0 0%

Thread: ESE for me, and celebrities

Hybrid View

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have so much difficulty pinning down your type, Dew?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    What an unexpected twist of events...
    Rofl. Laughed so hard reading this, love the sarcasm!

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    You know what's the same about you and Mountain Dew, constant attention seeking and patronizing behavior.
    Hey! I admit I can be quite attention-seeking at times, but I'd like to think I don't patronize people.

And Absurd... we will remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Why do you have so much difficulty pinning down your type, Dew?
    I can see myself in all the types. I've used socionics for some time as a tool for personal growth. So when I read about a characteristic of a type I think I exemplify, I wonder, is this a shade of myself I haven't yet discovered? Lack of awareness of my own best characteristics. Maybe that's Ni POLR? Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I can see myself in all the types. I've used socionics for some time as a tool for personal growth. So when I read about a characteristic of a type I think I exemplify, I wonder, is this a shade of myself I haven't yet discovered? Lack of awareness of my own best characteristics. Maybe that's Ni POLR? Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.
    I don't see personal growth as the best implementation for socionics. If anything I'd peg that more in the domain in Enneagram, since it has a very explicit focus on the betterment of each type in accordance to their main psychological fixations (the various levels of health in particular illustrate this very well). You seem to be taking socionics as a sort of abstract "personality" typology, which I don't think is a fair assessment of what the system attempts to illustrate about people. There's a difference between one's basic cognitive brain functioning and how those processes manifest externally.

What you say about lacking self-awareness sounds much more apt for an E3 than anything socionics has to say.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And Absurd... we will remember you.
    Who the heck is we. I don't know and do not want to know majority of yous. Socionics is like a second horoscope forum for me where people talk magic, read their daily horoscope, and compare their zodiac signs for compatibility. At least that's what most of you sound like to me.

but I'd like to think I don't patronize people.
    What's the difference between thinking you're doing something and doing something?

Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.
    You're going to need a lot of those books.

Oh and one more thing, as long you see yourself in all the types there are, that is, infinite possibilities you call it, it means you're not going to settle on a type at all. It is impossible for the concept of infinity is referred thusly due to the fact it has no limit, it is boundless. That means no one is able to actually pinpoint a type for themselves and this socionics people talk about on here has no beginning nor end which further means there is no point in starting and finishing anything.

Ergo, people who reached infinity are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are you serious? That is Sol's site.
    Haha, that guy said I'm not LSE because I'm not like him. There are your infinite possibilities, MD.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-04-2012 at 09:41 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I don't want to know your type anymore, mountain dew.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not supposed to like anything which was said or done by Fe-polrs now that you're ESE. Please, stay in character!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is called trying too hard to be Fe