Threaded View

TIM
    5w4 er 6 er...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ugh, An Introduction >.<

Breaking the ice should not be required from those of us who cannot swim. It doesn't matter if it's in my analog life or my real (cyber) one, if there is an intro to be given, I will invariably find a way to make it awkward and unsatisfying for all parties involved.

A bit of info:

When not mindfully avoiding people, my thoughts often slip into a trance-like state wherein I spend heaps of time trying to convince myself that the worlds I am presented with on a daily basis are not to be taken seriously. Come to think of it, I think I just do this to spare myself from the collective humiliations I've encountered when trying to meet others for the first time. Thank you to this board for being here, as it will — no doubt — help me get away from my own head for awhile, (even if it will most likely lead to you lot reinforcing my crippling fear of social interactions).

Perhaps it's an overall dissatisfaction with my current status in life (the analog one) that makes me so adverse to sharing anything about myself initially. After all, it takes a lot of brain racking to share something about myself that includes the unique characteristics of being simultaneously not embarrassing and not boring.

Hi!

P.S. Personality Theory (particularly MBTI, JCP, and Socionics) has been a nagging obsession of mine for about five years now
    Last edited by personanongrata; 06-06-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo