Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EIIs-INFjs on cursing and swearing

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Aquagraph, it's really just about differences in where the average is, but I always feel like I have to spell that out specifically when Maritsa is in the thread.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SELECTIVE MEMORY

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    exactly, now move on BITCH
    (yeah ok i couldn't find the other one so maybe you didn't say it to two people but someone else called you a bitch or something along those lines. anyway, the point is, you haven't exactly been pleasant to people here so don't demand respect when you can't give it.)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    People with the same type are not going to be identical in any way so they'll have indivdual ways their IEs show up in them, and in particular Fi is very subjective.

I do think there is probably less swearing on average among EIIs than most other types, but it's just a difference of where the average is.
    I agree with Slacker.

The thing with ethical types is that they may pay attention to the emotional and psychological impact something might have on themselves, and/or others, but that does not translate into there being some objectively known form of "properness". There is a difference between processing information...and what that information leads to or results in in action/behavior.

I do think an EII might refrain from expressing their anger/frustration, thus leading to less cursing than a type who has less inhibitions. But that doesn't mean that the thoughts/etc aren't there.

Then, there is also the difference between what one expects/demands from others vs what one allows for themselves.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    SELECTIVE MEMORY
    Hmmm, I had thought the @Ver one was in Ver's what's-my-type thread.
    I do remember Maritsa calling someone a bitch in their own typing thread.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SELECTIVE MEMORY
    Very. She even got a Warning from that.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SELECTIVE MEMORY

(yeah ok i couldn't find the other one so maybe you didn't say it to two people but someone else called you a bitch or something along those lines. anyway, the point is, you haven't exactly been pleasant to people here so don't demand respect when you can't give it.)
    Was that Ver; now she's on ignore and so is Ann. And...another story for another time.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Hmmm, I had thought the @Ver one was in Ver's what's-my-type thread. I do remember Maritsa calling someone a bitch in their own typing thread.
    That's because she is a humanist.

Was that Ver; now she's on ignore and so is Ann.
    User kissmyshinyarse was unpleasant to you as well. You know what to do.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I'll shut up and go back to spectating if this turns to Delta NF battleground.
    Maritsa's most likely a Ne polr, not Ne ego. Stay here and crush your supervisee/conflictor like the good Fi polr you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

People who supervise me like Ver and Ann are very unpleasant to me and hence supervise me, that's why they are on ignore.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I'll shut up and go back to spectating if this turns to Delta NF battleground.
    *lays kitty litter over the blood to soak it in, then sweeps it all up so Aqua can have a clean(er) room*

Edited to add: I tried!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who supervise me like Ver and Ann are very unpleasant to me and hence supervise me, that's why they are on ignore.
    Poor you.. it must be hard having 1/3 of the population as your supervisors. ;<
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Poor you.. it must be hard having 1/3 of the population as your supervisors. ;<
    more.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT, Maritsa admits she's isfj.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't I a supervisor in your books (me SEE, you EII)?

Edit: derp
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a trap, Maritsa, it's a trap.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not very readily at all.
    I didn't say NEVER, radio you suck.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say NEVER, radio you suck.
    itt, Radio never suggested you said never.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay i'm popular

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can i be one of the cool kids now

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more about the realization of one's coolness rather than becoming a cool kid. You always were one of the cool kids imo.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Merry-go-round.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    itt, Radio never suggested you said never.
    Ann, do you want me to love you and pay attention to you?
    -

Creepy-male

I don't understand why certain people don't swear, having access to those words gives a person more impact, edginess, and power in there communication. Saying something "politically correct" that doesn't use swear words doesn't really change the core meaning of the message just how its delivered. Saying something offensive in a nice way can in some ways be more annoying than just saying something like "go fuck yourself". Being politically correct about something that's offensive is a bit like someone ringing the doorbell finding a nice package with a bowtie and wrapping paper and a card, then opening it up and getting punched in the face.... does the fact it was delivered in nice wrapping paper and presentation make you feel better or worse about it?

Naturally I'd be inclined to believe EII and ESI's would the types to do this based on their Fe-base function. The problem with this is Fi-base doesn't mean being "moral, nice, proper, ethical" it is a style of feeling/ethics in relating to people fixated on the relationships between individual entities, so socially one could expect as Fi-base to be highly developed at understanding how certain people would react to swearing and how it is received. For this reason I could imagine them being politically correct, but politically correct with the core motivation being how the person responds to things. Fi-Role is more likely to be politically correct out of a certain need to be proper and follow a code or rules of conduct. Fi-base the rules and shoulds and should nots are less important than the actual impact it has empathetically on the person receiving the message.

I think Fi-PoLR would naturally clash with EII and ESI because their Fi-base is focused on this end of considering the impact empathetically on people in a social situation, where as Fi-PoLR are relatively undeveloped at this and don't really care, they are much more focused on the Fe-Hidden Agenda, and using their base function Se or Ne in combination with Ti in the environment, adapting quickly to the environment and thinking of the logical nature of the interaction and events. This rapid adaption, logical focus, and ignorance to relational ethics to the EII and ESI I'd imagine would come off as sort of shallow and chaotic.

Finally EII's I think have a mean of relating to ILE's and ESI's have a means to relate to SLE's. Even though their base function clashes with the Fi-PoLR the Fi-PoLR's base function feeds their creative function so I'm guessing in part there is some bridge of understanding between the individuals. Any one know the name of such an interaction?

I also think that interacting with conflictors is good overtime as it helps strengthen a person's weakness and helps them develop, the tricky part is too much time interacting with conflictors can lead to stress spiking up. I'd think finding that happy medium where you can interact just enough to get a taste of something foreign but not enough for it to be toxic to your psychological system. I think this in contrast to those that are of the school that believe conflictors should always be avoided and loathed. They are people too and I think its possible to appreciate them -- but at a distance because its best for both parties involved. Another way of thinking about it is the amount of energy invested into the relationship versus the resulting connection. Conflictors have the least efficient energy to result, but are most efficient at forcing you develop a robust psychology by forcing you to focus on your weaknesses.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah this was about EIIs and swearing, not EIIs swearing.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it. Why would someone consider swearing offensive? I do it all the time (really, uncontrollably) and.. I... I just don't get it. They're words. Words, people. Fuck or love, shit or daisies, what the fuck does it matter as long as I'm not fucking you over and throwing feces at you?
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever my type...

I try to treat others as I would like to be treated and I definitely wouldn't like being sworn at unless it's obviously with humour by someone close to me.

I don't tell others off for swearing, I more just accept that that is how they are and I look at the reasons why they seem to be swearing.

I do however dislike being around a vulgar tongue for too long and I also expect my kids to just know that they should not swear around of me however my son seems to be incapable of this most of the time.

This doesn't mean that I never swear though, as I have sworn for reasons such as...

*Knowing that it would be the only way to get through to a boyfriend that I wanted to breakup with him when I was very young, though I have always felt ashamed and regretted having to do this.
    *Like when I think something is just so very stupid.
    *When I am ultra angry (very rarely) with someone's behaviours or treatment of me.

Always my swearing occurs in private or with someone who I trust, never in front of the person unless of course it is my trusted who is the person whom I am upset with and I will usually not call the person this swearword but more aim the swearword at their behaviour or perhaps even their idea - whichever it is that was deserving .

These swear words are usually quite mild such as stupid, shit, shitfaced, bullshit, bitchy, poobumb and crappy and usually I kind of apologise to those around after saying them but then say something like but the person whom the word/words were aimed at deserves it for whatever it was that occurred.
    Oh I guess I don't apologise much for using the word stupid though, cause if they got that one then it was probably most definitely deserved !
    Last edited by Hays; 05-29-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    I don't get it. Why would someone consider swearing offensive? I do it all the time (really, uncontrollably) and.. I... I just don't get it. They're words. Words, people. Fuck or love, shit or daisies, what the fuck does it matter as long as I'm not fucking you over and throwing feces at you?
    So if they're just words, do you talk to your parents like that?

I don't have a stick up my butt but I really cannot stand when people swear a lot in normal everyday conversation. It took me well until I was like....25 to even bring myself to swear in front of anyone. I just think it makes you look bad and a bit low class. Don't get me wrong, an occasional 'shit' comes out when I'm driving, but that's about it. It just makes me think of people less when they swear like truckers.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    So if they're just words, do you talk to your parents like that?
    Yeah, I do. My father doesn't give a shit, he understands that words only have the value and meaning you decide to give them. Mom got tired of trying to tone it down and just shrugs at it nowadays. Thanks for asking.

I just think it makes you look bad and a bit low class.
    That's my point. You think so. It doesn't make it so anywhere else than your head.

To me, this is not only about blurting out a lot of shits and fucks. It's something so much bigger everyone should realize IMO. The menu is not the meal.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The menu is not the meal.
    You can't judge a book by its title.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do. My father doesn't give a shit, he understands that words only have the value and meaning you decide to give them. Mom got tired of trying to tone it down and just shrugs at it nowadays. Thanks for asking.

That's my point. You think so. It doesn't make it so anywhere else than your head.

To me, this is not only about blurting out a lot of shits and fucks. It's something so much bigger everyone should realize IMO. The menu is not the meal.

Whenever I read things you post, I just want to punch something. You're like....so FUCKING OFFENSIVE.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Whenever I read things you post, I just want to punch something. You're like....so FUCKING OFFENSIVE.
    Oh... Mostly, I don't intend to be. Can't even say I'm sorry, I guess. What exactly did you find offensive?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh... Mostly, I don't intend to be. Can't even say I'm sorry, I guess. What exactly did you find offensive?
    I don't think you do it on purpose and it's not even really harsh things you say...you just make me feel....on edge......

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I find it amusing as a counterbalance that my SLE bf will often say "fucking" when normal people would say "um" as a default thinking-of-the-right-word sound. It gets hilariously bad when he's drunk, to the point where every second word is "fucking" and I have to smack him over the head because he's making lots of noise but saying nothing. I've been trying to train him out of it, because if you use it too much it just loses its impact, and we Se-valuing types love impact ... Presumably drinking lowers your inhibitions, so at his very core he's just a giant blinking cuss word
    i do that too... 'fucking" is my 'um". and yeah, when i'm high... idk if it's because my brain stalls more because i'm high so i need to say 'um' more, but i can find myself saying it like 3 or 4 times a sentence lol.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    i do that too... 'fucking" is my 'um". and yeah, when i'm high... idk if it's because my brain stalls more because i'm high so i need to say 'um' more, but i can find myself saying it like 3 or 4 times a sentence lol.
    lol, thats really cute.

Creepy-bg

I do have a sort of have a cutoff in my brain though if i'm in a setting, or conversing with someone, where it wouldn't be appreciated. I'm very aware of how people react to my language and adjust it to make it comfortable for them. my default and most natural mode of communication is in 'fucking' mode though.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Cursing is uncouth. I do it anyway, but try not to do it around close friends/family or when talking about things I care about. It is merely a word, of course, but there are much better words, especially in English.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think i'm fine with cursing because most people in my family do and it was never really a big deal. i think upbringing probably has more to do with this than type. i'm more comfortable around people who are comfortable cursing because its less alien to me, whereas more restrained/polite conversation feels bourgeoisie, like something for those weird people in monkey suits or something, lol, in contrast to where i "came from."

i only really refrain from swearing for pragmatic reasons, like it doesn't come across well at work, for example. like others have said, its just words.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    like it doesn't come across well at work,
    Kinda related, but my last boss used to curse a lot when things were going wrong at work. He didn't speak finnihs but still swore in finnish, it was amazing. I guess finnish swear words are just really that good. I remember him even complimenting my cursing a couple of times when I was totally stuck with a code and running out of patience. He said he really liked my style.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, my EII mom causes a fucking lot.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast