I see a lot of "I like a non-dual, what should I do" threads being thrown around, so I'd like to take the time to make a few points:

1. Aside from a few key elements, all people and their personalities are different

As a species, most all human beings have the same basic desires and necessities: food, shelter, friendship, fulfillment, etc. The methods by which they go about attaining these things are as numerous as there are people alive to do them. Factors such as gender, age, culture, geography, religion, social status, sexuality, occupation, personal interests, childhood experiences, and biological/physical/psychological health and well-being to name only a scant few all color how an individual understands himself and relates to others.

2. Socionics is only one factor out of hundreds

As a system of so-called "information metabolism," Socionics attempts to describe only the most basic and abstract of cognitive patterns. While this is still a relatively important aspect to how people understand the world, the information that's fed into these different pipelines of information will always differ to some degree. While Socionics can relegate to some degree the basic methods by which people communicate with one another, this by no means precludes the possibility of two people with opposing IE values understanding each other or coming to agreements on similar topics; I see it happen all the time. The only really immediate factor that I see socionics playing on a person's personality is in temperaments, and even then how the temperament manifests is subject to external factors.

3. Relationships are inherently fluid and complicated

Given the inherent complexity of one human being and his own understanding of the world, for him to be in such a comfortable and intuitive sync with another person doesn't happen very often at all. Most times, he will have to do the dance of attempting to understand those things outside of his immediate purview, such as conflicting ideologies, lifestyles, interests, even the other person's physicality. Plus given how often people's personalities change depending on their current life satisfaction, world experiences, or even something so trivial as mood, the nature of these relationships will also morph and change to some degree. As Socionics is purported to be a static depiction of the human psyche, it cannot account for whatever psychological or physical changes two people undergo between each other or in what ways their relationship will pan out in the long run.

In short, if you two like each other and really find that you work well together in practice, Socionics should not dissuade you from pursuing it

It's a good tool for understanding what sorts of vague underlying thought patterns you are best equipped to metabolize, but Socionics will never be the end-all-be-all. If you love, like, or even have a simple passing crush on someone, it's fine to keep Socionics in mind to get a sense of how you two interact. But you must understand that there has to be something more immediately aligned between the two of you in order for a relationship to be truly rewarding and fulfilling.