Such as figuring out a math problem?

Humans show various behaviors that are usually classified as resulting from higher cognitive capabilities or functions. Examples of such behaviors are reasoning, planning, interpretation of behavior of and attribution of intentions to others, uses of language. An example of a reasoning pattern that can be analysed is 'reasoning by assumption'. Within such reasoning, on the fly new premisses can be added and retracted. Examples of patterns of reasoning by assumption can be found in the manner in which humans solve reasoning puzzles. Other types of reasoning make use of different types of representations, for example arithmetical versus visual representations. Subjects (e.g., 8-9 years old) not able to arithmetically multiply numbers larger than 10 but with some geometrical skills can reach an answer for such multiplication problems by visualising the problem and exploiting the geometrical representation.
http://www.cs.vu.nl/en/sec/ai/masters/cogsci.html

The second one sounds like me. I've always had that. Solving math problems through geometry and visual imagery, that is. I assume that perceiving types would do it that way, in contrast to judgers who would use the more analytical "arithmetic" method.