Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comedians

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Do you currently ascribe to a more classical socionics understanding or a more socionix understanding? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking either one, both are valid in their own way, I just forget where you stand.
    There's a division? I am not even sure either "one" can be delineated as such.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    I dunno, I think socionix generally deviates from classical socionics in a fairly predictable manner. In that way, I think that socionix typings can be useful in a classical understanding because of the fact that the deviation is predictable it makes the translation between the two easy to figure out and actually surprisingly accurate.

Most of the time.
    Last edited by JWC3; 05-25-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: removed an 'is'
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you currently ascribe to a more classical socionics understanding or a more socionix understanding? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking either one, both are valid in their own way, I just forget where you stand.
    Well I guess you could say I use bits of both, there are certain cues, traits and such that I have picked up from talking to, mostly, Ashton and strrrng, that I guess would qualify as "socionix," but I still find myself disagreeing with Ashton on pretty much the same old typings, and strrrng and I still don't see eye to eye on every single typing, but we discuss things at length and we are almost always seeing the same type cues, and interpreting things the same for the most part, only with varying degrees of emphasis on such an aspect, or giving more or less weight to different factors. That said, I tend to agree with strrrng and Ashton both on a solid majority of typings, and I would probably be saying the same about any relatively experienced forum member here, so I don't think that says much of anything about which "school" I fall into. I try to put things together as I go and always recheck myself to see what makes the most sense, because I'm always learning by meeting new people and seeing all of the different flavors mixed in with one another, so lumping myself in a camp over methods of interpretation seems pretty pointless to me. I think the best advice anyone can get when it comes to "learning socionics" is to get as much input as possible, both in terms of discussing socionics with as many different people and seeing their views and how they type in order to see all of the methods and viewpoints and balance everything out, but also just meeting as many new people as possible, and observing them deliberately, in order to isolate recurring themes in speech patterns, facial characteristics, general behavior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Exactly.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Exactly.
    For what it's worth I find the need, inclination and therefore the ability to view understandings coming from the same source as separate as a more Te-valuing theme. Ti values are more comfortable doing something you describe, picking and choosing so to speak.
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth I find the need, inclination and therefore the ability to view understandings coming from the same source as separate as a more Te-valuing theme. Ti values are more comfortable doing something you describe, picking and choosing so to speak.
    Mmmm, I don't know, I used to be more dogmatically attached to certain methods when I started out, but I have branched out as I learned more.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm, I don't know, I used to be more dogmatically attached to certain methods when I started out, but I have branched out as I learned more.
    Well betas certainly have that sort of ideological attachment to certain ideas, but it is just a theme not a rule.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually maybe you're right. An ideological attachment to certain ideas combined with the beta "in-group, out-group" mentality could produce the same effect... Maybe it's an Se values thing... That could make sense.

I am sure the phenomena exists and can in some way be described using socionics. I suppose I need to put more thought into how exactly that description functions.
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think the effect of dominant mental processes plays a role in the development of different methods etc, but the ideas people actually agree upon are as dependent upon their influences and any number of factors as they are their actual type.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, that. It's why I don't like to get hung up too much over "schools" since that really misses the point. At best, any of these interpretations is an incomplete and imperfect approximation of the actual phenomena of types. But different views may have aspects worth salvaging, or may get some things 'more right' than others, etc. So I prefer an eclectic synthesis.
    Yep.

I think the reasons behind the whole division in typing approaches were largely circumstantial, the gap in typings didn't really exist to nearly the same extent before you were banned and started socionix, if I remember correctly. I know you were kind of always at odds with expat (you Te egos, always marking your paternal territory...) but I know that the biggest part of the rift began after the initial wave of bannings.

I have to give you credit, you kept it real when a lot of the forum was drifting towards a kind of fundamentalist approach.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are many paths to enlightenment. For some a fundamentalist approach may be far more appropriate.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added Tracy Morgan.

He's pretty funny. Who cares how offensive he is.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't find him funny or offensive.

So take your okay sign and shove it up your ass!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't find him funny or offensive.

So take your okay sign and shove it up your ass!
    Lol I don't find him very offensive either, I was more referencing the trouble he got into for his joke about the mentally challenged.
    Easy Day

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reggie Watts - Ne base? I only just discovered him. His streams of consciousness are inspired.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't want to make a new thread for this so I must attempt to bring it back. This is an important topic!

Maria Bamford: IEE
    Aziz Ansari: ILE
    Pete Holmes: ESE
    Amy Schumer: SEE
    Tom Segura: SLE
    Joe Rogan: SLE
    Dane Cook: SLE

All Extraverts...I think Mitch Hedburg and Demitri Martin are Introverts but no idea what. Best guess for Demetri Martin is LII, Mitch is a mystery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12