Thread: Galen's Type As Of May 24th 2012

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Interesting, so you think i'm Ne-IEE too then? You're like the 3rd person to have mentioned this to me lately... Looks like i have to adjust my sig then...
    I think Fi-IEE fits you best based on my view of subtype theory in that Fi-IEEs tend to have stronger /// as opposed to Ne-IEEs that have stronger /// and you seem to lean towards the subtype functions imo. So in a sense that makes you an IEE that is more SEE like as opposed to ILE like. I also think it's one reasons why people confused you for being an ESE before.

@Galen: I think Fi-IEE fits you well and the differences between you and other IEEs could be non-socionics related, such as enneatype, instinctual stacking and perhaps upbringing as well, which can play a major role. The only other possibility I can see is probably Fi-EII for the same reason that Jessica mentioned that you value more than . I even notice a bit of a resemblance between you and Radio, which may or may not be type related.
    Last edited by Raver; 06-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's too much information to take in all at once, but I love the pen squeaking lol

SeLf AnAlYsIs
    1) Fi
    2) Fi/Te, even on here I find myself instinctively huddling around gammas > alphas
    3) ???
    Saying that the Ne/Si subtypes want "more" information seems highly subject to interpretation.
    4) ???
    I don't entirely buy this system, since I don't see types as having access to their non-valued IEs. Regardless, I feel like I'm generally at rest a lot, even though people I know apparently think of me as hard-working and studious etc.
    5) Ne I think?
    Last edited by Galen; 06-02-2012 at 05:30 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    This video is in response to different subtyping methods, and includes a small portion of answer to @Gilly's question about Se role. It also includes at the end, a simple, not well thought out example of how the different methods might be applied to show possible differences between @Galen, @Kim, @Slacker, @WorkaholicsAnonymous, and me. (please don't take the examples as anything firm).

Warning: I was extremely tired, and trying to learn a new program. But too tired to reedit and reedit, and the program doesn't let me see it all together. So..basically...quality sux...and boring as hell.

I really liked the video!

Couple of questions/comments:

1. Fenryrr was the one who was talking about the cheese grater

2. When you're talking about your gardening you keep saying you "come back to a state of rest" and pointing to Ne. What exactly do you mean by "state of rest"... what do you do when you're in your "state of rest"? If it's just about taking a break, well, i do that too with chores, exactly like you described. Does that really have much implications for subtype?

3. I really liked that chart at the end... seems like my block had Fi & Se in it... so you are thinking i'm SEE then?

4. i know i may appear socially extraverted here on the forum... i am actually pretty socially introverted in person, at least when i am being myself.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I think Fi-IEE fits you best based on my view of subtype theory in that Fi-IEEs tend to have stronger /// as opposed to Ne-IEEs that have stronger /// and you seem to lean towards the subtype functions imo. So in a sense that makes you an IEE that is more SEE like as opposed to ILE like. I also think it's one reason why people confused you for being an ESE before.
    I agree with you. I think i've also been conditioned to be more mobilized, like @anndelise was talking about in the video. Perhaps subtype is something that isn't innate but gets molded depending on circumstances and environment?

I will change my sig back to Fi-IEE then..

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I really liked the video!
    lol, i admit, it sucked, and will probably delete it soon. It was only made to show that there are different methods people might use when they check for subtype. Knowing what methods they are using...their reason for choosing the subtype they did, might help you when you get conflictingly subtyped.

Couple of questions/comments:

1. Fenryrr was the one who was talking about the cheese grater
    I swear, from the moment she joined the forum, I have consistently confused you two.
    Sorry.

2. When you're talking about your gardening you keep saying you "come back to a state of rest" and pointing to Ne. What exactly do you mean by "state of rest"... what do you do when you're in your "state of rest"? If it's just about taking a break, well, i do that too with chores, exactly like you described. Does that really have much implications for subtype?
    i don't know. I was both trying to give an example, but my brain wouldn't stay on track due to mental exhaustion. I know that in that part of the video that I kept repeating myself as a way of trying to bring myself back on track.

What I CAN say is that when I was 18-23yo, I would have likely have been typed SeFi because of the constant mobilisation. But I was also quickly sinking into a psychological breakdown. So it was sort of like a drowning person flailing around trying to keep their head above water. One could say that I was NeFi-Fi subtype back then.

The thing with that method seems to be more of how much time does the enfp spend in their state of relaxation/rest, vs how much time is spent in mobilization. So if your breaks and such are significantly longer than chores, and it's a struggle to get your butt moving to do the chores, and you only do a couple of short, quick things before going back to relax, then you'd be choosing more Si than Se. But if you're able to get a whole room done before you take a short break and then go workout at the gym,or such before another small, short break, then go out to the mall/park/whatever to hang out and play with a group of friends, then go home and sleep, and wake up perky the next day...then that's more mobilisation than rest.

An example, yesterday I prepped the soil for one small block of the garden and planted one single plant. It took me an hour to do a 15 minute job because of the breaks I took. Then I had a 45 minute meeting with a woman at my house. The socializing part helped energize me, but the microdecisions I had to make exhausted my poor brain. I have a really hard time making decisions. The meeting ended with me hiring her to clean my home once a month, and to help me declutter my stuff. She will be someone who can make most of the little, stupid decisions that exhaust me. Then I took a long break, before working on the video. It took me all day to get the video done. But I was already mentally exhausted before starting the video...i just wanted to get it over with.

3. I really liked that chart at the end... seems like my block had Fi & Se in it... so you are thinking i'm SEE then?
    Ok, I said please don't take those examples as anything firm. It was just a very tired brain trying to show how one might use a variety of methods to try to differentiate us. The Se mentioned was
    a) to show Gilly where one might see Se role in you. Se role (3) does not mean Se ego (1,2).
    b) to display that the higher mobilization (Se) might be interrpreted as Fi subtype, since Fi/Te are what prompts the mobilisation, except in cases where it's a trial and errror thing for obtaining more information....increasing one's Ne, without spending time assessing it.
    c) that since more focus on physical TPE reduces focusing on abstract TPE, and vice versa that it could be used to differentiate between Ne and Fi subtype.

4. i know i may appear socially extraverted here on the forum... i am actually pretty socially introverted in person, at least when i am being myself.
    except that we hear about you hanging out with your groups of friends, doing all sorts of activities together, etc etc. Can you see how that might lead to readers interpreting that as being more socially extroverted than someone who talks about doing something with A friend here, or A friend there? I am not trying to counter nor dismiss what you said, just trying to show that someone might interpret things differently.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    lol, i admit, it sucked, and will probably delete it soon. It was only made to show that there are different methods people might use when they check for subtype. Knowing what methods they are using...their reason for choosing the subtype they did, might help you when you get conflictingly subtyped.
    I didn't think it sucked! I really did like it a lot and learned a thing or two...

I swear, from the moment she joined the forum, I have consistently confused you two.
    Sorry.
    no prob... that's interesting actually...

What I CAN say is that when I was 18-23yo, I would have likely have been typed SeFi because of the constant mobilisation. But I was also quickly sinking into a psychological breakdown. So it was sort of like a drowning person flailing around trying to keep their head above water. One could say that I was NeFi-Fi subtype back then.
    That's interesting.. and i definitely relate to that feeling... i've been feeling this way for at least 6 years now (maybe more.. i've lost track already).

The thing with that method seems to be more of how much time does the enfp spend in their state of relaxation/rest, vs how much time is spent in mobilization. So if your breaks and such are significantly longer than chores, and it's a struggle to get your butt moving to do the chores, and you only do a couple of short, quick things before going back to relax, then you'd be choosing more Si than Se. But if you're able to get a whole room done before you take a short break and then go workout at the gym,or such before another small, short break, then go out to the mall/park/whatever to hang out and play with a group of friends, then go home and sleep, and wake up perky the next day...then that's more mobilisation than rest.
    lol... i hear you... but i dont remember the last time i woke up feeling perky

Ok, I said please don't take those examples as anything firm. It was just a very tired brain trying to show how one might use a variety of methods to try to differentiate us. The Se mentioned was
    a) to show Gilly where one might see Se role in you. Se role (3) does not mean Se ego (1,2).
    b) to display that the higher mobilization (Se) might be interrpreted as Fi subtype, since Fi/Te are what prompts the mobilisation, except in cases where it's a trial and errror thing for obtaining more information....increasing one's Ne, without spending time assessing it.
    c) that since more focus on physical TPE reduces focusing on abstract TPE, and vice versa that it could be used to differentiate between Ne and Fi subtype.
    oh gotcha... i just wanted to clarify what you meant by that... i figured there was some deeper insight that you were trying to get at that i wasn't aware of...

except that we hear about you hanging out with your groups of friends, doing all sorts of activities together, etc etc. Can you see how that might lead to readers interpreting that as being more socially extroverted than someone who talks about doing something with A friend here, or A friend there? I am not trying to counter nor dismiss what you said, just trying to show that someone might interpret things differently.
    oh you must have me mistaken for someone else again... I dont really have groups of friends, i tend to hang out one-on-one or one on two with friends. occasionally i might go through a lot of trouble to get a bunch of people together, but that really burns me out and i dont normally enjoy that kind of get together as much. Otherwise if i'm hanging out with a larger group it's usually because i was invited, and even so i dont find it as comfortable. Overall though, i prefer hanging out by myself and pursuing new or interesting things i can think of... or just catching up on my perpetual housework that i never can seem to finish...
    The other thing has been that over the past year i really made a huge effort to get out there and meet people because i was feeling very lonely after living in a new city for about a year. I think i have gotten my fix though (perhaps more than i wanted), and it's back to being the reclusive me again... with a couple new good friends i made along the way...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon
    oh you must have me mistaken for someone else again... I dont really have groups of friends, i tend to hang out one-on-one or one on two with friends. occasionally i might go through a lot of trouble to get a bunch of people together, but that really burns me out and i dont normally enjoy that kind of get together as much. Otherwise if i'm hanging out with a larger group it's usually because i was invited, and even so i dont find it as comfortable. Overall though, i prefer hanging out by myself and pursuing new or interesting things i can think of... or just catching up on my perpetual housework that i never can seem to finish...
    The other thing has been that over the past year i really made a huge effort to get out there and meet people because i was feeling very lonely after living in a new city for about a year. I think i have gotten my fix though (perhaps more than i wanted), and it's back to being the reclusive me again... with a couple new good friends i made along the way...
    ah, I admit that my observations of you are rather limited (no offense). I remember reading things about you going apple picking with groups of friends, going out to a party/potluck something with some friends, spending time with a guy and his friends, wanting to have your friends and his friends hang out together, etc. Basically, my memory is that you regularly mention a group hanging out together rather than you spending time with one maybe two people at a time.

But I recognize that it's possible that when you referred to hanging out with 'friends' that you meant in general or were referring to maybe 1-2 at a time.

I totally understand making an effort to meet more people. I'm trying to make that effort now, with some local people here. Am finding it difficult, still, because the only thing I have in common with each of them is the gardening thing. Except they LOVE gardening while I HATE it, lol.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    That's too much information to take in all at once, but I love the pen squeaking lol

SeLf AnAlYsIs
    1) Fi
    2) Fi/Te, even on here I find myself instinctively huddling around gammas > alphas
    3) ???
    Saying that the Ne/Si subtypes want "more" information seems highly subject to interpretation.
    4) ???
    I don't entirely buy this system, since I don't see types as having access to their non-valued IEs. Regardless, I feel like I'm generally at rest a lot, even though people I know apparently think of me as hard-working and studious etc.
    5) Ne I think?
    Haha, thanks. When I did that last part, I was drawing the order out of a hat, so to speak.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Galen, you gotta try a little Beta this year
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Galen, you gotta try a little Beta this year
    I don't know what
    uhm
    hi maritsa

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, Galen is so polite...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa why do you ignore my pleas for a confirmation so?

my soul burns for redemption

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness.
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    good bye

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123