Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha SF problems: I'm of no use!

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Don't believe the hype about Te. Ti can be just as effective in the same settings.

The way I use Ti, I learn a system so thoroughly until most ambiguity is removed and I understand it (and all its possible states) completely (--> then I get bored and move on, but that's the Ne talking). It's not efficient, but it gives a clearer picture. Te types would focus more on learning the useful details they needed.

Anyhow.. I think you're on the right track by looking for a specialization. Not only do you have less to learn, but you'll be a valuable expert in no time by getting a thorough knowledge of it.

You don't need to be valuable to the whole population or even half of it, just to a certain select group of people in your life!

And FYI, Te is one of the boringest things EVER! I just had the worst conversation of my life with a Te type who wouldn't stop listing the pros and cons in terms of efficiency of different software tools for a project I'm working on. I told him that I'd rather program my own tools from scratch to utilize my knowledge of the concepts, but he had a hard time understanding why I'd waste so much time.

He only cared about the end result and how to get there more quickly. And it wasn't even to go do something else that's more fun, which I'd totally be down for, but due to efficiency for its own sake. Fucking soulless automatons. J/k not really.
    There's a lot I can say about this, but in order to steer away from more ranty stuff...

Ti is just hot. I really want a Ti-machine in my room that I can occasionally cuddle.

ps- thanks for your input, it was really heartening!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    There's a lot I can say about this, but in order to steer away from more ranty stuff...

Ti is just hot. I really want a Ti-machine in my room that I can occasionally cuddle.
    hey, if you feel like ranting - rant! and we'll cheer you up
    you're in Alpha Quadra section the only place in the world () where ranting is allowed
    I'll keep telling you that I disagree if you complain that sth's out of reach, but not to make you feel like you can't say it out loud... it's meant to lift you up, not bring you down
    if you need to get sth out of your system, then do and then I'll tell you it's ok, tell you what worked for me, the Alpha NTs will give their solutions and say they love you and then we'll have a group hug, and I might even make an exception and bake some cookies

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. It was mostly that I was going to go into examples of Te gone all wonky, or Te's effect on me, but I decided that we probably already agreed on those examples without me naming them and also that I'm equally egregious sometimes with Si, so there was no need to talk about it in a public forum where there are Te-valuing people. But mostly I got lazy and wanted to envision the Ti-cuddle-machine...

I would totally eat your cookies, aisa!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is some vanity..and they also make beautiful
    art.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123