Iron man, SLE
    Hulk, SLI
    Natasha LIE
    Fury LSE
    Hawkeye ESI
    Thor SLE
    Captain America LSI
    Loki EIE

What do you think? The only ones I'm really confident in are Loki and Iron man.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I really liked the idea of Stark being SEE and the Hulk being ILI, Traditionally the concept of the Hulk is a somewhat Fe oriented thing but in this movie I think it was fairly evident that he was extremely detached from his emotional world. As for Stark I view his technical prowess as a less important observation with regards to typing him than the fact that he completely creates his own authority. He's very obviously decided that the only things important to him are the things that he decides are important to him. In that sense I think while he does get involved in some special occasions he also seems fairly emotionally not involved in them and does things like react emotionally contradictory to the situations he's involved in.

I've played with the idea of making them an alpha dual pair, ESE and LII since Stark in the movie is constantly trying to obtain some level of physical comfort in the form of fine food or fine things but I really don't see much Fe coming out of that man. For what it's worth Potts might be IEI, probably some introverted type but I haven't given it much thought.

As for the two of them, they have to be duals. I refuse to live in a world were they are not duals their relationship may have been the most awesome part of that movie and they only got like three scenes together.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stark is SLE. Hulk is ILI. I actually thought about ILI for him too. That would make them semi-duals. close enough. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Stark is SLE. Hulk is ILI. I actually thought about ILI for him too. That would make them semi-duals. close enough. lol
    Yeah, true story. Ok I'm happy then.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potts is ESI, I think. Maybe even EII. That isn't duality with Stark.

Hulk ili, but probably played by a SxI actor.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Potts is ESI, I think. Maybe even EII. That isn't duality with Stark.

Hulk ili, but probably played by a SxI actor.
    Right, I forgot to amend that to not duality now that I accept stark as SLE. I mean both of those make their relationship make more sense I think so kudos.
    Easy Day

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stark is definitely SLE. My SLE friend is utterly convinced they are identicals. I haven't seen Avengers though
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iron man - ILE
    Hulk - SLI
    Natasha - LIE
    Fury - LSE
    Hawkeye - LSI
    Thor - SLE
    Captain America - ESI
    Loki - IEI

I agree with most of your typings redbaron, but to me Iron man is ILE as they come and Captain America is ESI, their conflictor relationship is quite clear.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just got back from the theater. That was a good movie. And here are my fresh thoughts on typings.

Iron Man: SEE He has a very forceful personality and a carefree spirit. Unlike SLEs, Stark is likeable. Even though he's so pushy. His attitude reminds me of woofl and another SEE guy I know. He can be serious, but not as quickly as a logical type would.

Hulk: SSM Stupid sensory monster. Why are you trying to type The Hulk?

Natasha: LIE She's logical. I thought her career choice made her more likely to be an irrational, but I don't think any of those types fit her. Intuitive makes sense. LIE is fine with me.

Fury LIE I know he looks LSE, but he pulls some small lies that I think would bother an LSE more than an LIE. And is there any reason for him to be a sensor?

Hawkeye ESI I didn't get to see much of his personality, but he's an introvert. And his relationship to Natasha really felt like duality.

Thor PIE He sorta reminded me of Boromir. I don't really see why he can't be SLE, but he's an alien, so he gets his own typology.

Captain America LSE He's the one I could best relate to. Maybe because he was old-fashioned, but it seemed whatever he did was what I would do in that situation. Besides, isn't he the leader? LSIs aren't leaders.

Loki EIE Who am I to disagree with Captain America?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Iron man LSE
    Hulk SLI
    Natasha SEE
    Fury SLI
    Hawkeye SLI
    Thor protecting people, looks like SLE but acts like EII
    Captain America SLE - they have no problem in taking up a leadership position and getting the job done.
    Loki ILE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    IFury SLI
    Well, at least one of those makes sense. Who thinks Fury could be SLI-Te?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Well, at least one of those makes sense. Who thinks Fury could be SLI-Te?
    I def. think Fury could be delta ST.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iron Man ILE
    Pepper Potts SEI
    Hulk LII
    Natasha SEE
    Hawkeye SLI
    Fury LSE
    Marie Hill SLI
    Captain America ESI
    Loki EIE
    Phil Coulson ILI

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A lot of the movie is the contrast between Stark and Captain America.

Like when they get to the ship, he's all up in the computer systems and hacking while Captain decides to take a more physical route and snoop around.

Also Stark is very good at assessing the potential of people and situations, as he sussed out things long before he put them into play. Like the Hulk, he was basically egging the Hulk on and knew he would show up as the green monster during the event. He also hired himself a new scientists.

And he's also explaining things in a way to be totally over the top of everyone's head.

Quote Originally Posted by After dying
    Tony Stark: You ever try Shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't what it is, but I want to try it.
    I really don't think self-sacrifice to save millions of people is type related.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i made plans to go see this on friday.

ugh.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wild guesses:

Iron Man LIE
    Captain America LSE
    Superman LSE
    Spiderman LII
    Wolverine SLI
    The Punisher SLI
    Hulk ESE
    Bill Clinton SLE
    Ronald Reagan EIE
    Michio Kaku ILE
    Leila Lopes (Miss Universe 2011) IEI
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Superman LSE
    interesting because I've never liked Superman. Not even when I was little. He seems so stilted.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could we just say Iron Man is ILE and the actor is SLE?

interesting because I've never liked Superman. Not even when I was little. He seems so stilted.
    You need to watch the black and white movies. The modern superman is dull.

There still seems to be some disagreement on Hawkeye's type, and there hasn't been much argument. Why can't he be ESI and Natasha's dual?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie was ILE at the time I saw it and I even posted something about this but I can't find it. I don't know if I'd still agree with myself (others in the thread thought SLI for the character) and I can't remember the character very well anymore. I think I saw Pepper Potts as ESI and there being a continual issue regarding quadra values. But I don't know if I'd still see this.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the movie and I'm not going to type anybody, but I will say that I wouldn't have minded if they didn't include Thor in it. Loki I didn't particularly mind. Stark pretty good, Hulk alright, Captain America liked him less than I thought I would, the hawk guy sort of a middling non entity. Most of the people in SHIELD I liked, but I think that's because in super hero movies I tend to enjoy the non super heros that are competent a lot more than the main super awesome powerful people. It's something about their vulnerability in the face of implacable foes. I mean I don't really like to watch a group of more or less invulnerable people fighting stuff. That's kind of why I hate the Hulk.

The Black Widow I thought was probably the most interesting character in the movie, if only because she's more or less just an exceptionally talented martial artist that's intelligent and subtly manipulative. Her scene with Loki was probably my favorite in the entire film, as well as her fight scenes in Russia and against that other dude.

It sounds like I'm saying the movie was a lot worse than I thought it was, but I guess it's just that I enjoyed it overall more than I did for any of the individual characters for the most part.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an instant sense of ILE vs ESI from Iron Man and Captain America respectively.

Why doesn't anyone see Pepper Potts as SEI? The first Iron Man film shows just how an overactive ILE can forget to value the SEI in their life until later.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say an SEI would be more of a pushover. How about ESI for Pepper?

I still say Captain America is LSE. It's a basic leadership role. He prefers action to talking and is happy to leave technical stuff to others. He fights with a shield, which is exactly what I would prefer to do. But then again...he is blonde. Do LSEs come in blonde?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well having seen the movie three times now here's what I've got. Also I'm only using this movie, not any background from any of the heros' own movies.

Iron Man/Tony Stark: ILE

He is very much a narcissist and I think that is what may have confused me and others initially but after a few more viewings I think hkkmr was right, There are some fairly obvious Si+Fe values present in his behavior.

Hulk/Bruce Banner: XLI

I liked ILI before and I still do think that typing makes a lot of sense due to his intellectual prowess, but I'm pretty sure SLI's can be smart too. I'm not so sure about delta values or male SLIs when it comes to emotional expression as I have little real life experience with either however I do think his behavior has a few delta themes in his need to help others at the start of the movie. I think SLI also makes a lot of sense with regards to explaining his and Stark's relationship.

Thor: LXE

I'm not sure, he's fairly underdeveloped but he seems to exhibit a typical LSE behavior in his inability to make harsh judgments about anyone beyond a surface level. He does condemn his brother's actions but decidedly does not condemn his brother which makes me think Delta more than Gamma. But LIEs can act in a similar way at times. Obvious Fi values.

Steve Rogers/Captain America: ESI

I think his behavior is a bit reminiscent of ESIs in that he places his job or mission as his first and foremost priority and his relationships with others as second. I also think his need to actually physically investigate the nuclear weapons that shield wants to build are not so much a Se PoLR thing to do. However, I could see an argument for EII as he is very much a peace maker. I think this typing makes a lot of sense with relation to Thor's type, they seem to get along very amiably and Captain America also does a good job of handling Thor's entrance scene in a way that I don't think offended Thor at all. I also think this typing makes sense in relation to Stark's typing, the two don't get along very well most of the time and he doesn't seem to value Ne specifically when it comes to his explaining Loki's behavior to stark right before they figure out Loki want's Stark tower. He claims Loki wanted to divide and conquer and really doesn't seem that interested in investigating the issue further as I view Ne values would sort of necessitate.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow: Beta introvert?

I'm not so confident about this typing. She does seem to have an ideological connection to the organization she was previously a part of, she makes comments about how she needs to "Remove the red from her ledger" so she doesn't seem interested in doing good for the sake of good but does like the idea of being a part of something she views as meaningful. I think her and Hawkeye's relationship makes sense if they are a introverted beta activity pair, but they could also be identicals. Her ability to be a sort of social chameleon and manipulate people through that venue make me think IEI over LSI but beyond that I think she sort of shifts between those two types throughout the movie.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye: LSI

There really isn't much to go on besides his relationship with Balck Widow, I do like LSI for his comment near the end of the movie "You and I seem to remember Budapest very differently" which is a reaction I view as very necessary in getting along with an EIE. He doesn't say she's wrong but does acknowledge the difference. This is mostly just a theme I see instead of an actual typing.

Loki: EIE

This one is fairly obvious, he truly believes he is in the right in his quest to enslave humanity which displays a sort of mental delusion I would think is common of an EIE archetype, also obvious Se values. Beyond the character though, it's a comic book and duh. Comic books need EIE villains, it's how they work.

Agent Phil Coulson: LII

It's what others seem to think and I like this typing as well. I'm not very confident in it, but he does have a bit of quirky-ness to him that is endearing. Seems to exhibit Fe values.

Agent Maria Hill: LIE

She has like 20 lines in the whole movie so there is very very little to go on. I don't normally like typing on relations alone but she seems to be supervised by Nick Fury.

Professor Erick Selvig: EII

This typing makes sense to me in that yes he is a very smart individual but he also seems to treat the tesseract as if it is a person which makes me think Fi values. While he is under Loki's control he also seems very excited about "a whole new universe" toward the end of the movie, which sort of makes me think Ne values. I suppose IEE could make sense too.

Nick Fury: SLI

It's what other's think and I have no reason to argue. Again though, I don't have much experience with SLIs or delta values so *shrug* Does seem to exhibit strong Te though.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It looks like people want Bruce Banner to be ILI...I didn't see that in him, though. The Fe-PoLR feel. I still think Brilliand's suggestion of LII is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I mean, what girl wouldn't be into a billionaire, playboy, genius?
    Me. I think my logic is in control of my feelings now. And I know better than to be attracted to extroverts.

I also turn into a hulk when I'm angry (drunk).
    Note to forum members: alcohol makes Starfall turn green.

I think Captain America was ESI. Definitely from a Fi & Te valuing quadra. Serious Gamma mentality. He was also kind of boring. Actually, I could also see LSE for him. Boring, boring, boring.
    There it is again. People type him ESI without a good reason for him not to be LSE. I still think he's LSE.
    I am an LSE. I have been mistaken for an ESI and an LSI. Interesting: those are what he's been types as. Coincidence?
    (I can hardly believe I'm trying to convince people I'm identicals with a blonde.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get very giggly when drunk. And if I'm with people I like, I might start hugging them. Doesn't matter if it's girls or guys.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really want Hawkeye and Black Widow to be duals Director Abbie I suppose I could see Black Widow as EIE.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    If you really want Hawkeye and Black Widow to be duals Director Abbie I suppose I could see Black Widow as EIE.
    It looks like you're way outvoted on Black Widow, JWC. Most people type her as LIE. But why would an LSI be any more likely to say that quote than an ESI? Which type would be more interested in knowing how many people were killed because of him?

A lot of people have been typing Captain America as ESI. And a lot of them have good reasoning. But I have yet to see a reason he can't be LSE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like you're way outvoted on Black Widow, JWC. Most people type her as LIE. But why would an LSI be any more likely to say that quote than an ESI? Which type would be more interested in knowing how many people were killed because of him?

A lot of people have been typing Captain America as ESI. And a lot of them have good reasoning. But I have yet to see a reason he can't be LSE.
    Aw man, I hate it when I disagree with popular opinion *kicks dirt* This is the worst.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    I got an instant sense of ILE vs ESI from Iron Man and Captain America respectively.

Why doesn't anyone see Pepper Potts as SEI? The first Iron Man film shows just how an overactive ILE can forget to value the SEI in their life until later.
    I can't see duality with Pepper and Stark. It's a movie, so it looks funny, but the actual relationship is bad. He's out of control to her, while he likes to see how far he can push his limits. She's the only person who doesn't laugh along, just kind of says "Ooookay", and nags him about stuff.

She's probably supervisor, but his ego is so big he thinks he can win her over eventually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why am I so attracted to big egos?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I can't see duality with Pepper and Stark. It's a movie, so it looks funny, but the actual relationship is bad. He's out of control to her, while he likes to see how far he can push his limits. She's the only person who doesn't laugh along, just kind of says "Ooookay", and nags him about stuff.

She's probably supervisor, but his ego is so big he thinks he can win her over eventually.
    SEI character played by EII actress?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hey Logos, how are you doing.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why am I so attracted to big egos?
    Because we're fucking SEXY AS HELL
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Gilly you have a big ego but not in the way that some Se dominants have big egos.. it's like there's your underlying insecurity but with them it's like pure unadulterated force

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    lol Gilly you have a big ego but not in the way that some Se dominants have big egos.. it's like there's your underlying insecurity but with them it's like pure unadulterated force
    Yeah yeah whatever

Don't get me started on you

I don't think it has anything to do with Se, by the way. A gajillion Se egos out there are insecure and flagrant about it, look at Courtney Love or Lindsay Lohan. Being Se doesn't make you "forceful;" I know plenty of Se egos who are total wusses, and LIIs I would never fuck with. I'm sick of this "Se = cocky confident" crap.

Also quit the bullshit self-reassurance. I know you self-type Se ego and all, so quit blowing up your own balloon. Talk about insecurity...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's some interesting typings here.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched Iron Man. He's more obviously ILE in that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Iron Man. He's more obviously ILE in that.
    Yeah I'm definitely buying ILE as his typing now. I need to see Iron Man also!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall bitch

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron man ILE.
    Captain America ILE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast