Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEI-ness

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i guess i can see why people might think SEI from Fen's behavior online, on top of the fact that it's her current self-typing, but IRL i don't really see it.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have strong Ni.
    I don't value Se.

I dont know any other way to say this.

Judiciousness is like the one thing I'm certain of other than being a 9.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More accurate than characteristics and behavior traits are relationships and feelings of psychological comfort/discomfort. So, being a ENTP, you should post a video and I'll tell you if you are weird to me or not.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Big applause. You've outdone yourself.
    Always.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    It's a mock of her mock self-typing. Funny how she didn't get that either.
    No, I got it. It just wasn't funny. I was hoping you had some rationale for picking Ti-IEE out of all the ridiculous combinations you could have made that would have made it funnier, and that you would expound further. But there wasn't so you didn't. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to humor.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What the fuck is Ti-IEE. IEE is Ti polr by definition.
    Rick DeLong is Ti-N-IEE. Have you seen his videos?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I went off on tangents...

I suggest putting yourself in more pleasant situations, fenryrr before throwing a type on yourself.

As of now, I can call you an Ethical type

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post

where can one watch them?

Creepy-Snaps

Fen, I explained the other night on tinychat that I thought you were IEE, not SEI, but I'll give the reasons here.

Outside from the fact that I see ABSOLUTELY NO Si and Fe from you, I'll be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    When @thePirate and @woofwoofl typed me SEI, I kinda thought "meh" at first; I didn't really see why. But once I learned more about negativism, it just kinda made sense.
    When I think about myself as a child and my hobbies...I would draw floorplans of my house or room...all the different ways to place the furniture, looking for the best way. I'd draw garden layouts too. And in 7th grade I started teaching myself photoshop and did so pretty successfully. When I think of other potentially Si-ish things I do, I also think of how I can recreate sensations in my body by thinking about a time and place. When I think about 5 years ago when I would go to the park with Lane at night and lie in the grass, I can relive how the environment affected me vividly -- because environment does affect how you feel; like the vibe you get...the overall impression internalized, like when you walk into your childhood home, you can almost feel how you felt as a child; the same experience in your body -- and listening to music I listened to in these periods can help the intensity of the "re-living" experience. I don't know if this is Si-ish or not.
    1) Teaching yourself photoshop does not make you Si.
    2) Anyone can 'recreate sensations in your body', Si types remember sensations much more specifically and intensely, rather than the 'environment' and 'mood', which seems more Ne-ish to me.
    3) Listening to music to affect your mood does not make you Si.

As far as IEI, I am pretty sure I'm not. I don't think I am decisive; I don't think I am positivist; I don't think I am asking.
    I think @polikujm, on the first page, hit the nail on the head here... you're CONFUSING YOURSELF WITH THE DICHOTOMIES! This is the WORST way to go about typing yourself, IMHO.

What I am largely curious of...is why Ne ego makes sense for me, supposedly, since some people are sticking to that typing, despite the fact that I am nothing like any of the Ne-egos on the forum.
    First off, I do think you're like a lot of the Ne-egos. Secondly, on tinychat, when I asked 'why SEI' you said you normally think about ALL THE OPTIONS of different things, which I said sounded more like Ne-ego. Third, in my experience, Gamma/Delta Te-valuers tend to ask 'why' a certain type, as opposed to being satisfied with the reasons why NOT. (Ti classification versus Te entire thought process) <-- @Phthalate does the same thing as IEE, still mistyping himself as ILE. @lungs did the same when switching to ESI. She wasn't satisfied with the blanket 'this is your type' but wanted to know the coherent thought process.

I fear negativism is being mistaken for intuition.
    This is one of THE MOST FRUSTRATING STATEMENTS FOR ME. You keep repeating it. What the heck are you talking about? I have no clue what this means, how've you attributed intuition to being negative. This is why you don't use the dichotomies. You can be IEE and be either a positive or negative person! Please explain what you mean by this.

P.S. SEI's don't normally use blanket, confusing, unspecific statements like this, this is more intuitive again.

LASTLY! I've lost track of my numbered reasons. I think this is #9? But perhaps I should have put this #1, as this may be the biggest, emotional, subconscious motivator of this entire thread. 9) I suspect you want to be in Alpha because you perceive both @hitta and @Aerorobyn to be in Alpha, too.

Sorry if the tone of this post seemed harsh. I'm annoyed that 1) you're going about this the completely wrong way by using the dichotomies and 2) your understanding of the elements seems waaaaaaaaaay off. 3) A few others agree with SEI, when I think IEE is obvious, but that's not your fault. I thought I'd sit back, and eventually you'd go back to Delta NF, as though you were exploring SEI, but the fact you've stayed that way this long, concerns me.
    Last edited by Snaps; 07-24-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As long that is correct and he, himself, self-types so, I don't know what it is about, anymore.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    where can one watch them?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjNuAe12dg

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post an exact time-frame where he says that, so I can fast forward to it. Thanks.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Post an exact time-frame where he says that, so I can fast forward to it. Thanks.
    He doesn't say that, but he is obviously Normalizing. And he self types IEE

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Third, in my experience, Gamma/Delta Te-valuers tend to ask 'why' a certain type, as opposed to being satisfied with the reasons why NOT. (Ti classification versus Te entire thought process) <-- @Phthalate does the same thing as IEE, still mistyping himself as ILE.
    Wait. What?

I ask for reasoning, whichever approach (Why or why not) is taken. Most of the ones I've heard are ultimately not satisfactory and doesn't carry any weight with me, why?

People have basically told me "You are aristocratic", and when I ask "How so?", all I hear is "Because you are not democratic" .

People tell me "You don't use structural logic", and when I ask "How so?", they go "Because you do not use " .

People tell me "I don't see -Creative, so it must be -creative:", to which it's easy to say "I don't see -Vulnerable, so it must be -vulnerable". I've yet to hear a good reasoning against what I said.

Basically, I've yet to have someone give me a good and solid argument that is able to back it up with examples of what I've done, or even ask me questions instead of just imposing an idea.

Now, if you would like to bring more opinions about why you think IEE > ILE, then I invite you to please respond in my type-me thread, shoot me a private message, post on my wall, or whatever other way you prefer to contact me, except this thread. This is fen's thread. Why did I make this post here instead of asking you in private? Because I don't think your argument is a good one if you are going to type her based on this(asking for reasoning is not Te > Ti).

Fen, I've told you in private what I think of your type. I 100% agree you shouldn't go by the dichotomies, and I think dolphin's post has been the most accurate in this thread BY FAR.

EDIT: Reread this. I agree with what a lot of @Snaps said. I just don't want him using me as some sort of reference point, benchmark, or whatever you want to call it.
    Last edited by Phthalate; 07-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He doesn't say that, but he is obviously Normalizing. And he self types IEE
    I knew a guy in real life who acted the same way, although he had tattoos on his forearms. Looks like it was a Ti-N-IEE.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't have strong Ni.
    I don't value Se.

I dont know any other way to say this.

Judiciousness is like the one thing I'm certain of other than being a 9.
    i feel bad now, i wasn't trying to say you're IEI, rather that i think Intuitive is better than Sensing for you if i had to choose. but i'm open to being wrong on this.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, I do think you're like a lot of the Ne-egos. Secondly, on tinychat, when I asked 'why SEI' you said you normally think about ALL THE OPTIONS of different things, which I said sounded more like Ne-ego. Third, in my experience, Gamma/Delta Te-valuers tend to ask 'why' a certain type, as opposed to being satisfied with the reasons why NOT. (Ti classification versus Te entire thought process) <-- @Phthalate does the same thing as IEE, still mistyping himself as ILE. @lungs did the same when switching to ESI. She wasn't satisfied with the blanket 'this is your type' but wanted to know the coherent thought process.
    Snaps....that's what negativism means. Seeing the reasons why NOT. And that's what I've been trying to say: The thinking of all the different sides of things is related to negativism, and not necessarily Ne. Thats what I mean....by "Im afraid negativism is being mistaken for intuition."
    Because people keep saying seeing all that stuff is intuition, but it's negativism.

Negativism is NOT being a negative person. :/

My reasons for self-typing alpha has nothing to do with hitta or Robyn. Robyn is likely gamma.
    And hitta can arguably be beta.
    So....

Glam, I'm not mad at you.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I can easily recall and recreate past sensations and body states quite well, too—I'd be genuinely surprised by anyone who told me they couldn't. So I'm not sure why this would be suggestive of Si ego.
    I'm pretty sure I can't do this; it sounds really like a foreign ability to me. Surprise!!!!!

Not saying it's an Si thing, though. Dunno.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LIE - Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) Anyone can 'recreate sensations in your body', Si types remember sensations much more specifically and intensely, rather than the 'environment' and 'mood', which seems more Ne-ish to me.
    I agree! I think there is an obvious trend of "raping" the function descriptions, in order to make them fitting more someones personality.

On Si and Photoshop: I have the very obvious Si polr, but I can bet there is no one on this forum better than me. Although my way of working is very non-linear and a Si-ego will probably find it "messy" and chaotic".

The music affection over the moods is probably closer to Ni, yet any type can be moody and listen to music. It's not very related.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled upon THIS video of Fenryrr... or stalked... I don't know how else to get this kind of information without stalking I guess... It's subconscious... anyway:

I get an intuitive vibe... Most likely NF.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, based on this video - Ne is the vibe that I get.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo

Why not EII?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is with fenryrr, I can see her mannerisms similar to my own. She sort of throws out all kinds of information about her own life and experience and tries to make sense out of it all while it is all out on her plate. Contrast that to someone who naturally makes a cohesive monologue or a person that can weave one thing leading to another effortlessly.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichotomies I Am Certain I Relate To
    *bolded dichotomies are not consistent with IEE typing
    - introverted
    - ethical
    - irrational
    - negativist
    - declaring
    - democratic
    - yielding
    - judicious

I'm not certain about process/result. And I THINK I'm emotivist > constructivist.
    First of all, you typed yourself EII, IEE, IEI and SEI, so far. Lets test the reliability of their chosen dichotomies:

Note: I'm going to exclude both introverted/extroverted and rational/irrational from this analysis.*

*I will explain later why I did it, in another post, if you're interested.

- all ethical
    - positivist, negativist, positivist, negativist
    - declaring, declaring, asking, declaring
    - aristocratic, aristocratic, aristocratic, democratic
    - yielding, obstinate, yielding, yielding
    - judicious, judicious, decisive, judicious

IEI is the most incosistent with the other typings, while EII is the most consistent.

On these grounds, it's more likely that you're positivist.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    First of all, you typed yourself EII, IEE, IEI and SEI, so far. Lets test the reliability of their chosen dichotomies:

Note: I'm going to exclude both introverted/extroverted and rational/irrational from this analysis.*

*I will explain later why I did it, in another post, if you're interested.

- all ethical
    - positivist, negativist, positivist, negativist
    - declaring, declaring, asking, declaring
    - aristocratic, aristocratic, aristocratic, democratic
    - yielding, obstinate, yielding, yielding
    - judicious, judicious, decisive, judicious

IEI is the most incosistent with the other typings, while EII is the most consistent.

On these grounds, it's more likely that you're positivist.
    This was the first time I typed based on dichotomies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    fenryrr is EII; get over it blind crawling creatures.
    </thread>
    You're an idiot.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the first time I typed based on dichotomies...
    I know. I'm just having fun with the dichotomies, I still don't know how reliable they are.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Stop nitpicking on etiquette, you just make yourself a narrow-minded ceremonious self-righteous asshole. I was obviously joking with that part. Do I have to PM you everytime I'm jesting, just to make sure you don't take it the wrong way?

Because you lack the manners to highlight only the part that bothers you, I am now compelled to specify that I was serious about typing fenryrr as EII.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the hell does this have to do with etiquette or manners?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    the hell does this have to do with etiquette or manners?
    I leave it to you to figure out, Einstein.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I leave it to you to figure out, Einstein.
    You're a pussy, did you know that?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fenryrr, To me, Si manifests very differently in the types you are considering for yourself. I have 3 friends who are SEI, EII, and IEE. They all appreciate nature, good food, beautiful things, and being comfortable. To me, the important clue in distinguishing their type is in how they react when something is amiss in their physical state or someone else’s.

SEI– Si Base, Caregiver: She is very tuned in to her physical state and others’. She has a quiet confidence in dealing with Si issues. I wouldn’t call it “practical,” which seems more LSEish. The SEI’s confidence is more of an effortless flow. She enjoys making sure that the people in her orbit are comfortable, never in an overbearing way. She doesn’t complain much when she feels bad, just deals with it.

IEE– Si Dual seeking, Infantile: She is also tuned in to her physical state, but in a less confident way than the SEI. She is verbal about her ailments in a slightly needy way. The dual seeking is pretty obvious in her case. (I don’t want to characterize all IEEs as appearing needy regarding Si. I am just referring to the one in my life.) She notices others’ physical states and readily offers care when she senses someone needs help, but the underlying vibe is different from the SEI. (Imagine EllenDeGeneres bringing you a bowl of soup when you were sick vs. the way the Barefoot Contessa (SEI) would fix you a bowl of soup.) Another IEE friend of mine is not so much dual seeking about her health, with her the verbal dual seeking is all about needing to be reassured about her appearance.

EII– Si Mobilizing, Infantile: She is very aware of her physical state and discusses her Si problems in a matter-of-fact way, less “needy” than the IEE. She is very thorough in caring for her loved ones and her environment, but, unlike the SEI, it is more of an effort for her, and she will sacrifice herself in the process. Her care is friendly, but feels less “warm” compared to the SEI. (TheIEE won’t give care to the sacrificial extent that the EII will. The SEI is such an innate caregiver that it never seems like a sacrifice.)

An afterthought - The caregiving of an SEI will vary according to their priorities. I have seen Jacqueline Kennedy typed as an SEI, and I can believe it after reading about her tenure as a first lady. Her redecoration of the White House was something that flowed out of her, along with the focus on excellent cooking and entertaining. It was part of her way of giving care to her husband and children and friends. My SEI, on the other hand, lives in a double wide trailer and has never hung any art on her walls. Her caregiving takes the form of delicious cooking and spending quality time with her family. Another SEI that I know doesn’t know anything about cooking or cleaning. But he will sit and listen to people talk for hours, all the while strumming on his guitar in the most pleasant way.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    An afterthought - The caregiving of an SEI will vary according to their priorities. I have seen Jacqueline Kennedy typed as an SEI, and I can believe it after reading about her tenure as a first lady. Her redecoration of the White House was something that flowed out of her, along with the focus on excellent cooking and entertaining. It was part of her way of giving care to her husband and children and friends.
    I think she was ESI. What she has done doesn't contradict this type. If not ESI, some decisive type, anyway. Look up some pictures and especially quotes of her.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fen is IEE. Thread closed.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote Ne-EII or Fi-IEE. I haven't seen any real argument against IEE aside from dichotomies and that she seems more introverted (though Fi subtype), and haven't seen any argument at all against EII.

(Why not EII? That's my first bet.)
    Last edited by FoxOnStilts; 08-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She does remind me of an EII friend, especially when she disapproves of any behavior, there is a subtle quite tone to her that makes her thoughts more pronounced, y'know? SEIs are generally less tactful and more confrontational.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pisswager and I smell of fire.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very simple. Let me use a section of the new test I'm writing. Read the following two paragraphs and say which sounds more like you:

A: Imagine a person that is both interesting and unusual. In discussions he brings many new perspectives and alternative attitudes to the subject of discourse, piquing the interest of other people involved. Attracted to novel experiences, such a person starts up many new projects but never remains with one that has since gone stale. It is the latent possibilities of something that excites him and as such he is far more likely to do something that increases the potential to do whatever he pleases later on than strive for a concrete goal. Often he will spend time doing something merely because it is interesting instead of it being in any way useful.

B: Imagine a person completely in tune with their bodily sensations. This person takes life at a comfortable, slow pace. To such a person, it does not matter who wins the most competitions or is the best in some concrete statistic; what matters is enjoyment and this person goes to great measures to ensure his comfort and those of others. When telling a story or providing information, he will usually provide detailed accounts of his personal experiences such as the smell of something, how it sounded, how it felt on the skin etc. He pays great attention to the aesthetic of his surroundings, cultivating pleasant sensations and ensuring a well decorated space, cooking good food etc. with a focus on physical harmony.

1. If A, then you are ILE.
    2. If B, then you are SEI.
    3. If you can't quite decide, read on...

C: His strong focus on the latent possibilities of the near future leaves him largely unaware of present needs and daily concerns. When excitedly pursuing his latest project, he can often forget about these matters unless reminded, forgetting to eat, wash and clean his room and may even dash outside without remembering to put on a coat. This lack of sensory knowhow extends to courtship where he can be awkward when attempting to display his sexuality. Despite this, the maintenance of comfort and sensuality is a great need and so he looks to someone else who can provide it. Such a person would be able to pay attention to these details and look after him

D: His expertise in managing the daily cares of comfort and aesthetic leaves him largely unaware of the possibilities outside his sensory activities. He tends to be quite modest, not being able to see his potential and so may shy away from any long term projects that would put his abilities to the test. Aware that any possible uniqueness he might have is likely to create distance between himself and others, he will often present himself to others as a kind of ‘average Joe’, not showing off his better talents except with those close to him. Instead, he looks to someone else who can recognise his unique talents. Such a person would be able to make him feel special and bring new ideas to the table so that he can apply himself.

1. If C, then you are IEE.
    2. If D, then you are SEI.

Creepy-Snaps

Fen, I explained the other night on tinychat that I thought you were IEE, not SEI, but I'll give the reasons here.

Outside from the fact that I see ABSOLUTELY NO Si and Fe from you, I'll be specific.

I think @polikujm, on the first page, hit the nail on the head here... you're CONFUSING YOURSELF WITH THE DICHOTOMIES! This is the WORST way to go about typing yourself, IMHO.

First off, I do think you're like a lot of the Ne-egos. Secondly, on tinychat, when I asked 'why SEI' you said you normally think about ALL THE OPTIONS of different things, which I said sounded more like Ne-ego. Third, in my experience, Gamma/Delta Te-valuers tend to ask 'why' a certain type, as opposed to being satisfied with the reasons why NOT. (Ti classification versus Te entire thought process) <-- Phthalate does the same thing as IEE, still mistyping himself as ILE. lungs did the same when switching to ESI. She wasn't satisfied with the blanket 'this is your type' but wanted to know the coherent thought process.

This is one of THE MOST FRUSTRATING STATEMENTS FOR ME. You keep repeating it. What the heck are you talking about? I have no clue what this means, how've you attributed intuition to being negative. This is why you don't use the dichotomies. You can be IEE and be either a positive or negative person! Please explain what you mean by this.

P.S. SEI's don't normally use blanket, confusing, unspecific statements like this, this is more intuitive again.

LASTLY! I've lost track of my numbered reasons. I think this is #9? But perhaps I should have put this #1, as this may be the biggest, emotional, subconscious motivator of this entire thread. 9) I suspect you want to be in Alpha because you perceive both hitta and Aerorobyn to be in Alpha, too.

Sorry if the tone of this post seemed harsh. I'm annoyed that 1) you're going about this the completely wrong way by using the dichotomies and 2) your understanding of the elements seems waaaaaaaaaay off. 3) A few others agree with SEI, when I think IEE is obvious, but that's not your fault. I thought I'd sit back, and eventually you'd go back to Delta NF, as though you were exploring SEI, but the fact you've stayed that way this long, concerns me.
    BUMP.

I'm bumping this thread, I'm changing my stance from Delta NF for @fenryrr to SEI.

Reasons:

1) A couple weeks ago, it ran across the back of my mind that Fen looked more Alpha SF in her pictures than Delta NF, almost similar to Kristen Bell in the facial structure. I still mostly thought Delta NF, and didn't have much concrete evidence, so I didn't say anything.

2) Last night, on camera Fen reminded me a lot of an ISFp friend. I know that doesn't explain a whole lot, and personal opinions are subjective. But she reminded me of an SEI friend in a sensory-impulsive way, wanting to explore new things, almost in an Angelina Jolie ISFp fashion.

3) While at first I perceived Fen's strength with relationships and staying in touch with others as Delta NF, she seems to come across more as a 'sweetheart' with Fe-creative. Her mostly laid-back, agreeable nature, can more easily be attributed to Si-leading. Delta NF's are nice... but if scorn... THEY'LL F YOU UP! And Delta NF's have no problem expressing disagreement, or being stubborn to start an argument, if they feel strongly, while Fen is almost always alleviating any tension.

4) I feel Delta NF's are more open and talkative, because of the Ne. They're more willing to have a steam-of-consciousness conversation, and express their observations; whereas Fen is mostly quiet on cam, and when she does speak, it's usually a giggle or a laugh, which fits more as Fe-creative, as opposed to Ne.

Also, she's very mysterious. This is not type related, but I feel the need to say it.

So there you have it, I revise my opinion, and admit I was wrong. While Fen is very open-minded, thinking through all kinds of ideas, I originally perceived that as Ne-ego, whereas now I just think it's strongly Ne-valuing. If she's truly ISFp, she craves new ideas and new connections from her dual, which may be why she doesn't want to settle into any single type anyway, and rather remains open between SEI and IEE.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3) While at first I perceived Fen's strength with relationships and staying in touch with others as Delta NF, she seems to come across more as a 'sweetheart' with Fe-creative. Her mostly laid-back, agreeable nature, can more easily be attributed to Si-leading. Delta NF's are nice... but if scorn... THEY'LL F YOU UP! And Delta NF's have no problem expressing disagreement, or being stubborn to start an argument, if they feel strongly, while Fen is almost always alleviating any tension.
    But here is where you're wrong. Fe egos are more likely to cause a scene (even jokingly), something Fen is not quite fond of. Gamma NTs and Delta STs simply will not tolerate excessive emotion. There is a reason why Fe egos are paired with the most cold bolded group of the soicon, Ti-egos. Compare Fen to any Fe ego on this forum. There is a huge difference to the way they go about doing things. Another observation, the ESIs on this forum are generally nicer than IEIs, despite being Se-egos. Fen's general diplomatic disposition is evident of Fi. Even SEEs are more agreeable than SEIs - speaking from personal experience, since I haven't interacted much with many people on this forum, including SEIs. I know mune is one, but I rarely see his/her posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast