Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your quadra?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always preferred stark minimalism, I'd own glass furniture if it was comfortable. that ikea shit is a weak attempt to capture the pristine simplicity of understated personalization, some mechanized feng shui that tries to be the 'complete package in itself.' it's the same difference between grating techno and trance. the Ne/Si mode of expression is entirely different, more saturated and fluid, with (more so alpha) a kind of colorful homeyness, which I find relaxing most of the time, but ultimately a bit too claustrophobic to ever make my own. everything has to have a specific position and purpose. also, I think there's a commonality in aristocratic quadras with this, insofar as the brand of aesthetics double external functions lends itself to, but that's just a general impression. I've encountered tasteless beta flamboyance countless times.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like minimalism in theory but in reality i gravitate towards interesting clutter. for instance my living room has a large blue and orange tapestry behind a floral couch, framed by two huge, gaudy orange lamps with giant dangling orange glass teardrops, an 8-pt buck head on the other wall, having an eternal staring contest with a 4x4ft oil painting of my grandfather scowling on the wall across from it. red, blue, green, yellow, white tibetan flags string across the downstairs (each 1x1 ft), plants everywhere, small and large; drawings and photographs and various flags covering the walls. a loveseat with wooden armrests and native american-like patterened cushions. all wooden furniture and wood floors.

it's cozy, cluttered, bizarre, eclectic but comfortable. not sure how it's type related but we're all ni/se. maybe even all beta, depending on my type

i'm obsessed with things that are built in or multitask though. i like built in shelving especially.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i like minimalism in theory but in reality i gravitate towards interesting clutter. for instance my living room has a large blue and orange tapestry behind a floral couch, framed by two huge, gaudy orange lamps with giant dangling orange glass teardrops, an 8-pt buck head on the other wall, having an eternal staring contest with a 4x4ft oil painting of my grandfather scowling on the wall across from it. red, blue, green, yellow, white tibetan flags string across the downstairs (each 1x1 ft), plants everywhere, small and large; drawings and photographs and various flags covering the walls. a loveseat with wooden armrests and native american-like patterened cushions. all wooden furniture and wood floors.

it's cozy, cluttered, bizarre, eclectic but comfortable. not sure how it's type related but we're all ni/se. maybe even all beta, depending on my type

i'm obsessed with things that are built in or multitask though. i like built in shelving especially.
    this sounds lovely.

my apartment is pretty plain since i just started living on my own this year and i don't have a ton of money to spend decorating. most of my stuff is hand-me-down. garish floral couches that scapegrace said belonged on some ugly couch blog lol. but i like them because they're girly and mine. lots of dark wood, which i love, in the kitchen and my bookshelves. a few plain rugs that serve practical purposes. the only things i've picked out by actual choice to decorate so far are a couple of paintings in the kitchen, oil paintings of big flowers in dark frames.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni/Se people have no taste whatsoever. I talked with Agarina and it seems there is only one solution to this problem. Total delta Si enslavement.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I've always preferred stark minimalism, I'd own glass furniture if it was comfortable. that ikea shit is a weak attempt to capture the pristine simplicity of understated personalization, some mechanized feng shui that tries to be the 'complete package in itself.' it's the same difference between grating techno and trance. the Ne/Si mode of expression is entirely different, more saturated and fluid, with (more so alpha) a kind of colorful homeyness, which I find relaxing most of the time, but ultimately a bit too claustrophobic to ever make my own. everything has to have a specific position and purpose. also, I think there's a commonality in aristocratic quadras with this, insofar as the brand of aesthetics double external functions lends itself to, but that's just a general impression. I've encountered tasteless beta flamboyance countless times.
    I observed that neateness, simplicity in homes belonging to Betas. Everything is so cold and soulless... a lot of space, light, white, blank with touches of art (paintings, vases, shiny metal/glass) here and there as if it is an exhibition.

The space that I create is somewhere in the middle: pretty simple and neat, but also practical and somewhat inconsistent (compared to the alleged Beta), I put together what I find, but not quite *anything*. There are a lot of things I dislike or I find "unfitted" with the rest, if I may say so. But ideally I would live in a place decorated in an old fashion, classic furniture, courtains, bookshelves, fishtanks, plants and decorations. It must be rich and varied but darker, the ambience should be dimmer - lightness and space is dull, they exhaust me and make me feel somewhat agoraphobic.

I should mention that I cannot myself provide and maintain such a design I have in mind, I just saw in different places. That's the most attractive - even if I could, I wouldn't like it, I must discover it, it must be made by someone else - for example an interior designer who just understands what I am for but does not consult me at all from start to finish.
    Last edited by The Ineffable; 09-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    wtf?

wtf? x 2
    I am still decrypting that message. I think he's trying a straw man argument but I'm fairly clueless what he tries to convey.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I am still decrypting that message. I think he's trying a straw man argument but I'm fairly clueless what he tries to convey.
    You think? To be honest, it's a great, valid argument, but I made it complex enough that no one in his right mind (read: not lacking in understanding) would attempt to refute it.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You think? To be honest, it's a great, valid argument, but I made it complex enough that no one in his right mind (read: not lacking in understanding) would attempt to refute it.
    Somebody reveal that the emperor wears no clothes.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    this sounds lovely.

my apartment is pretty plain since i just started living on my own this year and i don't have a ton of money to spend decorating. most of my stuff is hand-me-down. garish floral couches that scapegrace said belonged on some ugly couch blog lol. but i like them because they're girly and mine. lots of dark wood, which i love, in the kitchen and my bookshelves. a few plain rugs that serve practical purposes. the only things i've picked out by actual choice to decorate so far are a couple of paintings in the kitchen, oil paintings of big flowers in dark frames.

Scapegrace is a jerk.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    LIE - Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Ni/Se people have no taste whatsoever
    Indeed. For that, I'm planing to develop a plan of developing taste.
    I'm bit worried about it, but I'm pretty sure that doing well all small details separately, I'm gonna nail down the whole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12