Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: DJ Arendee's Type me Bonanza Blowout

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@blackburry... Bullshit you say? Nothing I say is bullshit.
    prepare for quotage:

Enneagram 8, social variant
    Complicity (friendship without judgment). Easy to confuse with counterphobic Six, but more
    body/motor focused (where the Six in more "in the head'). Harder to recognize, not apparently angry but
    very friendly. Key element = "accompliceship" or survival through alliance. More "narcissistic."
    Seductiveness makes it possible to be an Eight in the world. Overwhelms out of selfishness,
    incontinence, gusto.
    http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf

although I'm not sure what overwelming due to incontinence means, sounds like something from dante's inferno...

Here's another one:

Social Eights like to "live large," and as the name suggests, engage fully in the world. Friendship and loyalty are top values for them, and they are willing to make great sacrifices for the people and causes they care about. At the same time, they expect that others they have bonded with will be similarly loyal to them. (In this regard, they can resemble Sixes, although their energy is bigger and more direct than that of Sixes.) Often, Social Eights will gather a group of friends around them while unofficially acting as the chairperson of the group—the "king" or "queen." They enjoy conversation about sports, politics, rock music, or the latest events on their favorite soap opera—any subject in which they can boldly state opinions and get into debates about. Social Eights enjoy the banter and energy of a disagreement about such matters, and they are often surprised to learn that others can be hurt or overwhelmed by the force of their opinions. At such times, they may try to "tone themselves down," but they usually find this an uncomfortable compromise. More often, they seek out friends who they perceive as strong and independent, people who can take a bit of roughhousing and who will not be overwhelmed by them. Less healthy Social Eights have problems with making promises to people that they cannot always fulfil. Conning others, and exaggerating situations can become part of the picture.

ocial Eights are often loyal to a group and conceive of friendship as a pact of mutual protection. Want everyone to benefit; group's cohesion and welfare is most important to them. Often oriented to family, honest, hold themselves accountable to others. May be the group's protector or provider. Emphasis on cooperation. When healthy, they are aggressively blustery but will back down and apologize when they've been unfair. More able to say the Three Little Words -"I was wrong." Stronger connection to 2, can emotionally switch places with others in their chosen group. As friends they want to protect what's soft or young in you and appreciate the same in return. Hostility directed towards outside forces who threatens the group's welfare.
    http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-8.html

As for being a night in shining armor, that was implied, but I've seen it written in a forum post right here:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=12943

In a nutshell, the SX 8 is the one we all think of most often. Angry, impulsive power hungry blah blah. The SP 8 i s more 8w9'ish and just wants people to F'off. The social 8 is more like a 2, and rallies support to fight against their oppressors, hence why my bosses all think I had an "us vs them" mentality. Anytime my boss would get on my case I'd start making a lot of friends to counterbalance the oppression done to me. This can look 6'ish because of the "I need support" but it should really be interpreted as "Be on my team or else I'll get angry at you."

@lungs... what are you raving about? Did I not mention I'm a superhero? (doublechecks... yes I did)
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-13-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ok I fixed my hair. it looks good now.

by the way, social 8's are known to be a "knight in shining armor" and often confused with counterphobic six.
    You're full of shit you cunt, you spew those type descriptions and fit them on purpose. I don't even know why one one on here borrows you his/her time. Only speak you know is nonsense so feed them your gmma/beta/alpha brethren and not delta. This land is secured by 50,000 volts so fuck off unless you want to be lobotomised.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prepare for quotage:

although I'm not sure what overwelming due to incontinence means, sounds like something from dante's inferno...

Here's another one:

As for being a night in shining armor, that was implied, but I've seen it written in a forum post right here:

In a nutshell, the SX 8 is the one we all think of most often. Angry, impulsive power hungry blah blah. The SP 8 i s more 8w9'ish and just wants people to F'off. The social 8 is more like a 2, and rallies support to fight against their oppressors, hence why my bosses all think I had an "us vs them" mentality. Anytime my boss would get on my case I'd start making a lot of friends to counterbalance the oppression done to me. This can look 6'ish because of the "I need support" but it should really be interpreted as "Be on my team or else I'll get angry at you."

@lungs... what are you raving about? Did I not mention I'm a superhero? (doublechecks... yes I did)
    I'm going to start approaching you the way I approach Marista:
    You big "raving" man, you. Such a powerful mentality, and strong intelluctual streak, and hair that floooows in the wind. It all screams at us of your extreme masculinity. men are jealous of you, women want to be with you. Everyone trembles around DJ Arendee. No one is safe from his wrath or his charm.

I know quite a few E8s IRL, NONE OF THEM WOULD SAY ANY OF THIS SHIT YOU DO. they're too into doing their own thing to care about of any of things you mention that "points" to you being E8, it jus ain happenin.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I'm going to start approaching you the way I approach Marista:
    You big "raving" man, you. Such a powerful mentality, and strong intelluctual streak, and hair that floooows in the wind. It all screams at us of your extreme masculinity. men are jealous of you, women want to be with you. Everyone trembles around DJ Arendee. No one is safe from his wrath.
    lmfao

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@blackburry...
    oh, well you certainly do put up a good argument.

And don't be jealous of the hair... if only you understood how good it looks right now.

...If only she understood.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

prepare for quotage:

Here's another one:

Everything you said here can be explained by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias. Come to think of it a lot of things you've said on this thread are good examples of confirmation bias.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel comfortable declaring him a LIE. I bet he is an E7 wing 8 so/??

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so how am I supposed to disprove that this isn't a confirmation bias? Everyone seems to think I'm a CP6 while I fight for 8. Suddenly I find an article that says, "They are 8's that are often confused to be CP6's," and that makes my logic a fallacy? I call it a wonderful coincidence. haha this thread is getting ridiculous.

I think some people are just bothered that E8 was the first thing I put at the top of my ME list, which somehow makes me look conceited or something, so everyone has to punch holes in that argument immediately. I put it at the top of the list for organizational purposes. It was one of the largest and easiest generalizations to get people to understand what kind of person I am. But everyone took it as some sort of show of force.... which makes everyone harden up their opinion and not want it to be true even if it is, which makes everyone fight me to the death on it no matter how many quotes I give you. I'm not trying to be an asshole about this but I think my "debate" style tends to make people close minded. Something about my tact.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-14-2012 at 02:24 AM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok so how am I supposed to disprove that this isn't a confirmation bias? Everyone seems to think I'm a CP6 while I fight for 8. Suddenly I find an article that says, "They are 8's that are often confused to be CP6's," and that makes my logic a fallacy? I call it a wonderful coincidence. haha this thread is getting ridiculous. I'm about to enter the enneagram 5 realm where existence itself no longer exists if I start arguing over this.
    I guess being open to alternative opinions? Not necessarily accepting them, but not rejecting them either. This also applies at your insistence on being LIE while most other opinions lie elsewhere.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I don't feel very insistent on LIE. I mean, I'm playing devil's advocate, a lot, but I'm really not that set on LIE. But after talking with @thePirate and spending almost an entire day talking about it with everyone I'm getting more and more confident that that's the one. Frankly it doesn't feel like a comfortable fit, but the logic all seems to make sense. I'm dynamic, pseudo aggressor, vortical synergetic, and a buncha other things. I just fail to match a lot of the mannerisms and stereotypes of an LIE.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-14-2012 at 02:38 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so how am I supposed to disprove that this isn't a confirmation bias? Everyone seems to think I'm a CP6 while I fight for 8. Suddenly I find an article that says, "They are 8's that are often confused to be CP6's," and that makes my logic a fallacy? I call it a wonderful coincidence. haha this thread is getting ridiculous.
    Unfortunately for you there are even more 6 descriptions saying that cp6s can be easily mistaken for 8s.

I think some people are just bothered that E8 was the first thing I put at the top of my ME list, which somehow makes me look conceited or something, so everyone has to punch holes in that argument immediately. I put it at the top of the list for organizational purposes. It was one of the largest and easiest generalizations to get people to understand what kind of person I am. But everyone took it as some sort of show of force.... which makes everyone harden up their opinion and not want it to be true even if it is, which makes everyone fight me to the death on it no matter how many quotes I give you. I'm not trying to be an asshole about this but I think my "debate" style tends to make people close minded. Something about my tact.
    Well maybe you will have to take a different approach to being understood.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Well maybe you will have to take a different approach to being understood.
    Neither introspection nor dialogue have rendered satisfactorily conclusive results so I suggest he explores what fruits an opposite tack might bear, i.e. forgetting about it and shutting the fuck up.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) STOP PUTTING MADE UP MOTIVES ON TO PEOPLE
    B) YOU HAVE NO TACT.
    C) I FIND YOU EXTREMELY FUCKING ANNOYING
    D) I'M NOT SAYING YOU CAN'T BE 8 JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE YOU OR AS YOU TAKE IT "THINK YOU ARE CONCEITED"
    I THINK YOU'RE NOT AN 8 JUST BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE NOT AN 8.
    E) I THINK YOU HAVE ISSUES AND YOU THINK YOU ARE A TOTAL MISUNDERSTOOD BADASS
    F) I'M NOT SAYING THAT ALL 8S ARE BADASS BUT EVEN MY ESTJ E8 SISTER IS, SO THERE'S A COMMON THEME WITH THAT, YOU just simply TRY TOO HARD. and it's transparent and gross.
    G) goddamn

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Neither introspection nor dialogue have rendered satisfactorily conclusive results so I suggest he explores what fruits an opposite tack might bear, i.e. forgetting about it and shutting the fuck up.
    This is productive, and I would mirror your sentiment by saying that DJ is a "very lively fellow" and "has some issues with masculinity," both if which will need to be set aside in order for any progress to be made.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, by the way you annoy the ISFjs, you must be either their supervisor or conflictor (*)

(*)not being serious
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's just mad she aint gettin none.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's just mad she aint gettin none.
    and you continue to plaster false assumptions yet again on anyone. child please.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't you be busy checking out photos of my hair?

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not 8.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lul wtf

carrot top is terribly ugly

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs I almost cried I laughed so hard when I scrolled down.

how did he get to be known by the public anyhow?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello i am now posting in this thread

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    @lungs I almost cried I laughed so hard when I scrolled down.

how did he get to be known by the public anyhow?
    i was wondering about that when i was looking through the pictures. there has to be some kind of catch. an influential family member or something.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i was wondering about that when i was looking through the pictures. there has to be some kind of catch. an influential family member or something.
    He's kinda a joke, yes, or rather is made fun of often but people who've actually seen his material generally consider him a very talented prop comic.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    He's kinda a joke, yes, or rather is made fun of often but people who've actually seen his material generally consider him a very talented prop comic.
    i've never seen him do stand up, my only experience actually seeing him in action was when i was like 13 my brother and dad rented one of his movies and i heard all the laughter coming from the living room and sat down to watch and something about his face on the screen made me literally pissed off and annoyed and i made some bratty teenage remark and stormed out. i guess there's a market though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i've never seen him do stand up, my only experience actually seeing him in action was when i was like 13 my brother and dad rented one of his movies and i heard all the laughter coming from the living room and sat down to watch and something about his face on the screen made me literally pissed off and annoyed and i made some bratty teenage remark and stormed out. i guess there's a market though.
    LOL! Yeah, I haven't seen any of his stuff either, I just don't know any one who has seen it and didn't like it. Including my parents who I thought for sure wouldn't enjoy seeing him perform.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i've seen some of his work on comedy central...don't remember, but I think he bombed.

Might have had one or two jokes that were funny but in general in the back of my mind im left with the impression that hes very unfunny and rather corny comic.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ! I am glad you are in Colorodo. It seemed to me that you should be away from your family while you find your place in the world. Getting started is always hard. Its darkest before the dawn. When your work takes off you will be glad for the contrast of this time and then. "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof". Its really true.

I hope you find out your type. Socionics is the best. It is much better researched than Briggs-Meyers.

On this site, Maritsa Darmandzhyan is very knowledgeable and it would be interesting to know what she thinks you are.

Also I have a couple of suggestions for discovering your type. This site has such good resources.

One is using the intertype relations chart, here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...elations-Chart

Use a strong relation in your life, like a sibling or a parent, and the look up ENTJ or ESTP or ISTP or whatever in relations to that type, and see which one of those relations really describves the relation you have with that person.

If one stands out to you, say it was the ENTJ, then look at other relationship types also with ENTJ, and if you keep hitting it right then its likely thats what you are.

The other thing is on WIkisocion, read about Model A and read about the types you think you are, such as ENTJ, and ther on Wikisocion you can read where the 8 functions fall on Model A, and how each function manifests itself in that type. Its interesting to look at your vulnerable function there, too. I think if you study the Model A layout for the types you think you are, its hard to go wrong.

I cannot believe some people here think you are ENFp (IEE). You are definitely not that. That's what I am and you are not like me. And you would stick out like a sore thumb on the PerC ENFP forum (even though a great deal of those on that forum are not ENFPs, but ESFPs or other, IMO). (and you are definately not ESFP).

I also would not be surprised if you are not a ISTp (SLI) since that what the man I love is and I feel I know that type so well and I am not seeing a correlation. (Unless you are a subtype Te and he is a SI and that explains the difference)

Also intersting, if you have not already seen this, is the hidden agendas:
    ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    INTp, ISTp => to love

I do see how mine is "to know" and my ISTp's is "to love". Does "to be wealthy" sound like it could be you?

My brother-in-law is ESTP, and he is "to be loved" and knowing him well, especially because his wife is my freind, I really see that manifestation of that need to be loved (and really bad for him is that he is in a Conflicting relationship, not a great place to find love! for either of them...). An artist freind of mine who I worked closely with recently is ESTP, and I think my son is, too. All three seem a bit less intense than you, not one of them I can get interested in personality typing, not in the least. So I would not be surprised if that was not your type either. Could be Enneagram difference though. I just don't know.

Finally I recommend asking for the always reliable help of St. Anthony of Padua. People ask him for help with lost things (and your type is lost!) and he pulls through every time. On earth he was an amazing man with an amazing mind, and generous, and he is still generous as he has spend generations helping people find all manner of lost things. Just ask him to find it for you. He will help you.

"St. Anthony, St., Anthony, please come around; something is lost and can't be found. St. Anthony, please help me find ___."

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The above post makes points so different from the points of views I hold and am used to in other people it looks like satire.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    DJ! I am glad you are in Colorodo. It seemed to me that you should be away from your family while you find your place in the world. Getting started is always hard. Its darkest before the dawn. When your work takes off you will be glad for the contrast of this time and then. "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof". Its really true.

I hope you find out your type. Socionics is the best. It is much better researched than Briggs-Meyers.

On this site, Maritsa Darmandzhyan is very knowledgeable and it would be interesting to know what she thinks you are.

Also I have a couple of suggestions for discovering your type. This site has such good resources.

One is using the intertype relations chart, here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...elations-Chart

Use a strong relation in your life, like a sibling or a parent, and the look up ENTJ or ESTP or ISTP or whatever in relations to that type, and see which one of those relations really describves the relation you have with that person.

If one stands out to you, say it was the ENTJ, then look at other relationship types also with ENTJ, and if you keep hitting it right then its likely thats what you are.

The other thing is on WIkisocion, read about Model A and read about the types you think you are, such as ENTJ, and ther on Wikisocion you can read where the 8 functions fall on Model A, and how each function manifests itself in that type. Its interesting to look at your vulnerable function there, too. I think if you study the Model A layout for the types you think you are, its hard to go wrong.

I cannot believe some people here think you are ENFp (IEE). You are definitely not that. That's what I am and you are not like me. And you would stick out like a sore thumb on the PerC ENFP forum (even though a great deal of those on that forum are not ENFPs, but ESFPs or other, IMO). (and you are definately not ESFP).

I also would not be surprised if you are not a ISTp (SLI) since that what the man I love is and I feel I know that type so well and I am not seeing a correlation. (Unless you are a subtype Te and he is a SI and that explains the difference)

Also intersting, if you have not already seen this, is the hidden agendas:
    ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    INTp, ISTp => to love

I do see how mine is "to know" and my ISTp's is "to love". Does "to be wealthy" sound like it could be you?

My brother-in-law is ESTP, and he is "to be loved" and knowing him well, especially because his wife is my freind, I really see that manifestation of that need to be loved (and really bad for him is that he is in a Conflicting relationship, not a great place to find love! for either of them...). An artist freind of mine who I worked closely with recently is ESTP, and I think my son is, too. All three seem a bit less intense than you, not one of them I can get interested in personality typing, not in the least. So I would not be surprised if that was not your type either. Could be Enneagram difference though. I just don't know.

Finally I recommend asking for the always reliable help of St. Anthony of Padua. People ask him for help with lost things (and your type is lost!) and he pulls through every time. On earth he was an amazing man with an amazing mind, and generous, and he is still generous as he has spend generations helping people find all manner of lost things. Just ask him to find it for you. He will help you.

"St. Anthony, St., Anthony, please come around; something is lost and can't be found. St. Anthony, please help me find ___."
    HORSE SHIT...

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy has no luv feelings for you. You no SLI.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast