Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your guide to SLIs-ISTps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, well today was quite the experience...went to a baby shower and let's just say i got my fair share of 'what's wrong', 'are you okay'? Argh, some days i just want to go live on my own little island so people could stop analyzing me. haha. I get the 'you look so serious' at least on a daily basis.
    I can relate to this a lot Jessica, and one thing I notice is with time I get better at it. I feel sorry for the less out going ISTPs who are pretty much ragged on to have a good time.

I have a blank or unsatisfied look on my face in some social settings and someone says Dont look so sad! I just smile after to show I am not or whatever...

From now on I will bring a strobe light, a bottle of vodka, and a lawn chair to every event, with some nice speakers. jks

Anyways, it all goes down to who gives a shit.

:wink: :wink:
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah its valuable information. I give a shit

Next time im with the ISTP i know and he acts like that(he always looks bored or sad or annoyed) i will assume thats just him and just have a good time
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure I know at least one ISTp, and he always looks happy even if sometimes a bit sleepy. Maybe it's just because I'm with him only when we play football, never seen his behaviour in social settings.

I also do not think that the goth stereotype applies to ISTps by any chance.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    I have a blank or unsatisfied look on my face in some social settings and someone says Dont look so sad! I just smile after to show I am not or whatever...
    i get this a lot, too, actually. when i'm on the bus sometimes random people ask me to smile, etc. i seriously never realize i look so serious.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Tangent: how are ISTPs often perceived by other people? (both ISTPs and none ISTPs can answer). Uptight? Grumpy? Laidback? etc...
    I don't see them as grumpy or uptight. I see them as laidback. Stubborn in a passive way, in the sense "I won't do what I don't want to do". Easygoing. Usually interesting to talk to over a beer. At work they can be a bit frustrating.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Tangent: how are ISTPs often perceived by other people? (both ISTPs and none ISTPs can answer). Uptight? Grumpy? Laidback? etc...
    I don't see them as grumpy or uptight. I see them as laidback. Stubborn in a passive way, in the sense "I won't do what I don't want to do". Easygoing. Usually interesting to talk to over a beer. At work they can be a bit frustrating.
    I think I know what you're talking about.

ENTJs can be very, "Yes, well, what you said was such-and-such, but what you really meant was this-and-that. Though I can see where you're coming from with such-and-such, it still varies slightly from this-and-that, and it's a distinction that most people don't make it, so I forgive you for saying that, though I just wanted you to know that such-and-such is really this-and-that."

But what I meant was... ISTPs can be described as having a lot of physical tension... hiding their anger... but if you were to start acting like the example I gave, then we could tell you to "lighten up" for being kind of... *picky*... but that's a different level of uptightness...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12