :-(

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that even mean? Like I said I don't expect to be able to understand REALLY what its like. And I know at this point that he doesn't want to go into it at all, which is fine, but are you really going to fault me for just being curious?
    Of course I do not fault you; I only intend to provide some sort of reason why he won't explain in a format he won't provide (logical, explanatory). I do so because I can see why he might consider a logical or factual expression of that feeling as inherently false, and provided some examples to express much the same feeling, as when man complicates nature with his own designs only to find later that they were based upon our perceptions of the events that occurred. Thus, Jadae may be preemptively preventing himself from providing falsehoods based on his attempt to understand his feeling... see where I'm going with this?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    Of course I do not fault you; I only intend to provide some sort of reason why he won't explain in a format he won't provide (logical, explanatory). I do so because I can see why he might consider a logical or factual expression of that feeling as inherently false, and provided some examples to express much the same feeling, as when man complicates nature with his own designs only to find later that they were based upon our perceptions of the events that occurred. Thus, Jadae may be preemptively preventing himself from providing falsehoods based on his attempt to understand his feeling... see where I'm going with this?
    Like I said, I take for granted it wont be a perfect description of his experience. I'm not asking for a logical dissection of himself, just an experiential account. I'm more just interested in picking his brain and getting little clues about what its like inside his head.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jadae plays videogames, raises chickens that are more flightless than most, and types "LOL" often. What more is there to know?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Jadae plays videogames, raises chickens that are more flightless than most, and types "LOL" often. What more is there to know?
    lol :[

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, I take for granted it wont be a perfect description of his experience. I'm not asking for a logical dissection of himself, just an experiential account. I'm more just interested in picking his brain and getting little clues about what its like inside his head.
    Hm. Well in that case I have no idea what the problem is either lmao

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast