Thread: Sociotypograph - determine your type by selecting 3-4 Reinin traits

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

neat little tool.

introvert, static, and constructivist. eii or esi.

..yup.

I played around picking ones I'm not totally sure about and ended up pushing it either way and removing all the types lol.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't normally like Reinin's dichotomies, but this was the clearest and easiest format I've ever seen them in. I'm impressed. (and even better, it's not flashbased...I was able to use it on my iPad. Yay!

My most obvious aspects are:
    Ethical, Intuitive, Tactical,
    Irrational, Results-oriented, Carefree,
    Reasonable, Objective
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII (Robespierre)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    My most obvious aspects are:
    Ethical, Intuitive, Tactical,
    Irrational, Results-oriented, Carefree,
    Reasonable, Objective
    You seem to know too much about yourself :-) No type has all these traits. Why don't you choose only the most bullet-proof ones? At first, I thought you were "Yesenin", but the last three traits don't fit. (Note that some traits aren't that easy to define. For example, subjective/objective, aristocratic/democratic are usually hard to pin down.)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Zhilkin View Post
    You seem to know too much about yourself :-) No type has all these traits. Why don't you choose only the most bullet-proof ones? At first, I thought you were "Yesenin", but the last three traits don't fit. (Note that some traits aren't that easy to define. For example, subjective/objective, aristocratic/democratic are usually hard to pin down.)
    When reading through them,
    1) if I couldn't really see either fitting, then I left it blank.
    2) if I could see both possibly applying...as in unsure which would apply more than the other one, I left it blank.
    3) if I could only see one of the pair being applicable to myself, and the other no way in heck as fitting, I chose the applicable one.

It turns out..Huxly does have all these traits.

I would think it would be easier to know one's self than to know what's going on in another person.

For example, when I used your (cool) tool to see if I could figure out why a certain member on this board and I have so much difficulty with each other (according to reinin's traits), the only ones I felt confident applied to how she interacts with me and other members is Rational, Obstinate, and Subjective. This left LII, ESE, LSI, EIE as the possibile options.
    (Which helps explain a few things to me. But as confident as I am in those three dichotomies for her, I'd still rather wait to see what other people would choose for this member before forming a firmer opinion. That would be for a different thread though.)

The point of that example, though, was to show that it's easier to know what's going on in my own mind, and to notice how I act in other settings and contexts than forum interactions. And to know which ones keep showing up consistently. While when typing someone else, the typer is limited to certain contexts, and doesn't get to see the whole picture of the person being typed.

Edited to add:
    I just used this to see which ones seem to fit my 16 year old daughter.
    Ethical, Sensing, Farsighted
    (edited to delete static and obstinate, didn't know how to do a strike through)
    (seems to help support my SeFi typing for her)

I'm leaning torwards process-oriented for her, especially since her major difficulties of tuning in and out and switching between things easily is a major part of what led to her moderate-to-severe autism issues (causing the majority of her social issues). But it could be a toss-up between if process-oriented issues led to autism diagnosis, or if autism led to process-oriented option. I'm more inclined to think the former, though.

This test might have actually helped point me into further directions to explore in my attempts to help her. Thank you, again. You've no idea how much this alternative means to me. This weekend I'll run this test by her and see what she thinks of it.
    Last edited by anndelise; 05-17-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: deleted static and obstinate from daughter's list
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII (Robespierre)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It turns out..Huxly does have all these traits.
    Oh, yes, indeed. My mistake.