Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
Actually, I have a question for cracka: do ESTJs take pride in dismissing what could be described as more "visonary" projects (like Jefferson described Washington)?

I ask because, ISTPs are different in that respect, though we seem to enjoy severing off that old Fe function, and it doesn't seem to bother us much. Actually, I've often considered a lack of Fe a strength.
I missed your post before but i'll see if I can answer it, I don't exactly know the answer you're looking for but here's what I came up with.

From my point of view...An ESTJ wouldn't dismiss something like the way Jefferson described Washington because of who it was written by and who it was about, even if it was a sort of visionary story of Washington... Now, if someone came up to me and just started telling me this same story of Washington and there's no way I know that they know what they'd be talking about, then yes, i'm sure I'd dismiss it. since to me, I can't see any proof in what they are saying, vs. a historian who knows more of Washington than he actually knew of himself, i wouldn't dismiss it..It's about if it's more factual than not to me, the source would have to make sense. I don't know if I've bounced around your question enough...lol
On a more broad spectrum of your question...
as for ESTJ's taking pride in dismissing visionary projects, i'd have to see another example to really answer what I think you're looking for.