Thread: DUALITY

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    joke from chat. DO NOT look up the movie it references.
    lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality is INCREDIBLE This shit is unreal. Can't really express how....amazing it is. Its like....everything is becoming more clear to me. Im changing, for the better.

Life is so much more than it seems...I can see it now. Im happy!
    Last edited by Leader; 09-12-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Go Lucky View Post
    Duality is INCREDIBLE This shit is unreal. Can't really express how....amazing it is. Its like....everything is becoming more clear to me. Im changing, for the better.

Life is so much more than it seems...I can see it now. Im happy!

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol funny. At the same time....its frustating..especially when you're in love. Wish I never met my dual but at the same time I'm glad I did.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Either guys or girls can initiate interest. In today's culture, I still feel there's an emphasis on guys initiating, but in other cultures throughout time, sometimes girls had initiated. Typically extroverts initiate, but introverts can as well.
    I've always felt more comfortable as the initiator. And there are a lot of guys out there who prefer that the woman initiate! I'm not disagreeing with what you said, but rather suggesting that women initiate if they so desire.

After the relationship has started, guys should definitely pursue the girl. Deep down, guys like fighting and rescuing the maiden in distress, and girls like to be captivating and fought for.
    I've heard that biologically, men are most likely to commit to a woman if they feel they are protecting her from something. I tend to suspect that this is slowly being bred out of our species though, at least in technologically advanced cultures.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've heard that biologically, men are most likely to commit to a woman if they feel they are protecting her from something. I tend to suspect that this is slowly being bred out of our species though, at least in technologically advanced cultures.
    for 99.99% of our existence, we were hunter-gatherers who lived in bands and foraged in small groups for food. Agriculture is a very recent development, and more advanced technology more so. It's going to be a long time before these ingrained behaviors are bred out of us, especially since some of them have been present even before we were Homo sapiens.

It's better to say that maybe culture is evolving to counteract that. Like how, in the majority of western cultures, skinny women are preferred over "curvy" women because culture says so, despite the curvy women being more fertile and healthy and likely to survive childbirth and etc. than stick models.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    for 99.99% of our existence, we were hunter-gatherers who lived in bands and foraged in small groups for food. Agriculture is a very recent development, and more advanced technology more so. It's going to be a long time before these ingrained behaviors are bred out of us, especially since some of them have been present even before we were Homo sapiens.

It's better to say that maybe culture is evolving to counteract that. Like how, in the majority of western cultures, skinny women are preferred over "curvy" women because culture says so, despite the curvy women being more fertile and healthy and likely to survive childbirth and etc. than stick models.
    Depends on the concentration of the gene pool. Take silicone valley, for instance.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Advances in medicine fix that problem.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Snaps

I love your mind. This is one of the most intelligent, thought-provoking posts I have seen on this forum in a while. You win chocolate cookies!

chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

Because chocolate chip cookies create unintended curviness, perhaps you could say culture hasn't completely evolved?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Because chocolate chip cookies create unintended curviness, perhaps you could say culture hasn't completely evolved?
    We're evolved to enjoy sweets because it has a LOT of energy and used to be rare so we would want it really badly when we had the chance to have it (in fruits, usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Advances in medicine fix that problem.
    Advances in medicine fix a lot of problems, but it doesn't change what millions of years of evolution have hardwired into us. Outside of the West, the curvier women are still seen in most places as being the most attractive. I hear we're supposed to blame Twiggy? idk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12