1. The woman in the background is the one in control. Her hand is covering the mouth, she's the one staring at our intrusion into the picture, and she's hiding parts of herself behind the girl in the foreground. The girl in the foreground is entranced, eye's closed, yielding, and possibly submissive. The picture is clearly about her, but this causes the girl in the background to look at us. That contrast makes me think that the girl in the foreground is coveted by the background girl for the fact that she's submissive. That she's entranced by a girl who has ulterior motives, and i feel that is shown by the lack of reciprocity in their body language. The relationship between the two is a bad one, and the girl in the foreground either doesn't know or doesn't care. And that synthesis of "Doesn't Know/Doesn't Care" reminds me love, and relationships. As the most common attribute in failed relationships among the young, is an attitude Where they Dont Care to Know, or possibly Dont Know to Care?

All in all i feel it's about the pull of being wanted, how entrancing it is to find something that makes you feel valued, and to dwelve into that so whole heartedly you end up hurt because of a lack of restraint or a lack of experience.