Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Superman LSE
    interesting because I've never liked Superman. Not even when I was little. He seems so stilted.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could we just say Iron Man is ILE and the actor is SLE?

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    interesting because I've never liked Superman. Not even when I was little. He seems so stilted.
    You need to watch the black and white movies. The modern superman is dull.

There still seems to be some disagreement on Hawkeye's type, and there hasn't been much argument. Why can't he be ESI and Natasha's dual?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

You need to watch the black and white movies. The modern superman is dull.

There still seems to be some disagreement on Hawkeye's type, and there hasn't been much argument. Why can't he be ESI and Natasha's dual?
    Sure why not.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an instant sense of ILE vs ESI from Iron Man and Captain America respectively.

Why doesn't anyone see Pepper Potts as SEI? The first Iron Man film shows just how an overactive ILE can forget to value the SEI in their life until later.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say an SEI would be more of a pushover. How about ESI for Pepper?

I still say Captain America is LSE. It's a basic leadership role. He prefers action to talking and is happy to leave technical stuff to others. He fights with a shield, which is exactly what I would prefer to do. But then again...he is blonde. Do LSEs come in blonde?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well having seen the movie three times now here's what I've got. Also I'm only using this movie, not any background from any of the heros' own movies.

Iron Man/Tony Stark: ILE

He is very much a narcissist and I think that is what may have confused me and others initially but after a few more viewings I think hkkmr was right, There are some fairly obvious Si+Fe values present in his behavior.

Hulk/Bruce Banner: XLI

I liked ILI before and I still do think that typing makes a lot of sense due to his intellectual prowess, but I'm pretty sure SLI's can be smart too. I'm not so sure about delta values or male SLIs when it comes to emotional expression as I have little real life experience with either however I do think his behavior has a few delta themes in his need to help others at the start of the movie. I think SLI also makes a lot of sense with regards to explaining his and Stark's relationship.

Thor: LXE

I'm not sure, he's fairly underdeveloped but he seems to exhibit a typical LSE behavior in his inability to make harsh judgments about anyone beyond a surface level. He does condemn his brother's actions but decidedly does not condemn his brother which makes me think Delta more than Gamma. But LIEs can act in a similar way at times. Obvious Fi values.

Steve Rogers/Captain America: ESI

I think his behavior is a bit reminiscent of ESIs in that he places his job or mission as his first and foremost priority and his relationships with others as second. I also think his need to actually physically investigate the nuclear weapons that shield wants to build are not so much a Se PoLR thing to do. However, I could see an argument for EII as he is very much a peace maker. I think this typing makes a lot of sense with relation to Thor's type, they seem to get along very amiably and Captain America also does a good job of handling Thor's entrance scene in a way that I don't think offended Thor at all. I also think this typing makes sense in relation to Stark's typing, the two don't get along very well most of the time and he doesn't seem to value Ne specifically when it comes to his explaining Loki's behavior to stark right before they figure out Loki want's Stark tower. He claims Loki wanted to divide and conquer and really doesn't seem that interested in investigating the issue further as I view Ne values would sort of necessitate.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow: Beta introvert?

I'm not so confident about this typing. She does seem to have an ideological connection to the organization she was previously a part of, she makes comments about how she needs to "Remove the red from her ledger" so she doesn't seem interested in doing good for the sake of good but does like the idea of being a part of something she views as meaningful. I think her and Hawkeye's relationship makes sense if they are a introverted beta activity pair, but they could also be identicals. Her ability to be a sort of social chameleon and manipulate people through that venue make me think IEI over LSI but beyond that I think she sort of shifts between those two types throughout the movie.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye: LSI

There really isn't much to go on besides his relationship with Balck Widow, I do like LSI for his comment near the end of the movie "You and I seem to remember Budapest very differently" which is a reaction I view as very necessary in getting along with an EIE. He doesn't say she's wrong but does acknowledge the difference. This is mostly just a theme I see instead of an actual typing.

Loki: EIE

This one is fairly obvious, he truly believes he is in the right in his quest to enslave humanity which displays a sort of mental delusion I would think is common of an EIE archetype, also obvious Se values. Beyond the character though, it's a comic book and duh. Comic books need EIE villains, it's how they work.

Agent Phil Coulson: LII

It's what others seem to think and I like this typing as well. I'm not very confident in it, but he does have a bit of quirky-ness to him that is endearing. Seems to exhibit Fe values.

Agent Maria Hill: LIE

She has like 20 lines in the whole movie so there is very very little to go on. I don't normally like typing on relations alone but she seems to be supervised by Nick Fury.

Professor Erick Selvig: EII

This typing makes sense to me in that yes he is a very smart individual but he also seems to treat the tesseract as if it is a person which makes me think Fi values. While he is under Loki's control he also seems very excited about "a whole new universe" toward the end of the movie, which sort of makes me think Ne values. I suppose IEE could make sense too.

Nick Fury: SLI

It's what other's think and I have no reason to argue. Again though, I don't have much experience with SLIs or delta values so *shrug* Does seem to exhibit strong Te though.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really want Hawkeye and Black Widow to be duals Director Abbie I suppose I could see Black Widow as EIE.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    If you really want Hawkeye and Black Widow to be duals Director Abbie I suppose I could see Black Widow as EIE.
    It looks like you're way outvoted on Black Widow, JWC. Most people type her as LIE. But why would an LSI be any more likely to say that quote than an ESI? Which type would be more interested in knowing how many people were killed because of him?

A lot of people have been typing Captain America as ESI. And a lot of them have good reasoning. But I have yet to see a reason he can't be LSE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like you're way outvoted on Black Widow, JWC. Most people type her as LIE. But why would an LSI be any more likely to say that quote than an ESI? Which type would be more interested in knowing how many people were killed because of him?

A lot of people have been typing Captain America as ESI. And a lot of them have good reasoning. But I have yet to see a reason he can't be LSE.
    Aw man, I hate it when I disagree with popular opinion *kicks dirt* This is the worst.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Robert Downey Jr. is Ne-IEE imo.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha perfect!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It looks like people want Bruce Banner to be ILI...I didn't see that in him, though. The Fe-PoLR feel. I still think Brilliand's suggestion of LII is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I mean, what girl wouldn't be into a billionaire, playboy, genius?
    Me. I think my logic is in control of my feelings now. And I know better than to be attracted to extroverts.

I also turn into a hulk when I'm angry (drunk).
    Note to forum members: alcohol makes Starfall turn green.

I think Captain America was ESI. Definitely from a Fi & Te valuing quadra. Serious Gamma mentality. He was also kind of boring. Actually, I could also see LSE for him. Boring, boring, boring.
    There it is again. People type him ESI without a good reason for him not to be LSE. I still think he's LSE.
    I am an LSE. I have been mistaken for an ESI and an LSI. Interesting: those are what he's been types as. Coincidence?
    (I can hardly believe I'm trying to convince people I'm identicals with a blonde.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get very giggly when drunk. And if I'm with people I like, I might start hugging them. Doesn't matter if it's girls or guys.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a feisty drunk.

Seriously though, if I'm angry or irritated I should avoid alcohol at all expense.
    Fuckin' same here.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    I got an instant sense of ILE vs ESI from Iron Man and Captain America respectively.

Why doesn't anyone see Pepper Potts as SEI? The first Iron Man film shows just how an overactive ILE can forget to value the SEI in their life until later.
    I can't see duality with Pepper and Stark. It's a movie, so it looks funny, but the actual relationship is bad. He's out of control to her, while he likes to see how far he can push his limits. She's the only person who doesn't laugh along, just kind of says "Ooookay", and nags him about stuff.

She's probably supervisor, but his ego is so big he thinks he can win her over eventually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why am I so attracted to big egos?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    why am I so attracted to big egos?
    Because we're fucking SEXY AS HELL
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Gilly you have a big ego but not in the way that some Se dominants have big egos.. it's like there's your underlying insecurity but with them it's like pure unadulterated force

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I can't see duality with Pepper and Stark. It's a movie, so it looks funny, but the actual relationship is bad. He's out of control to her, while he likes to see how far he can push his limits. She's the only person who doesn't laugh along, just kind of says "Ooookay", and nags him about stuff.

She's probably supervisor, but his ego is so big he thinks he can win her over eventually.
    SEI character played by EII actress?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's some interesting typings here.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched Iron Man. He's more obviously ILE in that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Iron Man. He's more obviously ILE in that.
    Yeah I'm definitely buying ILE as his typing now. I need to see Iron Man also!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen this. I thought Tony Stark was ILE (he seems to be pretty much the same character as in Iron Man). I'm not sure about Bruce Banner... I was tossing around IEI in my mind. He has this incredibly laid back way of coming across that seems really IP to me. I keep thinking back to that scene where he meets Romanoff and shouts, "Stop lying to me!" getting her to freak out and pull her weapon. Then he just kind of smiles and says he wanted to see what she would do. There's just something about using anger or an emotional display as a test that seems Fe related to me... it doesn't reflect his actual feelings necessarily as we don't know what his actual feelings are, but it's very calculated. He doesn't seem like a short fuse at all, but as someone who is perhaps rather emotionally savvy inside. He's not very expressive emotionally at all, but I think it's possible for a really detached IEI to be that way maybe. I'm also not sure about Thor. I had thought in the movie THOR that Thor was SLE, at least I think that's what I thought. However, now I've been wondering about something like ESE. Thor seems really impulsive based on feelings... it's easy to rile him up so he'll get mad and start throwing his hammer around and he seems to have no emotional cork (his heart is on his sleeve). He also thinks very little before rushing in with his hammer (something that Loki takes advantage of a lot). I wasn't sure how to interpret his regard for Loki either. I thought it was rather sweet of him to still want to keep Loki despite how rotten he's become (or perhaps always was). I really did like his level of devotion to his brother. I love hateful brother stories. I didn't really think anything would really ever turn Loki around though. You can't bring him back with moving speeches or something. Not to mention I suspect he wasn't ever really there. The relationship Thor thought existed between them probably wasn't real. Anyway I definitely think EIE for Loki. Oh, and I think LSI for Clint Barton.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    lol Gilly you have a big ego but not in the way that some Se dominants have big egos.. it's like there's your underlying insecurity but with them it's like pure unadulterated force
    Yeah yeah whatever

Don't get me started on you

I don't think it has anything to do with Se, by the way. A gajillion Se egos out there are insecure and flagrant about it, look at Courtney Love or Lindsay Lohan. Being Se doesn't make you "forceful;" I know plenty of Se egos who are total wusses, and LIIs I would never fuck with. I'm sick of this "Se = cocky confident" crap.

Also quit the bullshit self-reassurance. I know you self-type Se ego and all, so quit blowing up your own balloon. Talk about insecurity...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall bitch

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron man ILE.
    Captain America ILE.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Captain America ILE.
    @Absurd.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron man ILE.
    Captain America ILE.
    Because they got on swimmingly, no gap of understanding at all.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they got on swimmingly, no gap of understanding at all.
    I'm just typing based on the actors themselves.

You could be my dual for all I care, if the director puts an argument between us in the script we're going to have an argument in the movie.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You should always try to avoid that. It skews the results in a bad way.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see what you did there. As for that film seen it in a crappy version, so I'm going to wait for a better one.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should always try to avoid that. It skews the results in a bad way.
    Yeah but the characters that actors portray are a manifestation of their brain chemistry. Thats why someone say might say, "oh you'd fit that role perfectly!"

Jung once said something like, "Hate for others is that which you hate in yourself." I see no reason why identicals wouldn't bicker and argue over dumb things, at least initially.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah but the characters that actors portray are a manifestation of their brain chemistry. Thats why someone say might say, "oh you'd fit that role perfectly!"
    Have you seen Captain America: First Avenger or something like that?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the original captain america: first avenger. I haven't seen the avengers yet. (hmmm... sounds like a good thing to do tonight, actually)
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 05-20-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron man: SEE. I think when people call him "ILE", they're focusing too much on the "genius" part of "genius billionaire playboy philanthropist", and not enough on the "playboy" part. Remember, this is Hollywood, and if they want an SF type to be a super-genius with computers, they can make it so. In terms of his personality and how he interacts with the others, though, I think it's pretty clear he's SEE. He's cocky, status-seeking, very charming and good with people, and tends to have little patience for Fe-related sentimentality. I don't think even the most charismatic ILE in the world could ever be described as a charming playboy, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when you see Tony.

Bruce Banner/The Hulk: Based solely on what I saw of his personality, I would have guessed that Bruce is an LII, who is terrified of his Supervisor -- the enormous green SLE rage monster that lives inside of him. However, the fact that he gets along well with Tony makes ILI an interesting hypothesis. I'll have to watch the movie again.

Captain America: an obvious LSE, in my opinion. Practically the poster-boy for LSE. Tactical leader, loyal to the old-school Delta code of ethics, very practically-oriented, prefers to get things done now instead of debate high-minded concepts.

Fury: LIE. Captain America is the tactical leader, Fury is the strategic leader. Their respective ranks of captain and general reflect that. Willing to compromise ethics in the present for the greater good in the future. Always thinking a dozen steps ahead of everyone else.

Thor: SLE. I dunno, this seems pretty obvious. He seems to find his Kindred Iron Man more amusing than his Quasi-Identical Captain America. Actually, he seems to get along better with Loki than his fellow heroes. For mortal enemies, they're on pretty good terms.

Loki: EIE. Obvious EIE villain is obvious. I don't think I need to spell it out.

Natasha and Hawkeye: I didn't really get a good enough sense of their personalities to be able to tell. The idea that they might be Duals is interesting, perhaps plausible.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be my dual for all I care, if the director puts an argument between us in the script we're going to have an argument in the movie.
    The challenge of typing the characters of actors is that you can't take anything physical into account. Instead you have to look at the character's abilities and values. The argument between Captain America and Iron Man is not one that two ILEs would have. If the actors were playing themselves they wouldn't be actors.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Iron man: SEE. I think when people call him "ILE", they're focusing too much on the "genius" part of "genius billionaire playboy philanthropist", and not enough on the "playboy" part. Remember, this is Hollywood, and if they want an SF type to be a super-genius with computers, they can make it so. In terms of his personality and how he interacts with the others, though, I think it's pretty clear he's SEE. He's cocky, status-seeking, very charming and good with people, and tends to have little patience for Fe-related sentimentality. I don't think even the most charismatic ILE in the world could ever be described as a charming playboy, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when you see Tony.
    Nowhere did they say he was a 'charming' playboy. Indeed, he's anything but charming in this. I don't know where you've seen him being 'good with people' but he says the opposite as his reason for initially not joining the Avengers.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nowhere did they say he was a 'charming' playboy. Indeed, he's anything but charming in this. I don't know where you've seen him being 'good with people' but he says the opposite as his reason for initially not joining the Avengers.
    Well the reason that the avengers wouldn't allow him to join. He didn't qualify because he "Didn't play well with others" among other things.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah exactly. which is why Fi polr I think fits Iron man. and so-last. he's the lone wolf. SLEs/ILEs don't *always* light up around Fe anyway. Not if they're in their Ti-mode, working or thinking about something or solving a problem.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not talking about a line in the movie, I'm talking about the image that he projects -- a charming, socially adept, womanizing playboy type. That's obvious from the Iron Man movies and this one. Tony says "I don't play well with others", not because he lacks social skills (he has those in abundance), but because he prefers to work independently. It's his Irrational dislike of being confined to an orderly Rational group. Basically he's saying he doesn't like following the rules, which is understandable for an EP type.

In unfamiliar social situations Tony is cool, confident, and cocky, like an SEE. Not awkward, stumbling, and oblivious like an ILE usually is in unfamiliar social situations.

[Edit: An SLE in unfamiliar social situations tends to cover up his weak social skills either by putting on a show of "toughness", either by being aggressive or by being dispassionate. Alternately, a more mature SLE may simply admit his weak social skills. In general, their social skills are more crude and blunt than those displayed by Iron Man.]
    Quaero Veritas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast