Thread: how wide is your taste in music?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Okay. Question. I keep hearing / reading people say that they like rockabilly + shit that people who like rockabilly don't usually like. Am I missing something here? Rockabilly is Wanda Jackson, Carl Perkin, and Elvis.

And if you like rockabilly how the hell do you not know any Dylan songs?
    haha you actually pay attention to Absurd

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay. Question. I keep hearing / reading people say that they like rockabilly + shit that people who like rockabilly don't usually like. Am I missing something here? Rockabilly is Wanda Jackson, Carl Perkin, and Elvis.

And if you like rockabilly how the hell do you not know any Dylan songs?
    Never heard of him before, easy. I'm not some, I don't know, music connoisseur like CP below, is. I don't even find, say, some music album to be okay. Usually it is one song out of whole band's repertoire to be honest. The rest, in fact, doesn't exist for me. That Sybille song, Radio posted is actually the only song I find fine and I know she has more.

Rockabilly is not only Wanda Jackson, Carl Perkins and Elvis. Those that I listed above think of as descending in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    haha you actually pay attention to Absurd
    Haha, she does. Duh.

No CP, no cry.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Never heard of him before, easy. I'm not some, I don't know, music connoisseur like CP below, is. I don't even find, say, some music album to be okay. Usually it is one song out of whole band's repertoire to be honest. The rest, in fact, doesn't exist for me. That Sybille song, Radio posted is actually the only song I find fine and I know she has more.

Rockabilly is not only Wanda Jackson, Carl Perkins and Elvis. Those that I listed above think of as descending in order.

Haha, she does. Duh.

No CP, no cry.
    Am I going to be ticketed or something for talking to you? Do you have cooties?

Unless you were born in Kyrgyzstan it's not easy to not know Bob Dylan's music especially since its covered all the time Ina genre you say you like.

What I am asking, I guess, is who plays "your" rockabilly because I very much doubt you're a Wanda Jackson fan. It must be new stuff that I haven't heard of and probably would not like.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Am I going to be ticketed or something for talking to you? Do you have cooties?
    I have everything others and you want me to see I have. After some time dealing with this "community" I found that talking sense into most of yous is just a waste of my time.

And as far this passive aggressive wank called CP goes, it's not the first time he got his cunt in a twist. I've seen him make fun of poor old horoscope hitta saying he is fat. Well, I've seen that cunt CP on cam and I don't think he is able to lift a fork.

Unless you were born in Kyrgyzstan it's not easy to not know Bob Dylan's music especially since its covered all the time Ina genre you say you like.
    Unless, you were born in gay land and don't know real music.

What I am asking, I guess, is who plays "your" rockabilly because I very much doubt you're a Wanda Jackson fan. It must be new stuff that I haven't heard of and probably would not like.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have everything others and you want me to see I have. After some time dealing with this "community" I found that talking sense into most of yous is just a waste of my time.

And as far this passive aggressive wank called CP goes, it's not the first time he got his cunt in a twist. I've seen him make fun of poor old horoscope hitta saying he is fat. Well, I've seen that cunt CP on cam and I don't think he is able to lift a fork.

Unless, you were born in gay land and don't know real music.

Well you are a little bit difficult you know. I was being perfectly polite to you and you've suggested that I was um... "born in gay land" and that "I don't know music" because I'm surprised that you don't know who Bob Dylan is.

Anyway now you've hear of Bob Dylan:

He won the presidential medal of freedom this week and was expected the win the nobel prize for literature last last year. He's just kind of important in American music. Like Elvis.

Do you know who the Spice Girls are?

I like Eddie Cochran a lot too. I guess our Rockabilly guys are the same.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well you are a little bit difficult you know. I was being perfectly polite to you and you've suggested that I was um... "born in gay land" and that "I don't know music" because I'm surprised that you don't know who Bob Dylan is.

Anyway now you've hear of Bob Dylan:

Do you know who the Spice Girls are?

I like Eddie Cochran a lot too. I guess our Rockabilly guys are the same.
    Okay, enough is enough. You suggested I was born in Middle Asia which is not true so I said you're born in gay land and gay land is your gay home. As for difficult part, I'm working on it, being more open to people I don't know. Seriously, first time I hear Bob Dylan name but I did hear Joan Baez.

And sure I heard about Spice Girls, they just don't hit my keys, so to speak.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, enough is enough. You suggested I was born in Middle Asia which is not true so I said you're born in gay land and gay land is your gay home. As for difficult part, I'm working on it, being more open to people I don't know. Seriously, first time I hear Bob Dylan name but I did hear Joan Baez.

And sure I heard about Spice Girls, they just don't hit my keys, so to speak.
    Don't worry about it. I'm working on not being difficult too.

I didn't suggest you were born in Kyrgyzstan as an insult. I think it looks like a really interesting county. You can steal wives there! Saying that someone is from "gay land" isn't wonderfully effective either.