Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Type me, if you please

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    It makes me click, oh yes it does. Like I said, I've lived with ILE, and had several other loved ILE-ones. I love spending time with them, but being this heavily introverted (in the hermit-sense, one of mya duals calls me that...), I feel like LIIs understand me in a way ILEs don't, especially when hanging out with them for longer. I'm pretty visibly IP temperament most of the time and even if IJ does it a bit differently, there's still a lot I can relate to. Sp LIIs are my favourite choice for spendind a longer time together.

I'm really not religious about socionics like that, I like my activators (and even mirrors) as much as I like my duals. They're different. I could start self-typing myself ESE to make it seem like my LII partner is my dual, but I don't relate to ESE descriptions (my brother is one and whilst there are many similarities, I can certainly spot the differences too) and I don't believe duals are the only people you can be happy with. I'm in love with my activator and that's a proof good enough for me.
    I don't think you're ESE tbqh, imo you're beta NF and I'm begining to think EIE. IMO, you're a ni-subtype. You've said yourself that your life is a performance, and imo your life is a performance and your current typing is merely a performance. Not that it's a bad or inauthentic performance, but still a performance.

I think from your writing you're driven by belief in yourself and your emotional associations, rather then analysis or practical assessments. The fact that you've lived with ILEs and have had other loved ILE-ones and still persist in a IJ rational type as being more compatible and enjoyable to be around for extended periods just reinforce that analysis. The issue with activity relations is that they build and build to a point where you will want to separate. These are relations where people cannot stay together for too long as the emotional/psychological pressure builds up and explodes. The fights are brief and minor and easily resolved but still there needs to be some distance for things to work out.

Everything you've self-reported points to activity relations being something else. I don't think you're a expert on socionics but activity relations generally require individuals to be totally independent and not spend a lot of time together. Spending too much time together means inevitable, fights, tiredness(from incompatible rationality/irrationality) and incompatibility.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Activation

Also SEIs imo althrough they are introverts, they're SF's and that means they are not prone to sitting around doing things in their private world, but rather these are sensors and always out doing something social and "physically" interacting.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't think you're ESE tbqh, imo you're beta NF and I'm begining to think EIE. IMO, you're a ni-subtype. You've said yourself that your life is a performance, and imo your life is a performance and your current typing is merely a performance. Not that it's a bad or inauthentic performance, but still a performance.
    It bothers me how people here tend to talk about their ideas/typings (that are usually based on very limited information) almost as if they were facts. Not that I know her well, but from what I've seen & heard I have a really hard time believing aivo could be a Si porl or an E type. It's of course possible that I'm only seeing what I expect to see, but she appears very sensual and I'll eat my hat if she's not an introvert.
    If she's not SEI my other guess would be either IEI or Si-SLI (that has put a lot of effort in developing her Fe)..
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    It bothers me how people here tend to talk about their ideas/typings (that are usually based on very limited information) almost as if they were facts. Not that I know her well, but from what I've seen & heard I have a really hard time believing aivo could be a Si porl or an E type. It's of course possible that I'm only seeing what I expect to see, but she appears very sensual and I'll eat my hat if she's not an introvert.
    I'm only using information she has presented as well as the information she is using to communicate, maybe she is SEI or a sensor but the way she communicates is not very sensual and lacks sensing and in some cases devalues it. And socionics is in the end about communication, it could be bad english or something tho, so I won't discount that. I'm a judicious type and I'm far less decisive about her typing than she is about her typing, or at least more open to the possibility that I can be wrong. She however has a way of speaking that is very decisive.

As I'm ILE, my skepticism is going to be expected.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post875506

Also take a look at this post here, it's sensory information, sure but the character is very negative, dis-pleasurable, something to be escaped via drugs.

But the positive imagery is not sensory..

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua
    I'm high and tall and I have my head in a huge white cloud of whipped cream
    How does one relate to that internal experience, right.. with imagination. How do I experience what she experience, or how can she provide that experience for someone else? That's right, through imagination.

She's a good and emotional writer, but I can't get a grasp of her experience, there is a sensory experience there, but it's like a bad taste in your mouth.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    How does one relate to that internal experience, right.. with imagination. How do I experience what she experience, or how can she provide that experience for someone else? That's right, through imagination.

She's a good and emotional writer, but I can't get a grasp of her experience, there is a sensory experience there, but it's like a bad taste in your mouth.
    I don't know about a bad taste in your mouth, but I thought the bit you posted was referring to how she is literally high... things are happening she doesn't know why... her attention is locked in a flowing present... she mentions over and over how she will not remember a damn thing... and it's like her consciousness is lost in a huge white cloud of whipped cream.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't know about a bad taste in your mouth, but I thought the bit you posted was referring to how she is literally high... things are happening she doesn't know why... her attention is locked in a flowing present... she mentions over and over how she will not remember a damn thing... and it's like her consciousness is lost in a huge white cloud of whipped cream.
    No no, it wasn't the whipped cream, that was like the only positive experience that was in the post. Most of it seems dreadfully frightening and uncomfortable.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perception of sensation would imply awareness of the negative and the positive...

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Perception of sensation would imply awareness of the negative and the positive...
    I think the focus on the negative while the only positive is imaginary and not able to be grasped in a concrete sense is not really indicative of ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai-chan
    I remember the past summer days. The days that made me feel like a fish, suddenly aware of the water all around. Who left her scent lingering around market squares just to dig her way up pretty ladies' noses, through their burning nerves to burn her marks to their memory, now and forever. But that's mundane now. I take it for granted and won't remember a damned thing.
    I think this is more weak Si verbalization than strong Si, even more so than the negativity but the idea that this is mundane, somehow meaningless and something to be taken for granted. Something which she can throw away.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know why you think the whip cream thing is positive. (or negative) If I were to slap a label to it, I'd say negative because ones mind is lost. But I could see it being positive as well because there's nothing to keep one from experiencing regular things in altered ways that make them seem different than before.

I don't actually understand what the bit you just quoted even means or why it would be important not to take it for granted or something... maybe it was the feeling of being dirty or smelling like pot or something? when it started you might be aware and self-conscious of that but then eventually you would just get used to it as though it's not even there, let alone a big deal. Eventually recurring things get taken for granted and don't register sharply as they did in the beginning when they were new. The mind just finds shorter and shorter (more efficient) ways of processing them and what began as very involved becomes a simple abbreviation of reality. It's sad, but often the case... it could be in a way the cheapening of one's existence almost I guess.

Anyway I feel like I probably disagree with you in essence. Not about her type (I don't have an opinion) but about how that post couldn't come from an Si ego.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anyway I feel like I probably disagree with you in essence. Not about her type (I don't have an opinion) but about how that post couldn't come from an Si ego.
    It could, sure, but I don't believe it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    What do you mean by "beta-like social events"?

I'm often uncomfortable at gatherings where there's too much "intensity". It's hard to describe, I guess I mean when people are too wild and destructive. I assume that's what most people mean by "beta atmosphere"...
    You kind of shift between ILI and IEI right?

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "beta-like social events"?
    Involving everyone in the same activity, avoiding smaller, more intimate groups... Competitive atmosphere, power structures (I can take them, but they seem kinda pointless to me).

My ideal socializing consists of a few good friends (small groups, 1-4 people+me), relaxed and happy atmosphere, comfort (good food, slow eating, coffee, wine and weed), playful intellectual conversations ( @Aquagraph, I started missing our conversations when I wrote that )...
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you just make me think there aren't many differences with any Ixxps.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Some of you just make me think there aren't many differences with any Ixxps.
    It's the temperament... Oh yeah, I see myself a lot more as IP than EJ temperament, I'm sometimes even extremely passive, kind of like I'm waiting for a spark to react to but won't start a fire by myself, and I have a strong tendency of just accepting things as they come and go, trying to take an advantage of a situation rather than molding it, unless it's about those few special things I'm completely devoted to. Oh, yeah, and I also enjoy just sitting around doing nothing, sniffing on the air, breathing and concentrating on how the air feels in my lungs, feeling connected to what's around me, staring at the sea, hugging trees, whatever...
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think what you mentioned ^ is specifically beta...
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...le=Beta_Quadra ?

Preference for larger groups where participation is "collective" rather than focused on individuals for any length of time, but with likely "domination" by more assertive individuals. This means that beta groups discuss topics that everyone could contribute to.
    When larger social events are organized by Betas (such as parties, receptions etc), they show an inclination to promote activities that will lead to the guests involved as a single group, such as games and shows; dislike for the "quieter" form of events where guests tend to quietly form smaller groups in more intimate atmospheres, which Betas tend to see as boring.

• Beta types don't so much enjoy relaxed personal activities as they do competitive group activities.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

People, even those unaware of socionics, often tell me I'm one of the most sensual people they know. I'm able to get sensory pleasure practically out of anything. I've sometimes just lied on the floor and rubbed it with my hands and felt like orgasming for an eternity (sober). Or lied on top of a tumble dryer ejoying the warmth and rocking sensation.
    I would not say this is valuing, I've met many very sensual NF's as well as very fidgety and neurotic NF's about sensing. Aqua seens to be able to find relationship pleasure out of anything as well, does that make him base function? What I like about ego is their ability to communicate and help others experience their sensory experiences and emotions, not their ability to indulge themselves.

I've started to think I might be SEI-Fe (or IEI-Fe) with a good balance/connection between base and role functions. I kind of feel like I'm able to access the big picture/the underlying patterns through sensory data. I think it was pictured pretty well in the movie Perfume: the story of a murderer. My LSD usage (I've eaten acid maybe around 10-15 times) has made this even stronger. However, I kind of feel like I need to have Ti'ish clear maps, logical systems and correct tools that speak to my senses to handle the intuition... A surface to dive through. E.g. ritual/sigil/sexual magick, tarot... Different spiritual/social/psychological/philosophical maps, systems and theories.

EIE feels like something I'd like to be. I know it sounds a bit weird that my self-typing is SEI and I admire my supervisee type, but that's how I roll, I guess I have a tendency to like weird and unpleasant things in general. I could see myself being kind of Se-valuing... But that could be ADD-related. I don't necessarily like being ordered around, but I know that's what I sometimes really need.

However, there's a little problem in typing me IEI or EIE... The quadra. Almost all of my close friends are alpha (one possible delta, who dates an alpha I hang out with a lot). I'm uncomfortable in beta-like social events. The only thing I could relate to in beta descriptions is that I love dramatic and intense self-expression, at least when I get to do it. Only as theatre, though, or as a part of a ritual/as a way of leading me to different states of consciousness. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I enjoy beta entertainment and art. It feels somehow impersonal enough, I can just sit back and watch it without getting involved unless I want to drown myself into it.

I have a strong imagination, which could be IEI'ish? I developed it in my child and teen years, so it coul've also been my way of escaping the sensorily unpleasant surroundings (I lived in a very ugly and noisy place with my messy, messy, messy father, and finally moving away from there made me come out of my shell and feel better about life)... The inside of my head is heavily centered on past sensory experiences – I'm adept at recreating physical/neural sensations without external stimuli. As a kid, I used to think of dramatic, sad or otherwise intense scenarios and stories in order to produce intense physical/neural "emotions", kind of like the physical side of feeling heartbroken, out of breath etc...

Agh, I'm having trouble keeping this post organized and forgot a lot of the things I was gonna write about... I think I'll go for a walk and see if I'll post more later. In the meantime, please feel welcome to express your thoughts on the matter.
    Imo, you don't seem to value much, from what I've bolded. You also instead of actively changing the ugly/noisy/messy place by making it not so messy decided to go into your head and imagination, although this could be just because you were a child, but I think sensors could deal with this in a more direct fashion. I think you are able to experience and want to experience sensual things, but largely imo you do this thru your imagination. Which you can use to simulate the effect of many physical ailments and symptoms.

Also from the begining of your participation on the site here, I thought you might be a bit hypochondriac, now I'm led to believe it a bit more. However I think your manifestation might be more Münchausen syndrome since I think you have a little self-awareness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai-chan
    As a kid, I used to think of dramatic, sad or otherwise intense scenarios and stories in order to produce intense physical/neural "emotions", kind of like the physical side of feeling heartbroken, out of breath etc...
    Of course there are probably reasons for this such as your upbringing, which is a risk factors for this. Note, I am not trying to judge you, since you seem like a fun and cool person to hang out with regardless.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Assuming aivonua is indeed e4, and looking at her preferred cultural niche, it's plausible scratch that it's certain (see above post), that stereotypical Si Base tastes and superpowers are channelled in atypical ways. More resistance or appreciation for sensations usually considered unpleasant or undesirable.

She has also mentioned her cookie-baking ways and strong identification with alpha values as described. Alpha atmospheres may have become preferable due to her original sensory sensitivity, but to have changed to the extend of having mostly Alpha very nears and dears seems more unlikely than the alternative SEI typing.

Finally, this may be a conflict of perception between 4D Si playing around and 1D Si dualseeking going "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS THIS IS STUPID."
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Assuming aivonua is indeed e4, and looking at her preferred cultural niche, it's plausible scratch that it's certain (see above post), that stereotypical Si Base tastes and superpowers are channelled in atypical ways. More resistance or appreciation for sensations usually considered unpleasant or undesirable.

She has also mentioned her cookie-baking ways and strong identification with alpha values as described. Alpha atmospheres may have become preferable due to her original sensory sensitivity, but to have changed to the extend of having mostly Alpha very nears and dears seems more unlikely than the alternative SEI typing.

Finally, this may be a conflict of perception between 4D Si playing around and 1D Si dualseeking going "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS THIS IS STUPID."
    Naw, it's more like 1D Si DS telling 1D or 2D Si super-ego, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS THIS IS STUPID."

I think she's more EIE, as I've PoLR hit her already, but given my experience with EIE's it's best if I just avoid this discussion in the future and let her be... which means she's going to stalk and harass me until I come to her point of view...()

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably not. I don't need to convince anyone of my type, really. I use socionics as a tool to understand me and others, and for now, my self-typing has served me well enough in this purpose. I see no reason to change it for now if I can't relate to the descriptions of other types. You are free to think what you want of me – although I wish you direct your speculations about my type to this thread – I'm usually quite indifferent to what people think of me unless I find it useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ai-chan
    EIE feels like something I'd like to be.
    Well you relate to the description of EIE, so EIE it is.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where exactly?
    In hkkmr's version of socionics you're EIE and he is SEI.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can relate to some points of it, but I still (personally) relate to SEI (and even IEI) more, because I'm really sceptical about the Si PoLRness.
    I think you're PoLR or at the very least super-ego. You're very private about these sensations and reveal them only to trusted individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ai-chan
    I don't like sharing my states with people I don't trust
    The thing about the ego is that this is a very public area of life. You will share this with anyone, the guy on the street corner, anyone. The super-ego is the side you hide except from people who you think won't hurt you.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THOSE D-THINGS MEAN
    He's talking about your Polr, demonstrative, and role function in a geeky Model A fashion?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how that makes me Si PoLR. I'm really private overall, and other people have had problems with how my precense affects them – I can be pretty intense without even doing anything. Like I said, I've taken up special practice to control my inner sensations and the amount I leak them out. Of course, some will show even to strangers, but ask anyone who has had any kind of physical intimacy with me (OR who have gotten intoxicated with me ) and they'll tell you it's just... So much more intense than my typical, everyday "doo-deh-dam, I baked you cookies, here, have a coy smile, bye for now" -self.

Besides, where does it say Si is about transferring the sensations to others? Especially without choosing to do so? It's about introverted sensing.

Plus, I still don't see Ni very strong in me. I'm usually crap at thinking any further than my nose and need tools, maps and systems for seeing recurring patterns. However, Ni is still a bit of a mystery to me – I'd appreciate a detailed, practical explanation about it if someone happens to know more about it.
    Unless you have already said so and I overlooked it, may I ask how you currently define Si polr for yourself? Or if you are going by a stock description, which one/s?
    Last edited by golden; 06-06-2012 at 01:29 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not paying a lot of attention to aesthetic detail, not being aware of one's own physical states and sensations, possibly also not being able to relax or "chill" and enjoy the pleasurable sensations here and now.

I guess I'll still have to ponder on this. If something turns out to be more useful in understanding the world in- and outside of me, then I'll just change my self-typing.
    I believe myself to be Si-polr (info in my profile is a joke) and am very attuned to aesthetic detail. I have to manage aesthetics extremely carefully or I get despondent. An SEI friend of mine has pointed out that I choose absolutely every object based on its aesthetic qualities, more so even than she.

I control my everyday environment as much as I possibly can because I am apparently not good at making internal adjustments to the outer world. If a public environment (restaurant etc.--it's often a restaurant) is displeasing to me, I can get overwhelmed and have to leave it quickly and in a state of high discomfort that to some people looks neurotic.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    I believe myself to be Si-polr (info in my profile is a joke) and am very attuned to aesthetic detail. I have to manage aesthetics extremely carefully or I get despondent. An SEI friend of mine has pointed out that I choose absolutely every object based on its aesthetic qualities, more so even than she.

I control my everyday environment as much as I possibly can because I am apparently not good at making internal adjustments to the outer world. If a public environment (restaurant etc.--it's often a restaurant) is displeasing to me, I can get overwhelmed and have to leave it quickly and in a state of high discomfort that to some people looks neurotic.
    I had a idea when I was reading a psychology article on neurotic-ism and I think it can apply here. Forget the article but here is the idea on how the ego/super-ego functions are viewed within an individual.

1st Function - Base: Best (Inert, Bold) You feel as if you are the best here, there's nothing to prove, you flaunt this.
    2nd Function - Creative: Better (Contact, cautious) This is a area of competition, you can be better at this than others.
    3rd Function - Role: Good (enough) (Contact, bold) You can be good here, (enough), you have to be good here in order to succeed.
    4th Function - PoLR: Perfect (avoidant/neurotic) (Inert, cautious) You need to be perfect here, otherwise you will be punished.

I would say in socionics, "Perfect is the enemy of better", "Best is enemy of good", which would characterize the conflict between these elements in communication as well.

I think people perform a level of perfectionism in both the 1st function and the 4th function, but one is neurotic and the other is normal. One builds esteem and the other is based in anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Normal vs. neurotic perfectionists
    Hamachek was one of the first psychologists to argue for two distinct types of perfectionism, classifying people as normal perfectionists or neurotic perfectionists. Normal perfectionists pursue perfection without compromising their self-esteem, and derive pleasure from their efforts. Neurotic perfectionists strive for unrealistic goals and consistently feel dissatisfied when they cannot reach them.[5] Today researchers largely agree that these two basic types of perfectionism are distinct.[6] They have been labeled differently, and are sometimes referred to as positive striving and maladaptive evaluation concerns, active and passive perfectionism, positive and negative perfectionism, and adaptive and maladaptive perfectionism.[7] Although there is a general perfectionism that affects all realms of life, some researchers contend that levels of perfectionism are significantly different across different domains (i.e. work, academic, sport, interpersonal relationships, home life).[3]
    Some content from the wiki.

I find it very common for EIE's to be neurotically focused(sorry Confimed) on 4th function issues due to anxiety vs esteem and it's my observation that ai-chan's expressions are rooted in anxiety rather than esteem.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aivonua, I think you probably know your type better than anyone else here could. "What's My Type?" threads on this forum are kind of an exercise in futility, as everyone sees what they want to see even when they don't really know you well at all. My own type me thread went nowhere for six pages until I purposely killed it; it was also inconclusive between SEI and IEI. Some people have good points, sure, but it's hard to cull the wheat from the chaff.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aivonua, answer my question here
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is type related
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hkkmr

I was just browsing through Si PoLR thread to ponder on whether I'm Si PoLR or not and spotted something I found worth mentioning...

I'm one of those people who could talk about how pretty/tasty/good smelling/etc something is for ages and drown myself into it for eternity, and I frequently try to get other people to look/taste/listen/feel/smell the things I find pleasurable. That'd probably speak for me not being Si PoLR, but of course it isn't all there is.
    Yet instead of really talking about yourself, you talk more about meaning and instead of talking about how things actually feel, imo you get imaginative about how to describe it.

I constantly feel all kinds of zaps, buzzes and blobs in my body and nervous system, and I actually feel like they're my substitute for inner emotions. I don't feel "sad", I feel like my guts are drowning into a pool of black slime. I don't feel "happy", I feel like I had warm bubbles tickling my lungs or like I had warm, fresh air inside my skull. I don't feel "angry", I feel like millions of little ants were crawling up my arms and piling blocks of burning acid on my chest.
    Have you drowned in a pool of black slime? Have you had warm fresh air in your skull? Have you had millions of little ants crawling up your arm or piles of burning acid on your chest? It all seems quite imaginative doesn't it. How do I sense what you sense? I can't, I can use my imagination to do so, but I don't want to... I want to sense it.. and I don't think as a person I can, not that I would want to sense any of the things you're talking about.

When you start describing things in a sensory fashion instead of sensory things in a imaginative fashion, it will make more sense to me that you're a sensor. I've been waiting for you to get practical, concrete, and sensory like... but instead you're the one asking for others to be practical concrete and sensory like... *sigh

I'd appreciate a detailed, practical explanation
    I just want some ... *sigh

Also imo Ashton complains about things being aesthetically unpleasing quite often, much like Confimed has expressed about herself. Given most of the sensory experiences you have provided, I find find a majority of them to be negative and unpleasant.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also, do you really expect to hop into someone else's Si over the internet, or am I missing something?

What's that like?
    If you know how to do that, I would love to call you a ego.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hkkmr, is there a reason for ignoring so many of my questions? Just interested.
    Some questions, the only answer I have is silence.

Oh yeah, about romancing styles... I've been thinking of them and this is what I've got:

I dated an SLE guy once, he was my first boyfriend. I felt uneasy with his demanding and aggressive style, and eventually broke down from it, after which I got myself back together and dumped him. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

(One thing I'm able to relate in victim descriptions is the tendency to have doubts about feelings, on both sides... It was worse before, though, and not very relevant to me anymore. I guess it could've been not type related, and rather the result of being heavily bullied in school.
    )

Since that, I've lived with an ILE, am currently in a happy, long-term relationship with an LII, and have had brief romantic flings with a couple of ILEs – eventually turning into friendships for now, though. I'm a sucker for infantiles, really – especially their strange, goofy behavior and cute moments. My boyfriend knows this and uses it against me, making cute sad faces if I'm angry in order to make me laugh – and is often very successful in this.

I'm the kinda girlfriend who goes around asking if my partner would like something to eat, would like something to drink, would like me to do something for them, is comfortable... And if they let me, I'd gladly chose their clothes for them.

I'm hanging out with my ILE ex right now and just a moment ago, I had a hige urge to pet him because he looked so cute. We're going to the store to buy us something yummy to eat now. Yup, I relate to caregiver descriptions a lot... But what do I know.
    I believe you relate to caregiver description and you act exactly the way you say you do.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwwwkay... Well, if you have any opposing views, let me know and I'll look on them, I guess.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Awwwwkay... Well, if you have any opposing views, let me know and I'll look on them, I guess.
    I'm a skeptical person, and you've given me a few reason to not accept ego. I think unless those reasons which I've expressed disappear, it's unlikely for me to change my mind. I have been wrong before so I am open to you changing my mind in the future.

I'm summarize a bit of a few things I've noted

1. Sensory expression is imaginative and unique rather than sensory (Introverted sensing is still sensing), it is not based on past experience
    2. Sensory expression often delves into darker and more unpleasant sensations
    3. Not averse to struggle, conflict, emotionally driven striving, a valuation of willpower, this is however not strong but driven by emotion
    4. Averse to public discourse concerning issues, prefer private discourse, more open to imagination, theatrics and performance

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The beta quadra description is flawed imo...

I think hkkmr wants you to talk about some food you've cooked before he'll accept you as his dual

shhhhh you're giving it away...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beta quadra description is flawed imo...
    Enlighten us then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did, see above.
    I just skimmed up at least 8 posts. Didn't see anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I read that earlier. I didn't know you meant that. That's just your experiences though. I thought you had a definition for Beta in general.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind this shit, aivo. You're SEI and we know it. They have some theories. Some disagree but the people who have met you think otherwise.
    We are freaks so it's very natural we are seen as EIEs.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Never mind this shit, aivo. You're SEI and we know it. They have some theories. Some disagree but the people who have met you think otherwise.
    I would say that she is ego of some sort, but most of the "caregiver" attributes I've seen from all egos esp female ones.

However her verbalization indicates she wants people to sacrifice their own well-being for others and that to do otherwise is irresponsible.

Now it could be she's young and such and hasn't figured herself out yet, and is still experimental with different ways of thinking, so if she's still the way she is in 10 years, it's impossible to accept her viewpoints and expressions as that of a SEI.

But rather a EJ humanitarian type, who prefers stable IJ individuals vs unstable EP individuals, which is her own preference.

Typing can only be done concerning what one reveals of oneself, luckily most of what one is willing to reveal of oneself freely is the ego functions. Nobody is trying to retype her for malicious reasons or to question her identity and actions, but rather most people just are giving their observations based on years of studying this topic. Despite all the wrangling and type battles, I would say a majority of the members here are typed accurately after oftentimes long periods of type questioning. This is often inevitable as people are young and still coming into their own and playing with different roles/beliefs/and worldviews, however thru time and maturation, a authentic identity is formed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aivo don't take this the wrong way, but you come across as entirely too harsh to be SEI. I get major conflicting vibes from you. Like...if I had met you in real life I'd be scared shitless. It's not anything wrong with you, but you just make me really uncomfortable.

I'M SORRY.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    "it's funny 'cause it's true"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast