Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Park's type

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I'm flattered, but...why/how/what?
    its just that radio is obviously really smart and to go after his "intellectual capacity" is clearly disingenuous and i wanted to contrast that with realness or something.

lol he doesn't seem to be that defensive to me, really...more that he doesn't give a shit what radio thinks and is being a reactive Fe-polr.
    yeah i have trouble reading him and you know him better than i do. i just know it was weird to lash out so disproportionately. and its not something thats typical for the other fe polrs on the forum as far as ive seen so idk what that rationalization is about.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not as expansive or stereotypically extroverted as a typical 8, but then you are sp/sx and an introvert which makes sense of that bit.
    Haha. Sounds like a rare, somewhat conflicting combination. But I guess that's sort of how I am, so I don't mind.

My short list for your E-type would be 8>5>4.
    Make it final and I'll let you quote anything I say and put it in the "satisfied clients" section of your new website.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    its just that radio is obviously really smart and to go after his "intellectual capacity" is clearly disingenuous and i wanted to contrast that with realness or something.
    Were you born this smart or did you have to work at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    stings, doesn't it
    Like you wouldn't believe.
    Last edited by Park; 06-15-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using only Park's taste in jazz, I'm gonna go with SLI: smooth, silky (), not too emotionally overwrought, and precise () stuff.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Si-SLI fits you Park as you remind me of the other Si-SLIs like Stray and Jessica. The confusion with SEI is merely a result of being the subtype and it wouldn't make sense as your PoLR is quite evident in some of your posts. You can notice the minor differences in behaviour and communication style compared to the Te-SLIs like Rob, Pa3s and force my hand who are more heavy. I remember you and Jessica typed Te-SLI before, but I think Si-SLI fits you two better imo.
    Last edited by Raver; 06-16-2012 at 06:03 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think me and park are definetly the same type and same subtype. When I compare him and I with people like rob, there's a clear difference...a difference that makes us seem closer to SEI but that typing is obviously off. Subtypes make a huge difference, IMO.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the one person who pointed out the irony of this thread quit disgusted with socionics shortly afterwards.

supposedly relationships are the whole point but somehow pointing out the obvious here is uncool and shows lack of sophistication or something. so everybody is like oh yeah that guy over there cuddling with the eie, he's totally sli.

I don't have any alternative idea for parks type I'm just getting that wtf naked emperor feeling.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Parks, Delta loves you; it might be hard for us to let go of you if you tried.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Park, I think you're way to willing to be abrasive to be SLI.
    I think SLIs can very much be abrasive! Fe-POLR!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    the one person who pointed out the irony of this thread quit disgusted with socionics shortly afterwards.

supposedly relationships are the whole point but somehow pointing out the obvious here is uncool and shows lack of sophistication or something. so everybody is like oh yeah that guy over there cuddling with the eie, he's totally sli.

I don't have any alternative idea for parks type I'm just getting that wtf naked emperor feeling.
    Park does kind of remind me a bit of Rocky (a member from the olden days) who self-identified as SLI, but was likely LSI. However... I don't think Park is LSI. In that video he posted of himself playing guitar, he definitely came across as . Presently, I lean towards Ti-XLE > EIE for Gilly, so that might explain part of it.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think SLIs can very much be abrasive! Fe-POLR!!
    The way I've most often observed PoLR reactions played out are either through aversion or indifference. When it comes to Fe PoLR aversion a great example is perhaps a story about Niff and I going to a toy store. He and I were in this store when we came to the little girl toys section, it was filled with pink and hearts and loud music and in general had a very vivid and specific atmosphere that he was unable to tolerate and had to meet us at the end of that section. I thought his reaction was pretty funny but the point was the atmosphere was so intolerable he had to disregard any conversation that was going on and leave.

An example of indifference that I've observed is, in one of the acting classes at my school there were a bunch of kids sitting around talking about the holocaust for some reason, it was a somewhat somber conversation when someone incorrectly mentions something about how many jews were killed hearing this the SLI female in my class goes over, completely ignores the somber atmosphere of the conversation, interjects "Actually the number was X" and then leaves without contributing anything else. Of course the EIE in my class was completely offended by this behavior and was unable to fathom how anyone would act this way.

A fair example of this on the forum is this post by @Loki (sorry to bring you into this, but I think Fe-PoLR is fairly likely for you and don't imagine you'll be offended by me doing such)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post882233

She sort of just comes in, injects some knowledge and then leaves. She does that in various threads but this is the most recent I think.

IMO the latter is more often the case, Fe-PoLR comes with very strong and valued Te, so more often than not Fe-PoLR is played out by being completely indifferent to the emotional atmosphere in favor of interjecting some sort of factual accuracy into the situation.

That being said, my original comment was more referring to park's general 'Fuck with me and I'll cut you' mentality which I find is seldom something that is associated with XLIs.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey y'all. Just stopping by to interject some factual accuracy. There are more chickens than people in the world. That is all.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Hey y'all. Just stopping by to interject some factual accuracy. There are more chickens than people in the world. That is all.
    lol hey i liked the original version!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps correcting factual inaccuracy would have been better phrasing on my part.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, my hair and nails are growing so fast lately. When I shaved my beard the other day, I was looking at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe how much my hair has grown.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you eating more fiber?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I don't think so. I've been pounding ice cream and chocolate lately.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I don't think so. I've been pounding ice cream and chocolate lately.
    *shrug*

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug*
    Calcium maybe. Plus increased mental stress.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poop is fun

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be because of fiber... more likely because of PROTEIN. Fiber makes you poop. Protein makes you build.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poop is fun
    I don't get it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fiber makes you poop

It was a dumb joke lol

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I still wanna hang out, despite that joke.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG, these guys are awesome.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh...smooth jazz...:what:

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like straight-ahead jazz, with tight rhythm section and great solos. Sheryl Bailey is new to me, but I really dig what I've heard so far. There are very few (good) female jazz guitarists as it is, so this was a very pleasant discovery.
    Last edited by Park; 06-21-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like straight-ahead jazz, with tight rhythm section and great solos. Sheryl Bailey is new to me, but I really dig what I've heard so far. There are very few (good) female jazz guitarists as it is, so this was a very pleasant discovery.
    That must be your SiTe at work here
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123