Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
i know you are arguing against people following socionics to the letter. you were just also saying it wasn't socionics "fault."

and i wouldn't put it that way either - i wouldn't place "blame" on a model instead of the people using it. but people misapply it when they use it correctly. it IS a problem with the theory.

i'm not even really sure if thats an important point of disagreement, though. i think in the end it probably comes down to how much value we place on it in terms of whether its worth trying to apply it or not.
understand socionics -> understand its limitations -> apply it if you will

if people on step #3 misapply it because they skipped step #2, that's not socionics' fault for someone not understanding that the theory isn't a magic wand for their relationships should they choose to apply it.

i think the disagreement could be related to that, what you said said regarding each individual's determination of its value, interpretation of socionics as a theory, and also on what the "correct" way to apply socionics is.

because i suspect we probably disagree on what "using the model correctly" (among other language throughout this conversation) actually means. but i don't really feel like arguing semantics to be honest.