Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    yes. my declarations of "I hate brown" and "i like math and science" are objective observations of my past behaviors and subjects I've done most well in. I don' t know what's so hard for you to understand.
    The fact that you find hard to grasp anything theoretical. Stay in gamma and do not move a muscle.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

However the things i cannot tell you are internal things, "I react this way when someone does this to me because it makes me feel X." or "I view the world through a lense that I shape according to X." I can't tell you things like that because I don't know what's going on inside.
    fwiw i get frustrated when i'm expected to come up with stuff like that and ive thought of it as weak ne.

honestly the only things that keep me entertaining entj are your demeanor on cam and other peoples typings of you. estp isn't perfect either but i'm feeling that more.

i can't really be bothered to pick that apart into reasons. you seem kind of immature, like you feel sorry for yourself a lot and blame other people for your problems. it rubs me the wrong way. so i'm biased. i kind of feel for your mom, she wants you to take care of yourself with a job and you make her out to be the enemy. stereotypically her response wouldn't be so unusual for an isfj.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i wasn't typing her.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-05-2012 at 03:52 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking, discussing with parents about career perspectives is a really bad idea.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you said her response wouldn't be so unusual for an ISFj. It sounded to me like you were implying she was an ISFj, or saying something out of butthurt because you're still pissed that I said I'm not attracted to you and you know I love ISFj's. Who cares if I rub you the wrong way, keep it to yourself.
    all you said is that i looked like the type of girls that pursue you but you don't respond, and that i look like a "thinker." i inferred that this meant you weren't attracted to me since you idealize isfjs so much, and it looks like i was right about that. i'm not attracted to you either and it could be relevant to your type because its more about personality. look, i'm not trying to get you to face your own flaws cuz you're obviously not the type to do that very quickly and especially not cuz some random on the internet pointed them out. i just brought them up cuz, well, i CAN, and because maybe my perception of you matters for typing.

ftr you responding like this isn't making me feel inclined to keep my opinions of you to myself.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Absurd... wot? coming from you its hard to tell if that's sarcasm or not.
    Coming from me it is hard to tell whether I'm going to bust your teeth in or not. And stay in gamma. You have your identical right there, replying to you and your dual.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you seem kind of immature, like you feel sorry for yourself a lot and blame other people for your problems. it rubs me the wrong way. so i'm biased. i kind of feel for your mom, she wants you to take care of yourself with a job and you make her out to be the enemy. stereotypically her response wouldn't be so unusual for an isfj.
    I kind of agree with this. If I remember correctly, you're recently out of the military, DJ, yes? I think you're still trying to find your "place" and this is causing you to have kind of distorted self-awareness in a way.

That's another reason I previously mentioned your post regarding your family. I don't think that they are trying to bring you down, I think that they're trying to help you see things from a more realistic perspective. You met a billionaire at a nightclub and instantly exploded with enthusiasm. That's great. It could make for a great opportunity. But if I were your mom, I would say the same thing: proceed with caution. Have a backup plan. Meeting a billionaire doesn't necessarily mean anything, so it would be wise to have something going just in case.

I like to voice my thoughts with people. I'm an extrovert, its what I do. I tell them "I think I might be an ENTJ and here's why, what do you think?" And then I'll get some tirade on why I'm constantly seeking validation or whatever. I talk about how I found a method to make 20k per month and ask my brother, "what do you think of this idea?" and he'll tell me something else like, "figure it out for yourself" or whatever.

I'm a middle child, and middle children are known to be attention starved validation seekers. I wonder if this has something to do with it. If it does, I'm not even aware I'm doing it. They tell me I need to think for myself which just makes me angry because I don't like making mistakes, and often times don't have the experience they have with what I'm talking about. Its like my approach is wrong or something.
    Of course you seek validation, and it seems your family is your primary support method, they are where you get your sense of security from. When they down your ideas, how do you then approach them? What happened with the nightclub billionaire? Are you still in touch with him/going to pursue that? What about that plan to make $20k/month, how is that working out right now?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, yes, yes.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------------
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do you know you're on a socionics forum?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we don't need to mention the family anymore then. I was trying to point out that, if you don't want to be seriously fucked over, it's best to take in multiple perspectives, have back-up plans, etc. What's that saying - "hope for the best, expect the worst." I'm all for your optimism, just don't let it get in the way of reality.

FTR, I highly doubt you're LIE.
    Last edited by Roro; 07-04-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My favourite subject is: Real.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ftr I didn't meet him at a nightclub, I met him at a real estate club. We talked on the phone 2 days ago, he gave me criteria on where to search for properties. I am now essentially working for him. The 20k per month hasn't happened yet, that is a goal that I aim for in the next 5 months. I no longer talk to my family, at least not until my first goal of 1 sale is achieved or I feel like their negativity isn't going to ruin any necessary motivation I have and need to get this thing kicked off the ground.

Blaming everyone else for my problems? When I'm happy as can be for the first time in my life and going after my dreams and my family gets on my case for everything, and my best friends support me 100%. What is there for me to change? I've been changing myself to meet their demands for the last 20 years and its only made me act depressed, sheltered, needy and childish. We're done talking about my family because this is pissing me the fuck off. You guys don't know me or my family well enough to make those kind of judgements or take sides.
    > wa wa waaaa i don't wanna be a 6 waaa cue bratty ungrateful entitlement complex guys i'm gonna be sooo rich and you'll be sooo jealous of all my money that i'm gonna get for practically achieving nothing in life TOUGH GUY POSE sleazy remark towards member of opposite sex except when they don't pay attention to you then WHOOPS i'm way too cool for you and you obviously resent me because i think ur ugly boohoo PAY ATTENTION TO MY STRAIGHT GUY ANTICSSS i don't understand what you're saying so i'm going to pretend like i'm too cool for you booyah ur all losers with no lives lolz COMPENSATION FOR INSECURITTTYY god i love myself but i hate narcissists let me say that again i hate narcissists DO I LOOK TOUGH YET 8 8 8 8 8

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought BnD wrote that first but nice touch, indeed.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------------------

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Absurd... I never know anything it is you're saying or in what context.
    I have sublime morning coffee never walked socionics I've been there milk yes yes yes my parerents are, thank you delicous, Christmas obnoxious.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wait till Radio blesses you with his gay talk, you're going to wish you were Delta.

@Absurd... I never know anything it is you're saying or in what context. You really need to use complete sentences with proper subjects and predicates.
    Editing your posts like crazie rat won't bring you far at all, I can death you no matter how many of yous are there inside and I really do not know what complete sentences are nor, what the fuck, predicates. Is that even English language? For fucks sake, I can't pronounce that.

Okay, I delegate you to the Mountain Dew/Snaps Department, officially. No matter what quadra - not delta.
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it. You're officially ignored due to incomprehensible gibberish.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Radio... I'm sorry if you feel left out in all of this excitement. But I think you pretty much nailed it on the head there.
    lol now i feel bad, i'm sorry for being mean-spirited.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get it. You're officially ignored due to incomprehensible gibberish.
    Ignore me permanently like Maritsa over 7 or 9 times.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you just say I'm not sexy? pfff.

yeah I've considered E7. They're too scared of being unhappy. I've been unhappy for a good 20 years of my life. They're also scared that they won't have any successful talents in the world that make them useful because they're spread too thin. This is not a problem I have, although before I got into real estate I was 24 years old wondering wtf I should do with my life, but now that I found my niche I feel rather content.

ps: the typewatch people think no one is an 8 until proven otherwise, and get seemingly upset, belligerent even, when someone suggests they're an 8 but aren't really sure themselves. That was my complaint. I sense some kind of insecurity from most of their posts which makes me further believe they're full of shit.
    I see you made this up..
    No offense but...it sounds like you're describing yourself...you come off..a little insecure/unsure,
    maybe that's the vibe people are getting from you? e8s...I've never met or read an e8 that
    comes off as either of the above...even when they're vulnurable they're not insecure or unsure of themselves and never put their eggs all in one basket.
    that's what makes them sexy. esp to an e6 like myself. But stick with ur guns. whatevs. Sry you felt attacked by ppl...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also unaware of my gut IN THE MOMENT. So if something shady is going on, I won't realize it until I sit down and my gut feelings start to surface. I have a habit of ignoring my gut intuitions, even though they're very frequently correct. Personally I would attribute this to the fact that my INTp brother and mother are completely full of shit in almost everything they say and I absolutely don't want to be like them. (Ni doms) So I ignore my Ni a lot.
    I'm gonna start being a judgemental prick like they are and voice my first intuition for now on, and see where that leads me.
    dude, being an instinct E precisely means you follow your gut. you feel it, can't ignore it. it drives you for better or worse.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------------

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression... I think you seem Te and Se valuing... and irrational. I'm wondering about ILI in a way. I can't tell if the things that sound like strong Se are more of a super-id thing or not.

The thing about Te is that it's a dynamic IME. And I kind of suspect the things about yourself in this thread you're saying are Te, are Te.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    My impression... I think you seem Te and Se valuing... and irrational. I'm wondering about ILI in a way. I can't tell if the things that sound like strong Se are more of a super-id thing or not.

The thing about Te is that it's a dynamic IME. And I kind of suspect the things about yourself in this thread you're saying are Te, are Te.
    an ILI who chases risky endeavors and considers it mean and dream crushing when people try to bring him to earth? if irrational gamma, I could more easily see SEE.

super id Se is the most convincing argument for me to consider LIE though. I could very easily see Se HA.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, what did you do in the military? I'd love to hear about it if you want to mention it. I've been considering joining the Air Force as an officer, if they will take an electrical engineer. I've been reading up a lot on the problems associated with the military in general and each branch and I'd love to hear anything you have to say about it. It might even be relevant to your thread.
    good bye

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    an ILI who chases risky endeavors and considers it mean and dream crushing when people try to bring him to earth? if irrational gamma, I could more easily see SEE.

super id Se is the most convincing argument for me to consider LIE though. I could very easily see Se HA.
    I was wondering about SEE as well. I think from my point of view with my idea of Se DS is that when one is motivated they can accomplish a lot and do a lot and perhaps also during such times see themselves more like (imagine they are more like) and appear sometimes more like Se dominants (I mean I wouldn't say this would be universal or something but maybe one way Se DS can express itself).

I don't know enough about the "risky endeavors" to know how actually risky or not risky they are or what was done as a back up plan... but I wouldn't in my mind see Se DS as being incapable of just throwing itself into risk in certain cases... why matters more than what.

Anyway, there are other types like Beta types I wonder about as well.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so I thought about some things. I'm just really lonely. That's why I look toward my family, etc. But they don't want to talk about anything going on in my life. They don't want to talk about psychology. They don't like any of my music. They think I talk about video games too much. They think I talk about money and business too much. They think I talk about socionics and mbti too much. No one wants to listen. It may just be a reciprocal thing because I find NOTHING in their life interesting, that's why I moved to colorado.

Any insecurity right now is because I come to this forum to talk to people but am unprepared to deal with the harsh criticality that I'm actually asking people to give me.

I'm unemployed, trying to start a business in a state where I only have 4 friends who get off after 11pm. I'm lonely and depressed. I say we just leave it at that and stop talking about how insecure I am because this really isn't what I'm looking for at the moment. In fact there's no point in starting this topic because... we all know my mind isn't going to change. I guess I'm just starting conversation and the topic happens to be about me or something. go me.
    Unfortunately, this is not an empathetic or encouraging place much anymore unless you already have established social relationships with some of the regular forum members. You are likely to get just what you got: bitched at. A lot of people here I think are in a similar boat as you but aren't able to see how people are often doing the best they can given their resources/upbringing/etc... They suffer but don't have much empathy. It might be beneficial to block some people or attempt not to get emotional over some of the things said here.

I'm sorry that you feel lonely and depressed. It sounds like you are doing better than you used to and that you are heading in a good direction so thats good. You just have to play the waiting game, which sucks, but as long as you keep the end goal in sight you will do okay. Sounds like maybe you just need to work on making so more friends and making sure you get out of the house and stuff. You might like the chatbox or tinychat better because it is a bit more social and its easier to really get to know members better.

As for your type, my guess is Gamma Extrovert with a chance of ESI.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE 8 sounds good to me. Te subtype, 7 wing.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not an empathetic or encouraging place much anymore unless you already have established social relationships with some of the regular forum members. You are likely to get just what you got: bitched at.
    in order for this to be true it would mean that everybody who doesn't have an "established social relationship" gets bitched at. its just false. nice of you to take pity on him and all but you don't have to get on a high horse to do so. my opinion about him is as valid as yours. maybe you don't realize your attempts at "empathizing" tend to fall flat because you sound so proud of yourself while you're doing it. its like its more for yourself than for the other person.

and why should everyone be empathetic and encouraging towards everybody? go away.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wow you really are a cunt.
    cry about it.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Already did.
    of course you did. maybe you can make a blog entry about it.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Okay, I delegate you to the Mountain Dew/Snaps Department, officially.
    Hm, I was thinking the same. I just don't know if this is only influenced by superficial impressions or if it actually makes sense.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast