View Poll Results: If you only look at the last 2 or 3 months, what type would you say I most likey am?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTj

0 0%
  • ENTp

8 32.00%
  • ISFp

2 8.00%
  • ESFj

0 0%
  • ISTj

0 0%
  • ESTp

0 0%
  • INFp

0 0%
  • ENFj

2 8.00%
  • INTp

0 0%
  • ENTj

5 20.00%
  • ISFj

1 4.00%
  • ESFp

4 16.00%
  • ISTp

1 4.00%
  • ESTj

2 8.00%
  • INFj

0 0%
  • ENFp

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: minus the life crisis

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    Joy, Please bolden which traits of Se you do not have.

Jung's function: Extraverted Sensing

Socionics function: black sensing - force - volitional sensorics

outward traits of object - shape, old vs. young, worth or cost, appearance, energy of object, strength, readiness, willpower, mobilization

Positive(short range):
    Deduction of authority, insubordination, protection, defense, retaliation, counterattack, hardness, upholding of the interests, strong-willed pressure from below upwards, will power, possession;

Negative (long range):
    Capture of authority, submission, attack, aggression, attack, the initiative, persistence, insistence, strong-willed pressure from top to down, the statement of the interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, lack of will, mastering.
    It's really hard to tell because of chronic low energy and depression. When I'm well, I'm very ambitious and push my way upward, regardless of whatever obstacles I may face. I make great strides toward my long term financial goals.

As far as my attitude about authority (gah I hate the A word), the only people who I ever consider to have authority over me are the owners of a company in which I have accepted a position. Managers are not my bosses. If I have a problem with them, I just do what I think I should do, and if I must, I will go over his or her head to higher management, human resources, the union, the owners, the government... whatever is necessary. I've done this type of thing over scheduling conflicts and whatnot... I do what I do because I have decided to do it, NOT because I am obeying (gah I have the O word).

Willpower... I am not good at getting things done unless there is long term financial benefit. I am absolutely horrible at staying on top of everyday things such as chores, errands, and appointments. I cannot run fast or for any period of time because I have not trained my body to do so. I tried to quit smoking dozens of times before I actually stopped smoking. I have never been able to stick to a diet for more than a couple of weeks. These things all require too much effort.

Now as far as the outward traits of an object... I am a Home Inspector. I am a damn good Home Inspector. During inspections, I look at the entire exterior of buildings, including the roof (often by walking on it ); the entire interior of a building, including checking for water stains on the ceilings and walls, sufficient supply and return vents for the HVAC system, leaking drains and faucets, toilets that need to be re-sealed to the pipe, products which may contain asbestos, mold, the ventilation and insulation in the attic, fire hazards, smoke detectors, windows and doors, gaurd/hand railings, etc; the pluming, including the type of material and condition of pipes, water heater, laundry areas, and whether there are improper installations/repairs; the electrical system, including the presence or absence of GFCIs, miswired outlets, improper installation, bootleg service upgrade, double tapped breakers, etc; the foundation and structure (don't even get me started of everything that this includes); and the heating and cooling systems, including testing equipment and looking for problems such as infufficient combustion air, improper installation, condenser pan leakage, backdrafting, CO levels, cracked heat exchangers, asbestos insulation on ductwork, etc.

I could go on and on...

Basically, my job is to present myself professionally to clients (and a lot of people say they're not sure I even look like an adult) so that they'll be at ease. They are basing one of the largest decisions of their life on what I find and report on in a few hours time. I must be able to easily recognize and thoroughly explain many different types of problems. There is a great deal of technical knowledge involved.

A building is a system not unlike the human body. Changing one thing can cause dramatic changes in seemingly unrelated areas. An example of this would be a new owner using the fireplace frequently and a sudden growth of mold in the attic. There can be changes that take place over years of time, and it often takes experience, knowledge, and ingenuity to piece together these mysteries in a home. It's called building science.

Anyways... I love my job. Is it Se? Is it Te? Is it Ti? Is it Fe? Is it Ne? Is it Ni? I think it's all of the above.

Anyways, if I'm an ESFp, I'm a fuck of a lot more fucked up than I thought I was. What are ESFps good at? Prolly not many things I can call strengths.

Naruto is still my hero though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willpower... I am not good at getting things done unless there is long term financial benefit. I am absolutely horrible at staying on top of everyday things such as chores, errands, and appointments. I cannot run fast or for any period of time because I have not trained my body to do so. I tried to quit smoking dozens of times before I actually stopped smoking. I have never been able to stick to a diet for more than a couple of weeks. These things all require too much effort.
    Will·pow·er or will pow·er P Pronunciation Key (wlpour)
    n.
    The strength of will to carry out one's decisions, wishes, or plans.

I did not ask about your job, preferrably about your personality. I would like you to go through that list of traits and pull out which ones do not fit... and list those if at all possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so about will power- I do not have physicaly willpower, but yes, I am very very stubborn about getting what I want once I have decided I want it.

I'll post an answer to the list of Se traits in a moment. In the meantime... I had a conversation about socionics with someone I lived with for 3 years and knew for 5 or 6 years...

He read the descriptions for ENTp, ENTj, and ESFp.

charismaticirony (7:35:09 PM): so do you think I'm ENTj?
    charismaticirony (7:35:26 PM): a lot of people from the socionics forum still think I'm ENTp and a lot think I'm ESFp
    XyroZe (7:35:28 PM): yeah.. im kinda confused to as why youd think you were an entp actuallly
    charismaticirony (7:36:36 PM): the reason I thought that was because that's what I tested
    XyroZe (7:36:03 PM): from my understanding of socionics you seem to be much more judging than percieving
    charismaticirony (7:35:48 PM): wanna read the ESFp description?
    XyroZe (7:36:06 PM): kay
    charismaticirony (7:36:23 PM): http://www.socionics.com/prof/esfp.htm
    XyroZe (7:39:00 PM): yeah, i think you are only like that while drunk
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positive(short range):
    Deduction of authority- as in knowing who's technically in charge? yes. as in respecting authority? no.

insubordination- cmon... I've only been written up for that a handful of times..

protection, defense- umm... I guess? That's pretty vague. In general I think physical power is unimpressive at best. I've helped a lot of people verbally and emotionally stand up to others, and I've stoof up for other people a lot too.

retaliation, counterattack- not since I was a teenager. well... I guess some people might tend to disagree. When I am emotionally hurt, I don't talk about it. I either withdraw or make a cold power play. The only time I physically "attack" though is when I like slap someone's ass or pinch his nipples or bite him when he teases me, and that's just playing.

hardness- not sure what's meant by that

upholding of the interests- sure?

strong-willed pressure from below upwards- yes!

will power- I guess...

possession- not sure what this is all about

Negative (long range):

Capture of authority- huh?

submission- NO

attack- see above

aggression,

the initiative

persistence, insistence- when I am trying to get something I really want, yes

strong-willed pressure from top to down- no. I never flaunt technical/authoritive power.

the statement of the interests due to others- huh?

overthrow- huh?

weakness- what kind?

lack of will- when I'm depressed

mastering- not sure what this is all about
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it to be a power thing... if you're pushing upwards, you're fighting your bosses and/or trying to get more power. if you're pushing downwards, you're shitting on your subordinates
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types are not strengths. They are tendencies.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not good any of the things that a certain type is generally good at... I find it unlikely that I'm that type.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    If I'm not good any of the things that a certain type is generally good at... I find it unlikely that I'm that type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan87
    Types are not strengths. They are tendencies.
    Do I have to put it in my sig?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if there are things you are good at and things you are bad at... and things certain types are generally good at or bad at... it's good if it matches up... at least a little
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12