Thread: Eldanen's Second Type Thread

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eldanen's Second Type Thread

Hey guys. I first joined this forum in 2007, and made a type thread back then. I've learned and grown a lot since then, and I'm wondering if anyone's perceptions of me have changed. For those who don't know me or remember me that well, feel free to ask questions.

I'll make this an open thread in that anyone who wants to ask typing related questions can do so, and I'll answer them. I'd rather do that instead of making a long initial post for others to type from.

That said, if you're interested or curious, post below. My current signature typing is one I'm not sure of, so don't let that bias you in one direction.

Thanks

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why would you doubt your type? You sound NiFe enough to me. With less Fe than others , so probably Ni subtype . Last but not least , your very questioning of a type or hanging between two you're not sure about seems to be enough Ti seeking imo.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    why would you doubt your type? You sound NiFe enough to me. With less Fe than others , so probably Ni subtype . Last but not least , your very questioning of a type or hanging between two you're not sure about seems to be enough Ti seeking imo.
    I guess it's partly because of intertype relations. I've never felt extremely close to any estp. I'm 25 and I can't say I've had anything more than a casual friendship with any of them. With esfps, I get the feeling that when I speak, they understand what I'm saying on some deep level, and vice versa. With estps, there isn't really any feeling there at all I guess. And my perpetual disagreements I'm always having with esfps pushes me in the other direction. Estp dicks hurt more too haha.
    I guess one other reason I vacillate is that I often want to consider myself to be good at some technical subject, but my lack of self perspective as a T means I always feel limited in my capability to do such. A lot of the time, I'm not really sure what I want or who I am. I take a guess, assume a character, and act one way for a while. That breaks, and I try something different. Ultimately, I think I've forgotten how to live without acting. And part of me fears that if I don't act, then noone will accept me. I know a lot of this probably sounds trivial or immature, but I'm trying blatant honesty for a while and seeing how that works. (And if bitches hate it, fuck them. I came into this world covered in blood, and I can go out the same way, lol.)

So I guess you can see my predicament.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he's just admitted he likes getting into the skin of a character and acting it. Te is pragmatic as fuck . and not super good at catching people's personalities .

**oh or you wanted to compliment him. Cool, Eldanen. But a Te dick is hard job , good luck

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's just admitted he likes getting into the skin of a character and acting it. Te is pragmatic as fuck . and not super good at catching people's personalities .

**oh or you wanted to compliment him. Cool, Eldanen. But a Te dick is hard job , good luck
    I don't quite understand the last sentence you wrote.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    I agree with the personality aspect stereotypically being E4-like, but if you analyze his phrases using Ti, you will see that they are Te, not Fe. And I prefer Ti to stereotypes. I think it's hard to fake Te vs Fe. Also, ILIs are drama queens in their minds, too, at least the 5w4 ones. And they play mind games, as well. ILIs just often LOOK less drama.

And lol @ the idea of me complimenting him by saying he's not IEI. I actually thought to add that I still like him, unlike the IEIs, so spot on, Mr. (or Mrs.?).
    i'm pretty sure it's Ti that I used. It's very hard to fake Te for someone who has that as polr. But so far he hasn't convinced me of any technical capacities. Not even of some damn dry original sarcasm that I usually notice about ILIs. Quite the opposite, he "greeted" me from my first day here with warm welcoming Fe.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    He could be IEI, just cause what he wrote seems so E4

But looking for "technical" is not Ti that I approve of.

Here you go - my reasons for saying ILI:
    Dynamic because he talks about changes in states . Not of different (specific) states.
    Introverted because most of what he says is not even there if hei s dead (it is subjective).
    Ni as he talks about the hidden / non-connected aspects of his dynamic, introverted observations.
    Te >Fe as he, imo, describe the external changes in tangible ways, rather than in internal dynamics.

Maybe his sx instinct makes you think ethical? I've been seen as a Beta NF- type here by many, and I think it's cause of the sx instinct.
    I can totally spot all the other aspects you point to. Dynamic is the most visible, which made me think a Ni subtype. I can still look into it / him , of course, but this thread in particular seems to talk more about internal dynamics of objects : http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mature-Duality

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni loves fantasy and roleplaying it part of are imagination, its how we project the causes and effects of the future and past. Te can analyze anything from pragmatic perspective this includes emotions, behavior patterns, body language and characteristics. It can evaluate personality logically instead of through sympathy, empathy, and ethical values.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we can have diverging opinions on this. Gamma NT can read and manipulate people, yes, but I still think Te ego focuses on what people *do* more than what they feel when talking about underlying changes over time or relationship dynamic. And I doubt Te ego asks to be corrected if they don't make as much sense as they should.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One idea I had about the constant dilemma that typing myself poses is the dialectical algorithmic cognitive style of the ILI. They often frame their life issues and turn decisions into paradoxes that they seem incapable of resolving for a long time.