Thread: Super-Ego: most well rounded couple?

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soz I've only skimmed over the comments. To me it seems like temperament is key to understanding the types and their needs. Maybe there isn't even that much difference in the strengths of the different ITR after all. Non type-related stuff is much more important. But the ones with complimentary/same temperament seem to fit together better. It's like they are different versions of each other/ their brains more in sync with each other. However, I think non-type related aspects of personality are important too and a good match might mimic the effect of compatible temperaments.

Perhaps finding a good super-ego partner is hard in the same way finding a good dual is. I might have some stuff in common with SLIs (have met a few out clubbing) but I haven't met any at work really. Just because some people have some really bad experiences with super-ego partners doesn't mean they all have to be bad, it might just mean that it's not so obvious how to spot a good one, compared with a dual perhaps. Also, when I first got into socionics and was focusing too much on the quadras I remember thinking..SLI is the coolest Delta haha. Maybe your super-ego partner is the one from the opposite quadra whose values you share the most.

Also, surely there has to be a pattern connecting all the types in terms of information processing compatibility? If duals are compatible with each other, why isn't there an order of best to worst compatibility? If not by temperament, what is an alternative way to measure it? The quadras? But then why does everyone complain about mirrors lol.

From the bits I've read, socionics is really cool! But it's messy. Someone needs to tidy it up. That way the most useful ideas will emerge. I suppose if it is growing in popularity in the West that might be good because it could mean more researchers become interested in it. There are useful ideas on this forum of course
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-26-2021 at 07:40 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay there is some faulty information out there. There is this intertype relationship chart that has ESFj & ISTp as semi-dual partners. Oh it's because it's shitty mbti nevermind.

LoL it has INFp-ESTj as duals and INFp-ESTp as conflictors.