Thread: Super-Ego: most well rounded couple?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These relationships seem to be underrated by Socionics but are one of the easier ones to start. They work well together; they can relate well to aspects of each other's behaviour; and they complement one another. For these relationships to succeed, Ejs would probably have to share the spotlight more than usual; Ips would need to be more open to one another and less defensive than they normally are; Eps would have set aside significant time for joint endeavours and face-to-face interaction; and Ijs would need to minimize their disconnection times and make more effort to actually communicate when they're together. However, duals aren't slam-dunk relationships either.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck
    These relationships seem to be underrated by Socionics but are one of the easier ones to start. They work well together; they can relate well to aspects of each other's behaviour; and they complement one another. For these relationships to succeed, Ejs would probably have to share the spotlight more than usual; Ips would need to be more open to one another and less defensive than they normally are; Eps would have set aside significant time for joint endeavours and face-to-face interaction; and Ijs would need to minimize their disconnection times and make more effort to actually communicate when they're together. However, duals aren't slam-dunk relationships either.

a.k.a. I/O
    It seems to me that you choose to ignore the misunderstandings between Fe/Ti and Fi/Te as well as the value clashes of Se/Ni and Ne/Si. I agree about super-ego being easy to start, behavior being similar and strengths complementary. However, this is in my experience overshadowed by the conflicts and misunderstandings.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    It seems to me that you choose to ignore the misunderstandings between Fe/Ti and Fi/Te as well as the value clashes of Se/Ni and Ne/Si......
    You may have noticed that I ignore a lot of things. Misunderstandings will exist even amongst duals because of processing differences but I don't see them causing as many rifts as would divergent priorities - the I/O (p/j) divide; and, I've seen the greatest divide between mirrors; one would think that they'd have more understanding of each other but the divide seems exacerbated by familiarity. There's an old adage that may apply: "familiarity breeds contempt".

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    You may have noticed that I ignore a lot of things. Misunderstandings will exist even amongst duals because of processing differences but I don't see them causing as many rifts as would divergent priorities - the I/O (p/j) divide; and, I've seen the greatest divide between mirrors; one would think that they'd have more understanding of each other but the divide seems exacerbated by familiarity. There's an old adage that may apply: "familiarity breeds contempt".

a.k.a. I/O
    Yeah, I don't disagree that the p/j divide is great. However, I don't believe it's accurate to ignore the differences in which brand of ethics or sensing one values. Duals may very well have misunderstandings but they resolve easily because the efforts of each partner is automatically well received by the other. This isn't the case in super-ego where further elaborating will only lead into deeper conflict. The super-ego relation works best as long as psychological distance is kept long. There is admiration from a distance, but closeness creates a repulsive force which isn't the case with duals.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't disagree that the p/j divide is great. However, I don't believe it's accurate to ignore the differences in which brand of ethics or sensing one values. Duals may very well have misunderstandings but they resolve easily because the efforts of each partner is automatically well received by the other. This isn't the case in super-ego where further elaborating will only lead into deeper conflict. The super-ego relation works best as long as psychological distance is kept long. There is admiration from a distance, but closeness creates a repulsive force which isn't the case with duals.
    Which relation other duality do you favor? Rationals aren't for me. I dig mirage, but probably not co-habitate cause Se objectivity clashes with Si comfort.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Which relation other duality do you favor? Rationals aren't for me. I dig mirage, but probably not co-habitate cause Se objectivity clashes with Si comfort.
    Mirage was good but ultimately dissatisfying and I ended it. Semi-duality was satisfying but I ended it because I couldn't forget a dual and Te was just boring compared to playfulness of creative Fe. Activity was intense and interesting but not really long-term relationship material.
    Beneficiary (ESE) was also a bad idea which I wouldn't repeat. I prefer Ni leads above everything else, I guess. I find gamma SF kinda sexy but probably too volatile and aggressive for anything else than one night fun. Same with delta NF but maybe 2 hours of fun instead.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirage was good but ultimately dissatisfying and I ended it. Semi-duality was satisfying but I ended it because I couldn't forget a dual and Te was just boring compared to playfulness of creative Fe. Activity was intense and interesting but not really long-term relationship material.
    Beneficiary (ESE) was also a bad idea which I wouldn't repeat. I prefer Ni leads above everything else, I guess. I find gamma SF kinda sexy but probably too volatile and aggressive for anything else than one night fun. Same with delta NF but maybe 2 hours of fun instead.
    Mirages are decent for my Fi polr. I work on my Ni DS to the point I'm don't fuck up & do unwise shit. I'm guessing Fi-demonstrative (with that cheery Fe creative) fascinates me cognitively

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    I’m curious; what do you find so incompatible about rational types?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I’m curious; what do you find so incompatible about rational types?
    Rationals prefer to be decisive, to speak with certainty about what "should" be or happen. Their lead function operates in such a way that a sense of decisive rigidity is optimal for them. This isn't to say rationals are wrong, just that isn't compatible with me at a close psychological distance

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People who firmly believe in right-to-life will never resolve the misunderstandings that they have with people who believe in right-to-choose, even when they're duals. Much of a brand of values is learned and not innate to information processing. Conflict deepens when one or both parties close down, stop communicating and or insist that they're right. I had implied in my previous statement that closeness can create repulsive forces but I wouldn't limit that observation to semi-duals.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    People who firmly believe in right-to-life will never resolve the misunderstandings that they have with people who believe in right-to-choose, even when they're duals. Much of a brand of values is learned and not innate to information processing. Conflict deepens when one or both parties close down, stop communicating and or insist that they're right. I had implied in my previous statement that closeness can create repulsive forces but I wouldn't limit that observation to semi-duals.

a.k.a. I/O
    I was referring to the socionic term 'values' implying Se/Ni vs. Si/Ne and Ti/Fe vs. Te/Fi. The learned values are indeed a different story, but even if those are different, the different viewpoints are easier to reconcile if you value all the same information elements. The closing down and insisting on being right happens when you talk past each other due to processing and coloring information using the opposite set of lenses. Duals are opposites but share the same set of lenses, super-ego are identical in processing configuration but have exactly opposite lenses. I find this to be important in practice.