TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the original post- and typing DJ...

My bet would be on ESTp, Type 7w6.

The "TONIGHT, WE RIDE!" and as Ashton put it, the superhero persona all fit the ESTp mold from the many ESTp's I've known.

Usually the most 'swaggartly' types, the one's that are fun to chuck back beers with, as well as generally entertaining people/good sales instincts, etc. etc. All of these things seem to fit your personality to me, or at least your online personality from what I can see.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahaha
    yea I already said ESTp 7.
    advice: don't ask anyone on this forum to type you. that is, unless you are a masochist who enjoys being annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    IMHO, non-socionics explanations probably do a better job of describing DJ's current state of mind, which obfuscates his real sociotype.
    IMO, sociotypes are not capable of describing most people distinctly, correctly, and comprehensively.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 07-07-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    hahahahaha
    yea I already said ESTp 7.
    advice: don't ask anyone on this forum to type you. that is, unless you are a masochist who enjoys being annoyed.

IMO, sociotypes are not capable of describing most people distinctly, correctly, and comprehensively.
    Then...why are you on a socionics forum? No one should take the shit personal. But then again making personal attacks on say someones look for absolutely no reason makes it fair game for anyone else to say what they think of someone.....harsh or not.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Then...why are you on a socionics forum?
    Why not?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Since its such a popular topic of discussion I decided to make a type me thread. While I think I'm an ENTj, I'm still curious to hear what you think.

Here are a bunch of random words and bullets that describe me:

-Enneagram 8
    -adventurous: I've gone on expeditions, hiking trips, I LOVE the outdoors.
    -persistent
    -eye on the prize: if anything gets in my way its usually ignored, jumped over, or thrust aside if it interferes with my goals.
    -Aggressive: I CAN BE very aggressive. but this is usually only in a competitive setting where I turn into satan, or if someone backs me into a corner.
    -man-child: I look very easy to pick on and was often bullied as a kid, innocent and naive up until you give me no choice but to retaliate. When I do you will usually end up publicly humiliated and belittled and speechless because I'm not afraid to make a public spectacle out of you should the need arise.

-My ideal relationship would be like something from avatar, where I meet some hot chick with awesome abilities, who is equal to me and I don't have to take care of her or "save her".
    -I tend to aggressively tease people who are too nice in an attempt to get them to fight back. People who fight back make me laugh and I'll love them for it.
    for example: in the navy, this guy walks into the office and asks,
    possible entj: do I sit here?
    me: I'm going to need you to sit on the floor, please.
    possible entj: ... I'm going to give you a minute to think of something else clever to say
    me: *big smile, laughing inside, probably blushing*

-Family constantly tears down my ego because they think they're helping, which is probably why I'm so depressed all the time.
    -Very insensitive
    -Very emotional inside
    -I cannot hide my moods
    -Low libido, only attracted to women I have a deep connection with.
    -Can be clumsy and forgetful if I have a lot of tasks on my mind at once. I forget deadlines constantly.
    -I need to know what I'm getting into before I get into it.
    -I daydream constantly
    -I become the center of attention if I have a party trick I know will please the audience.
    -Excellent hand-eye coordination and reflexes, but lack grace and my movements can sometimes be clunky (I'm a little rusty and haven't practiced in a while so its possible this is the reason). Friends think I'm a ninja.
    -Gymnast, black belt
    -music writer, science fiction writer, programmer, hl2 map maker, piano player, flute player, professional hand farter, renaissance man.
    -lots and lots of video games but very athletic and active.
    -I view life as a series of stepping stone goals, one after another. Getting to those goals is a rough trudge through molasses if too many things get in my way. I have enormous ambitions of wealth and success.
    -I view myself as a super hero, a white knight. I don't show it much because I look egocentric and that turns people off, but when the need arises I swoop in and help people. On a hiking trip, my brother slipped and got stuck on the side of a cliff once, stuck on a fallen tree. He cried for help and his mouth was full of blood. Like spiderman swinging from thread to thread, I flew down the 60 degree cliff face from tree to tree. Tied a rope around him and saved him. His life suddenly took absolute precedence over my own. I had zero fear of falling when I normally would have.
    -Often times I don't realize I've been insulted until moments after its too late to react.
    -I enjoy intellectual debate but find it rare to meet someone who is interested as I am in reaching mutual truth rather than arguing who is right and wrong.
    -Forgetful. my lunch will travel with me around the house sometimes: hot dogs left on the engine block of my car, ketchup bottle left on the computer tower, mountain dew left in the bathroom.
    -very goofy, I take almost nothing seriously except things that actually effect someone's life, or relationship matters. I got a lot of flack for this when in the military. Imagine Jim Carey in the military, constantly being told he's disrespectful to the uniform and doesn't take it seriously enough.
    -obsessed with fluorescent colors, bioluminences, black lights, strobe lights you name it.
    -most of my explanations for my conclusions are rationalizations to make it look like it was well thought out. I'm usually right but no one wants to give me a chance to prove it.
    -I've been told I'm "too clever." Often times my facebook status will be a joke, then someone will come in and try to make a joke that's not as funny, then I'll make a joke off of their joke that ups theirs. I'm starting to feel like this doesn't help with the friends department.
    -I love extreme sports, motorcycles, etc.
    -I Love aesthetics
    -Most of the women who approach me in my life are IXFX's.
    -I'm outgoing and love talking, but it might take a little bit for me to observe whether or not you'll hate me for my over the top, goofy sense of humor.
    -Favorite subjects: math and science, I used to hate history but its growing on me. I hate black and white videos and brown pictures.
    -I hate the color brown so hard. I fucking hate it. Omg it just sucks so hard.
    -I love colorful futuristic settings and science fiction fantasy like mass effect, and artists like gary tonge.
    -I'm a jock/nerd and I have no problem talking about the multiverse or whatever the fuck.

Some celebrities or fictional characters I adore and aspire to be like, or sometimes act like:
    Calvin harris (I act and look like him)

Chris Evans (starred in captain america, fantastic four and scott pilgrim vs the world: I act like him)

Nathan Drake (from the uncharted series)

Michael Ironside (freaking love this guy. I act like him if I'm in a crisis situation or when I'm playing paintball. I get dead serious. Idunno if I look like him but he's my hero.)

So what do you think?
    You've got different personalities

And definitely not ILE.
    Last edited by Spiro; 07-07-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I'm thinking of DJA as 6w7 atm. Not sure stacking; maybe so/sx? I feel more confident about his enneatype than his sociotype at this point.
    And I'm the opposite... more confident in his sociotype but still have the jury out on his enneatype, so my 7w6 isn't 100% founded, just current gut-feel.

My guess is 6w7 or 7w6, but a few more chats might solidify me one way or the other.

He does remind me strongly of many ESTp's I've known and also do not associate many of his mannerisms with LIE (avatar, slogans, manners, communication style, etc. etc.). He has a lot more Se, IMO.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    And I'm the opposite... more confident in his sociotype but still have the jury out on his enneatype, so my 7w6 isn't 100% founded, just current gut-feel.

My guess is 6w7 or 7w6, but a few more chats might solidify me one way or the other.

He does remind me strongly of many ESTp's I've known and also do not associate many of his mannerisms with LIE (avatar, slogans, manners, communication style, etc. etc.). He has a lot more Se, IMO.
    My guess is ESTP sx 7 rest i'm not sure of.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Finale and jet are right on this one. Reading through this thread, it seemed like lungs and blackburry (both ESIs) were supervising DJ who could very well be an SLE. That was his original typing as well and I'm not sure why he changed it out of the blue. I also think 7w6 makes the most sense from reading about his personality traits in the original post. I'm not sure about his instinctual stacking though.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict that once he has laid down his neurotic persona, he will turn out to be a typical IEE. Unfortunatly, this usually doesn't happen until midlife crisis...
    Last edited by consentingadult; 07-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how DJ Arendee could be a type with feeling as PoLR...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't see how DJ Arendee could be a type with feeling as PoLR...
    I can see why you'd think that because you probably see him as overly emotional, but I don't think that has anything to do with with or PoLR. If that's not your reasoning then perhaps you can provide an adequate explanation to support that statement.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I can see why you'd think that because you probably see him as overly emotional, but I don't think that has anything to do with with or PoLR. If that's not your reasoning then perhaps you can provide an adequate explanation to support that statement.
    Well, perhaps:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post847689

And some more:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post885990

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post885998

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post886243
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You bring up sound arguments in those links. I won't deny the possibility of IEE, but I don't know him as well as you do to make any conclusions.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    You bring up sound arguments in those links. I won't deny the possibility of IEE, but I don't know him as well as you do to make any conclusions.
    Visit his Youtube channel and view his videos, to me, it's as obvious as can be:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EJArendee

You just have to filter out the make believe he's trying to sell.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, i'm withdrawing my earlier remarks having seen a video or two. this doesn't match up with the pictures i was considering.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Visit his Youtube channel and view his videos, to me, it's as obvious as can be:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EJArendee

You just have to filter out the make believe he's trying to sell.
    I just saw one of his videos:

I'm not sure what to make of the video in terms of typing him because it's difficult to determine whether's he's demonstrating his authentic personality or not. However, I found the majority of the youtube comments interesting in that people who didn't even know him from the forum (MBTI followers) stated that he wasn't an ENTJ, but most likely an ESTP or an ISTP.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Te 8 twinsies 4ever
    Hmm, okay, that was funny

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, so there are videos. Now I'm interested. DJ seems to me like an ILE who shows off some Se role. I know I few of those. Interesting videos btw, thanks!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    oh, so there are videos. Now I'm interested. DJ seems to me like an ILE who shows off some Se role. I know I few of those. Interesting videos btw, thanks!
    My point exactly: lots of Se-role. I feel sorry for him.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, like I said no gamma-beta-alphas in Delta, I've got a good nose.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point exactly: lots of Se-role. I feel sorry for him.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure of Ne base/ Se role. Definitely not Se ego. ILE or maybe IEE. Videos change everything.

But I understand. I can show off lots of Ni role also.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Videos change everything...
    That's why I never go by how people describe themselves. Self-concept often is a delusion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...I'd say ILE, SLI are top of my list for DJ. LIE isn't a ridiculous proposition but I'm not sure its what I would pick for him.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could maybe see dj as SLE-Ti 6w5. ILE seems to make more sense superficially but for some reason I can't buy it fully.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-concept is a delusion, so let condescendingadult with his all-knowing paternalism tell you who you are instead.
    What is actually your problem, Ashton? Come on, tell us.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is actually your problem, Ashton? Come on, tell us.
    He's in love with you, I can tell.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Azure Flame; 07-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this dude an IEI? He says hes MBTI INFJ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZmCJ...eature=related[/QUOTE]

Seems like an IEE / ENFp

EDIT: Seriously, MBTI is fucked up, the types are not consistent. It's a waste of time trying to compare these systems, it will just lead to a very complicated mess without an end.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mm, I typically see ESIs getting ISFP, ISTP, or INFP more often than I see them getting ISFJ.
    Cough, cough, cough.

Is this dude an IEI? He says hes MBTI INFJ

Seems like an IEE / ENFp

EDIT: Seriously, MBTI is fucked up, the types are not consistent. It's a waste of time trying to compare these systems, it will just lead to a very complicated mess without an end.
    Looks like Ashton's identical.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm?
    Well, I've noticed before: on this forum, obvious idiots have called me an idiot, obvious narcissist have blamed me for being a narcissist, obvious attention whores have accused me of being an attention whore. It's all projection.

So I wonder: I'm 46 years old, probably old enough to be your father. Perhaps I remind you too much of your father, and that is your problem, you little snotnose coward.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I wonder: I'm 46 years old, probably old enough to be your father. Perhaps I remind you too much of your father, and that is your problem, you little snotnose coward.
    I think this is where Slater comes in and quotes Darth Vader.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seeing alpha as well. i can't seem to see SLE really. i probably am wondering about ILE or ESE.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've noticed before: on this forum, obvious idiots have called me an idiot, obvious narcissist have blamed me for being a narcissist, obvious attention whores have accused me of being an attention whore. It's all projection.

Except you're just a condescending, self-inflated, immature prick, meaning that your age is worth fuck all.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Okay after watching one of DJ's videos, I'm deciding between SLE and ILE for his type. Imo PoLR seems highly possible, but what seems less clear is whether he's or dom and he could be a subtype so this could cause the confusion. Now I'll say that he's most likely a 7, but what is less apparent is his wing as 6 and 8 wing both seem plausible. I'm still uncertain about his instinctual stacking though.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton's dad is sorta badass cool, I think.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    Ashton's dad is sorta badass cool, I think.
    Which is probably why he has daddy issues.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast