Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha SF problems: I'm of no use!

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    I'm baking a cake and eating cookies I baked yesterday. Still feeling useless. Cookies are of no use in, say, a zombie breakout.
    I never baked anything and I'm not useless. As for zombies toss that cake and cookies in their head. This way you're going to put your skills to good use.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cookies are of no use in, say, a zombie breakout.
    You could at least die first to buy time for the useful people to get away.

That's a valuable talent.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm baking a cake and eating cookies I baked yesterday. Still feeling useless. Cookies are of no use in, say, a zombie breakout.
    Your duals told you they have big brains? Bake some brain cake for the zombies to gain escape time and tell your duals you are sorry but you have to minimize the amount of people sacrificed while maximizing the quantity of the key ingredient.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as an SEI it's difficult not to feel useless. To top it off, many work situations in fields that SEI's don't suck at will have LSE's in positions of power.

Hmm, as an SEI I feel that part of the feeling of uselessness stems from a lack of autonomy. I often feel that I need an external source or guide to "help" me accomplish desires, etc, that others can easily do alone. This is a bitch because I'd much rather be an autonomous person. I also often have the sense that there are things I'd like to do, I just can't figure out how--it's not laziness, per se.

As for careers that SEI's "should" be good at:

I've noticed this trend in young writers that SLI's/ILI's will tend to do better than SEI's/IEI's, despite Fe-PolR in their writing--because they know better how to build their careers. I'd imagine that something similar goes on in the visual arts as well, particularly as a) a large segment of the contemporary art scene is digital/ conceptual (no particular advantage to being SEI there) and b) to be successful in such a field takes a lot of energy directed towards connection-making, self-promotion, etc etc.

SLI's tend to be better than SEI's at graphic design, I think. ESE's/LSE's will tend to be better at jobs such as interior design, styling, etc, etc, as those sorts of jobs take a certain degree of logistical adroitness combined with an ability to handle difficult clients. Although adept in personal kitchens, SEI's can be weak links in commercial kitchens, which run on a high-stress atmosphere (lots of yelling) and require maximum efficiency/precision.

As for academia (the other side of literature/the arts) EIE's/IEI's have an advantage because they're much more adept at manipulating ideas in their heads.

Anyway basically we're doomed.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

itt SEIs get patted in the back.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jung said all Ixxps are useless. Don't sweat it.

The two types [Introverted Sensation and Intuition] just depicted are almost inaccessible to external judgment. Because they are introverted and have in consequence a somewhat meagre capacity or willingness for expression, they offer but a frail handle for a telling criticism. Since their main activity is directed within, nothing is outwardly visible but reserve, secretiveness, lack of sympathy, or uncertainty, and an apparently groundless perplexity. When anything does come to the surface, it usually consists in indirect manifestations of inferior and relatively unconscious functions. Manifestations of such a nature naturally excite a certain environmental prejudice against these types. Accordingly they are mostly underestimated, or at least misunderstood. To the same degree as they fail to understand themselves -- because they very largely lack judgment -- they are also powerless to understand why they are so constantly undervalued by public opinion.
    I can break into a house fine though.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already promised her that I will protect her during a zombie breakout. I did it for the cookies.

“I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SFs humanize the rest of us.

Pretty legit skill, if you ask me.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You think you're of no use? How effing practical is Fi?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Alpha SFs humanize the rest of us.
    Interesting. Please explicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    You think you're of no use? How effing practical is Fi?
    Fi PoLR sometimes seems one of the best PoLRs there are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Interesting. Please explicate.

Fi PoLR sometimes seems one of the best PoLRs there are.
    Actually, I shouldn't be so weird about this; Fi helps people stay connected, to reach out to those who are alone, gather in altruistic causes, help family and friends through tough times, give love, care and support in physical and psychological ways.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I shouldn't be so weird about this; Fi helps people stay connected, to reach out to those who are alone, gather in altruistic causes, help family and friends through tough times, give love, care and support in physical and psychological ways.
    Being a good person helps too.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an Fi-PoLR, but I find it hard to maintain any meaningful relationships with people unless I'm regularly exposed to them. Otherwise I just sort of lose interest in them, and there's no sense of friendship, whereas some (Fi-dominant) friends seem to be good friends with people from a while back even though they don't see them regularly. Mainly it's because they can be bothered to talk to them, but also they seem to have a better feeling for how the relationship's going and work with that.

That being said, I (being another Fi-devaluing alpha) believe Fi-PoLR's probably a better PoLR than some of the other ones. Beats all of the extroverted PoLRs at least.

In order to justify posting in this thread, I'll say that Alpha SF's are useful because they have to deal with the shy INTj's - see second most recent thread in the Alpha Forum.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all Alpha SF: Do not underestimate the impact you can have with your ability to assemble a team of experts using cakes and cookies.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pft. Last year I was working with a SEI PhD student in environmental engineering, while I know of a certain LIE who creates characters in his head to make himself more appreciable.

Who gives a shit about being 'useful'? What is 'useful' anyway? Even fucking Einstein is getting dismissed in Physics right now, and he was known as the epitome of genius a couple of decades ago.

Now get back to your kitchens and make me a fucking grilled cheese sandwich.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man the op is really getting down on themselves....SEI brings all inside of the pulsing whole, they see how everything fits and can make any situation balance, make any body balanced, are gifted at holistic yet practical thinking. I'd give anything to have one in my life!

The art of balancing people and situations is complicated, and SEI is the only type who can see how everything and everybody fits. That's a gift, don't knock it, and if cookies are a part of that package, so be it. Cookies go a long way w people.

Even the wild ideas of ILE find a place of usefulness in the world of SEI.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One amazing thing I've noticed about SEIs is that they can do a lot of stuff without making it awkward. Many things they do would make other's feel uneasy if it weren't for their laid back sincerity and the feeling that they know exactly what lines not to cross.

Imagine Parkster saying stuff that bionicgoat sometimes says. He's a hairy man in his thirties and he says "pervy" things but everyone seems to be like "AWW that's our bg".

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How can alpha SF be useless if they are found among the world's respected professions like

Lawyer - SEI friend
    The doctor I work for - ESE
    my sister - aspiring Sociologist
    police officers/law enforcement
    actrors/performers/entertainers
    the list goes on.
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can alpha SF be useless if they are found among the world's respected professions like [...]
    So you have found examples of people you typed as SEI and are "pillars of community". How reassuring to the (stereo)typical sluggish waste-of-human-resource SEI artists I love.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    One amazing thing I've noticed about SEIs is that they can do a lot of stuff without making it awkward. Many things they do would make other's feel uneasy if it weren't for their laid back sincerity and the feeling that they know exactly what lines not to cross.

Imagine Parkster saying stuff that bionicgoat sometimes says. He's a hairy man in his thirties and he says "pervy" things but everyone seems to be like "AWW that's our bg".

Or maybe I'm just projecting.
    No lol u ryte
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you can feel useless! I just love alpha SFs. They can be whoever they want to be - they are have a sense of duty and they finish the things they start. My mother is an ESE and a doctor. My two ISFp friends are successful translators. And my grandma is one of the best people in the world!!!!!!!!!! When I was down, depressed and couldn't do anything she was the only person who really offered me some practical help. She came to me, she lived with me, cleaned my flat for me, did shopping etc. Once I came back home totally drunk, without shoes and I vomited on my front door. Then I decided to walk the dogs bare foot and I lost one of them... I went to sleep totally drunk and she had been waiting for the dog to come till early morning looking for him through the window . She didn't even raise her voice the next day.
    She's veeeeery practical. I also had rats at home (they came from the cellar) and I didn't want to kill them at the same time being very panicky when I happened to saw them. She poisoned the rats (without my knowledge) and was very comforting when I was crying when I saw them dying.
    When she went to hospital she cut parts of newspapers with jokes because she wanted to make sad people laugh ...
    I don't know, to me alpha SF are great, good people and it doesn't matter to me at all that their Te is so weak. If I were to choose the best type ever, with the biggest heart, that would probably be ISFp.
    Last edited by Ver; 07-02-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Someone's out there building a fucking space rocket and all I can do is make amazing cookies.

A moon-motherfucking-rocket. "

WHO is building a rocket? Did you just mean there could be someone out there building a real rocket or do you know specifics? This is important to me and by answering it you will gain karma.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, new forum member here.

The power of Ne tells me that you are probably of use, due to the fact that literally everything is of use. Chairs are of use. Books are of use. Children are of use.

You say you are good at baking. Maybe you could:

start teaching kids in your area to bake at an afterschool program

write a cookbook that aligns with the political ideals that you want to spread (i.e. sustainability, veganism, locally grown produce, etc.)

volunteer to cook at a homeless shelter

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When life as got you down, just call an Fi girl.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost everybody is useful in some way.

I'd even say that virtually every Alpha SF is more useful than virtually every narcissistic stock trading douchebag who got us into the current recession (except for Alpha SF stock traders).

Just because what you like to do can't be expressed as a packaged commodity with a price tag doesn't make you useless; it can even make you more valuable.

(Unless what you "like to do" is murder, gold-digging or exploitation and so on; lots of wealthy folks are actually pretty good at #3)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's an old thread that I'm resurrecting, but it just felt soo good reading this, I had to mention it.

I cannot count the number of times that I felt the ways described here. For many years I thought "well, I'm great at this and at that, oh and at that... but SO WHAT?! it's still useless." (and being surrounded at the time by mainly by Gamma quadra members pressuring me certain directions didn't help)
    The moment I stopped letting other people's judgements of how I'm supposed to live my life and what will surely make me happy" matter, was the moment it all started going back on track. Maybe in theory some things aren't "efficient" especially money-wise, but life's luckily not only about getting the "results" the corporate-driven society expects... life's about living, ha!

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I know it's an old thread that I'm resurrecting, but it just felt soo good reading this, I had to mention it.

I cannot count the number of times that I felt the ways described here. For many years I thought "well, I'm great at this and at that, oh and at that... but SO WHAT?! it's still useless." (and being surrounded at the time by mainly by Gamma quadra members pressuring me certain directions didn't help)
    The moment I stopped letting other people's judgements of how I'm supposed to live my life and what will surely make me happy" matter, was the moment it all started going back on track. Maybe in theory some things aren't "efficient" especially money-wise, but life's luckily not only about getting the "results" the corporate-driven society expects... life's about living, ha!
    Why do you want to be usefull? I just want to be loved (and fed and cuddled and hugged and all the other shit alpha SF's are good at ;-) )

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Why do you want to be usefull? I just want to be loved (and fed and cuddled and hugged and all the other shit alpha SF's are good at ;-) )
    lol, this sounds very Alpha NT
    I think every person wants to be useful on some level and it's ok. The part that's not ok (and that I was sort of addressing in my previous post) is when we start believing that there's only one sort of skill that's useful and stop seeing a broader perspective - that all humans have something valuable to share with others, some skill that's so natural to them that it goes unnoticed, while other people might crave getting its results
    besides, let's go even further with the stereotypes... I not only want to be happy I also want to make other people happy through being useful - and that sounds Alpha SF... right?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    lol, this sounds very Alpha NT
    I think every person wants to be useful on some level and it's ok. The part that's not ok (and that I was sort of addressing in my previous post) is when we start believing that there's only one sort of skill that's useful and stop seeing a broader perspective - that all humans have something valuable to share with others, some skill that's so natural to them that it goes unnoticed, while other people might crave getting its results
    besides, let's go even further with the stereotypes... I not only want to be happy I also want to make other people happy through being useful - and that sounds Alpha SF... right?
    Yesh yesh, I know, I was joking around.

As for the content; I think it's maybe the use of the term "usefull" that irks me. I can see why people would like to contribute, to help to guard etc, feeling "usefull" sounds so....awefully sad in a way. Like being of use, it's clinical and or objectifying? Maybe that's me.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Yesh yesh, I know, I was joking around.

As for the content; I think it's maybe the use of the term "usefull" that irks me. I can see why people would like to contribute, to help to guard etc, feeling "usefull" sounds so....awefully sad in a way. Like being of use, it's clinical and or objectifying? Maybe that's me.
    well, yeah yeah you were just trying to get a reaction, and probably one like this right?

hmm... yeah it does sounds "sad" in a way when it's linked with going against one's natural inclinations, but when it's going with who you are, "usefullness" is fine (yeah, I do realise what you meant was more semantics related than the content itself ) it's just a word like any other as long as it doesn't mean denying one's needs to be "useful" above everything else

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just speaking for me personally...

Being useful is nice if you want to be self-sufficient. I actually really agree with what Nowisthetime said earlier in the thread about going for less high-pressure jobs and ones in which Si will be of use, maybe as a part of a larger infrastructure in which someone else does the Te planning (although the Te-PoLR will always be painful)! But if you stick with an area of expertise there are probably ways to make up for that lack of Te with time and experience. Like right now when I imagine my life I really really want to be able to find a stable longterm job niche, take care of myself without major worries, and have time/ energy to pursue other meaningful things on the side. I don't get as easily bored with repetitive tasks as a lot of people I know so that wouldn't be so much an biggest issue.

The problem I run into most is that there's almost nothing an SEI can do at work that one of the other three Si types can't do better- so the trick is to find an area that is either reasonable in terms of market (i.e. not one of those jobs where there aren't many positions but there are a lot of people wanting to do them, despite low pay) or somewhat lower in terms of pay (compared to what an LSE can hope to make, for instance) so that you can find a place that is sustainable and makes sense.

Also being useful is good in general b/c otherwise it's really difficult to help people in times of need even if you "mean well." Fe is not useful to at least half of the population, including Fe-users themselves, whereas Te-assistance will almost always be concretely useful (even if they make the receiver uncomfortable.) That's my perspective anyway... I try to make up for lack of Te with generosity of time and resources (but I am not always generous with time or resources lol.)
    Last edited by lemontrees; 03-18-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Just speaking for me personally...

Being useful is nice if you want to be self-sufficient. I actually really agree with what Nowisthetime said earlier in the thread about going for less high-pressure jobs and ones in which Si will be of use, maybe as a part of a larger infrastructure in which someone else does the Te planning (although the Te-PoLR will always be painful)! But if you stick with an area of expertise there are probably ways to make up for that lack of Te with time and experience. Like right now when I imagine my life I really really want to be able to find a stable longterm job niche, take care of myself without major worries, and have time/ energy to pursue other meaningful things on the side. I don't get as easily bored with repetitive tasks as a lot of people I know so that wouldn't be so much an biggest issue.

Don't believe the hype about Te. Ti can be just as effective in the same settings.

The way I use Ti, I learn a system so thoroughly until most ambiguity is removed and I understand it (and all its possible states) completely (--> then I get bored and move on, but that's the Ne talking). It's not efficient, but it gives a clearer picture. Te types would focus more on learning the useful details they needed.

Anyhow.. I think you're on the right track by looking for a specialization. Not only do you have less to learn, but you'll be a valuable expert in no time by getting a thorough knowledge of it.

The problem I run into most is that there's almost nothing an SEI can do at work that one of the other three Si types can't do better- so the trick is to find an area that is either reasonable in terms of market (i.e. not one of those jobs where there aren't many positions but there are a lot of people wanting to do them, despite low pay) or somewhat lower in terms of pay (compared to what an LSE can hope to make, for instance) so that you can find a place that is sustainable and makes sense.

Also being useful is good in general b/c otherwise it's really difficult to help people in times of need even if you "mean well." Fe is not useful to at least half of the population, including Fe-users themselves, whereas Te-assistance will almost always be concretely useful (even if they make the receiver uncomfortable.) That's my perspective anyway... I try to make up for lack of Te with generosity of time and resources (but I am not always generous with time or resources lol.)
    You don't need to be valuable to the whole population or even half of it, just to a certain select group of people in your life!

And FYI, Te is one of the boringest things EVER! I just had the worst conversation of my life with a Te type who wouldn't stop listing the pros and cons in terms of efficiency of different software tools for a project I'm working on. I told him that I'd rather program my own tools from scratch to utilize my knowledge of the concepts, but he had a hard time understanding why I'd waste so much time.

He only cared about the end result and how to get there more quickly. And it wasn't even to go do something else that's more fun, which I'd totally be down for, but due to efficiency for its own sake. Fucking soulless automatons. J/k not really.
    Last edited by xerx; 03-19-2014 at 06:36 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Don't believe the hype about Te. Ti can be just as effective in the same settings.

The way I use Ti, I learn a system so thoroughly until most ambiguity is removed and I understand it (and all its possible states) completely (--> then I get bored and move on, but that's the Ne talking). It's not efficient, but it gives a clearer picture. Te types would focus more on learning the useful details they needed.

Anyhow.. I think you're on the right track by looking for a specialization. Not only do you have less to learn, but you'll be a valuable expert in no time by getting a thorough knowledge of it.

You don't need to be valuable to the whole population or even half of it, just to a certain select group of people in your life!

And FYI, Te is one of the boringest things EVER! I just had the worst conversation of my life with a Te type who wouldn't stop listing the pros and cons in terms of efficiency of different software tools for a project I'm working on. I told him that I'd rather program my own tools from scratch to utilize my knowledge of the concepts, but he had a hard time understanding why I'd waste so much time.

He only cared about the end result and how to get there more quickly. And it wasn't even to go do something else that's more fun, which I'd totally be down for, but due to efficiency for its own sake. Fucking soulless automatons. J/k not really.
    There's a lot I can say about this, but in order to steer away from more ranty stuff...

Ti is just hot. I really want a Ti-machine in my room that I can occasionally cuddle.

ps- thanks for your input, it was really heartening!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    There's a lot I can say about this, but in order to steer away from more ranty stuff...

Ti is just hot. I really want a Ti-machine in my room that I can occasionally cuddle.
    hey, if you feel like ranting - rant! and we'll cheer you up
    you're in Alpha Quadra section the only place in the world () where ranting is allowed
    I'll keep telling you that I disagree if you complain that sth's out of reach, but not to make you feel like you can't say it out loud... it's meant to lift you up, not bring you down
    if you need to get sth out of your system, then do and then I'll tell you it's ok, tell you what worked for me, the Alpha NTs will give their solutions and say they love you and then we'll have a group hug, and I might even make an exception and bake some cookies

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lemontrees I agree on the part that it's reasonable to try and work on what we perceive as weaknesses (depending on what we consider as such depending on a person, not necessarily tr), but still think it's more important to work on developing our strengths. I really don't share the pessimism in comparing SEIs to other types using Si. There's a place for everyone and therefore there are bound to be jobs that SEIs are better at than others and obviously also the other way round.
    From my pov I'd rather focus on developing Ne than Te (it just feels trying to self-dualize might be more natural than working hard on PoLR). Having said that, there's obviously some level of Te that's necessary to function in the modern world ofc.
    Basically there are jobs where various combinations of Si, Fe, Ti and Ne can be desirable and while it is a combo that ESEs also posess (when comparing Alpha SFs) - a more "tame" creative Fe of SEIs can sometimes be quite a big asset. So far what worked best for me was focusing on the things I find most interesting and enjoyable and then taking chances, checking what "works" and figuring out what else I need, where my weak points are and then trying to compensate to a reasonable level.
    Chances are we're trying to say almost the same thing, but what I'd like to emphasize is that I disagree with this part "that there's almost nothing an SEI can do at work that one of the other three Si types can't do better". That's overly pessimistic to me.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You think it sucks having all these weaknesses? Try being one of the poor fuckers that have to actually solve the problems.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, the last comment just killed the thread!

obviously this thread wasn't a vent thread... it was a thread of whiny Alpha SFs, who never come across problems irl and work, much less never ever are able to solve them efficiently without the Te types

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. It was mostly that I was going to go into examples of Te gone all wonky, or Te's effect on me, but I decided that we probably already agreed on those examples without me naming them and also that I'm equally egregious sometimes with Si, so there was no need to talk about it in a public forum where there are Te-valuing people. But mostly I got lazy and wanted to envision the Ti-cuddle-machine...

I would totally eat your cookies, aisa!

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is some vanity..and they also make beautiful
    art.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast