Thread: Using quadra values to determine type

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You used the best method for determining type.

The Si/Ne Ni/Se & Ti/Fe Te/Fi dichotomies (Decisive/Judicious - Merry/Serious) are the easiest things to type with a pretty high level of accuracy. But then again this is just my opinion on the matter.

I find the differences between the introverted and extroverted form of the same function profound(Fe/Fi for example). And odds are you're not going to end up in the wrong quadra through that method, since each quadra is a mix of certain function values, and it's consistent through the whole quadra.
    Thanks for your feedback here, and I find it resonating with my general feelings about this topic.

From what I understand of Socionics, the relationship between types (and especially the quadras) are the linchpin of the typology. In other words, the focus on how specific people/types mesh or don't mesh appears to be core here. While I have wondered why there can't be an alpha type or an alpha type (and why by definition heads in a delta-ish direction, and how goes beta), I also think that the answer probably represent something inherent in how and team up, how and team up, and how and team up (which I may or may not understand perfectly right now).

There is something about the open, receptive, passionate, goofy, fun-loving aspect of alpha that is bringing me to SEI. I am simply not as earthy (by default) as the main delta types (although I can be earthy as a backup style to my more lighthearted alpha preference).

In order of preference, I lean
    alpha > delta > beta > gamma

I hope that my logic here is on track in terms of how the Socionics theory (in terms of all IM elements and the 8 functions in their proper order) should be interpreted. Otherwise...it would be back to the drawing board....I hope not.
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its pretty normal for any adult who interacts in the "real world" to put on some politeness with strangers and acquaintances in order to avoid trouble. i wouldn't associate this with either element. i'd say with friendly Fe creatives i get more of a sense that they're trying to put themselves in my world and meet me on my terms and with friendly Fi bases i get more of a sense that they're still in their own world while they politiely feel me out and gauge how much mine aligns, so it might seem less blatantly nice. i think part of this is temperament, with IPs giving me a more receptive and flexible vibe and IJs being more reserved. i know this is vague, its just my general subjective impressions.

sounds like you like and identify with alpha and sei and nothing contradicting that pops out at me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs
    i'd say with friendly Fe creatives i get more of a sense that they're trying to put themselves in my world and meet me on my terms and with friendly Fi bases i get more of a sense that they're still in their own world while they politiely feel me out and gauge how much mine aligns, so it might seem less blatantly nice.
    All of a sudden the word 'adaptability' comes to mind. So let me phrase the question a different way:

Would you expect a -valuing type (and in my case, a -creative type) to be more adaptable to others' concerns/needs/wishes than a -valuing type?

Or another way to ask it is whether is (or is not) more prone to people-pleasing than is?

What do you think?
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it is. Fe creates implicit contracts with people, whereby one person plays a role, and the other person reciprocates in kind. There is a fairness to Fe and a desire to maintain social harmony. Extraverted Feeling has a practical concern, unlike Fi, which is more abstract and inexpressible.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    All of a sudden the word 'adaptability' comes to mind. So let me phrase the question a different way:

Would you expect a -valuing type (and in my case, a -creative type) to be more adaptable to others' concerns/needs/wishes than a -valuing type?
    In all of my experience (me being an Fe creative, and being raised in a household with many Fi base types) Yes. And i feel the e in Fe has alot to do with it.

But that's not to say that Fi doesn't have its upsides as well.