Hybrid View

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well, would you like my honest assessment of you as opposed to us just discussing socionic ideas via PM?
    of course I'd like it =)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    of course I'd like it =)
    I think that you understand socionics surprisingly well for someone who is only recently picking it up. It's nice to see people not just immediately jump into the dogmatic asshole mentality that seems so pervasive here. That being said I think your intellectual understanding falls apart when you try to apply it to reality. This disconnect between your intellectual understanding and it's practical application is what's confusing you I think. You have a very obvious understanding of what Fe/Fi and Te/Ti are but when you try to pick out behavior that seems indicative of valuing one over the other it seems to me like you have a very narrow focus and it's causing you to make judgments about yourself that seem too hasty. In general I think you are too eager to make all of this make practical sense and this rushing is causing you to get fairly confused about what makes sense and what doesn't.

I would describe this mentality as a bit frantic, but I doubt you feel the same as this rapid intellectual pace is something that you most likely bring to everything your involved in. It just seems quick to me, but is probably normal for you.

With regards to your type, you know what I think and I'm more than happy to keep discussing it via PM but perhaps it will help to consider this;

If Si values jump out at you as so readily contrary to your own nature and are the part of socionics that seems most contrary to yourself why not just consider Si PoLR as extremely viable?
    Easy Day

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you understand socionics surprisingly well for someone who is only recently picking it up. It's nice to see people not just immediately jump into the dogmatic asshole mentality that seems so pervasive here. That being said I think your intellectual understanding falls apart when you try to apply it to reality. This disconnect between your intellectual understanding and it's practical application is what's confusing you I think. You have a very obvious understanding of what Fe/Fi and Te/Ti are but when you try to pick out behavior that seems indicative of valuing one over the other it seems to me like you have a very narrow focus and it's causing you to make judgments about yourself that seem too hasty. In general I think you are too eager to make all of this make practical sense and this rushing is causing you to get fairly confused about what makes sense and what doesn't.

I would describe this mentality as a bit frantic, but I doubt you feel the same as this rapid intellectual pace is something that you most likely bring to everything your involved in. It just seems quick to me, but is probably normal for you.

With regards to your type, you know what I think and I'm more than happy to keep discussing it via PM but perhaps it will help to consider this;

If Si values jump out at you as so readily contrary to your own nature and are the part of socionics that seems most contrary to yourself why not just consider Si PoLR as extremely viable?
    well, yeah, I get some of the theory, but I haven't tried to practice it much, that's true. my interest is always theoretical first... I'm quick in most things, yes. (I'm not necessarily talking about bed behaviour! )

yes Si could be PoLR. I have thought of this myself. I have two issues with this however;

PoLR would mean I'm also very weak at it and it's a sore spot, but in practice it doesn't seem to be such a sore spot beyond my dislike to focus on these things. ...well, as for weakness, I can be clumsy at new physical tasks until practiced, and I need a lot of resolve to get myself to pay attention to daily tasks involving Si, so I minimize the time spent on them. all this could indicate PoLR weakness... not necessarily though. all it says to me is that it's devalued Si. perhaps you or someone else knows more on this matter.

but aside that, I would also have to value Te/Fi and not Ti/Fe.. that's a bigger issue.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but aside that, I would also have to value Te/Fi and not Ti/Fe.. that's a bigger issue.
    I tend to view the theory as a cohesive whole. I reject some parts like most of Gulenko's contributions but in general I think if one part makes sense and another doesn't because of that then I don't correctly understand the theory.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

your entire time here has been spent shooting out random and contradicting snippets and ideas left and right and second-guessing every little thing. you have dominated the chatbox for more than a couple days with nothing but you saying one thing about yourself and then changing your mind and saying something different about yourself while people try to make sense of it and help you. and yet this entire time you feel comfortable with all these contradictions, resolving them philosophically by blending them together in some way or adopting a "its all true, contradictions are life mann" kind of attitude. you are entirely comfortable expecting other people to do things for you, like when i told you about links in the chatbox archive that you wouldnt even bother looking up yourself and you've said yourself that you expect other people to do caretaking things for you unless they can give you a "logical reason why they can't." i can't see you as anything other than ILE and it baffles me how anyone could see anything else.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    your entire time here has been spent shooting out random and contradicting snippets and ideas left and right and second-guessing every little thing. you have dominated the chatbox for more than a couple days with nothing but you saying one thing about yourself and then changing your mind and saying something different about yourself while people try to make sense of it and help you. and yet this entire time you feel comfortable with all these contradictions, resolving them philosophically by blending them together in some way or adopting a "its all true, contradictions are life mann" kind of attitude. you are entirely comfortable expecting other people to do things for you, like when i told you about links in the chatbox archive that you wouldnt even bother looking up yourself and you've said yourself that you expect other people to do caretaking things for you unless they can give you a "logical reason why they can't." i can't see you as anything other than ILE and it baffles me how anyone could see anything else.
    it's interesting how subjective your view is with facts distorted in your memory. you have a viewpoint, so then you try to find facts supporting it, and discard what doesn't support it.

you know, all this doesn't have to be Ne valuing, it could very easily be Ne PoLR too, trying to exclude the annoying amount of options.

I do NOT feel comfortable with the contradictions in the theoretical analysis here. I never said "contradictions are life".

as a human being, I can have different ways of behaviour, but that's not a contradiction. it all has a reason somewhere.

I did bother searching, however I didn't bother searching for half an hour for something that I didn't find right away and someone else already had at hand.

I did not say I was asking for caretaking things. just things in general.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

as a human being, I can have different ways of behaviour, but that's not a contradiction. it all has a reason somewhere.
    i know. but saying something like "i hate si" and then five minutes later "i ignore si," or saying something like you did about your mother that i didnt like and then saying "oh well i didnt really mean that" and expecting me to take it at face value, or posting a video one day and then the next day saying you don't have any videos of yourself. your memory is as subjective as mine i guess. but TO ME it looks like you don't try to present any consistent threads. even your name is "ambivalent existence." what you verbalize and present to the world is endless options and not the elimination of them.

I did bother searching, however I didn't bother searching for half an hour for something that I didn't find right away and someone else already had at hand.
    do you think somebody else had the links saved in their bookmarks? i doubt it. in all likelihood radio found the links by searching for them in the way i explained how to you. i would have had to search in the way i explained how to you. tbh thats when i was put off by you because of the complete ease you had in expecting me to do something for you that you could have done yourself with the same amount of effort.

I did not say I was asking for caretaking things. just things in general.
    oh ok.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to view the theory as a cohesive whole. I reject some parts like most of Gulenko's contributions but in general I think if one part makes sense and another doesn't because of that then I don't correctly understand the theory.
    well, the theory itself makes sense, but Si PoLR with Ti valuing doesn't. (and of course I'm not EIE)

edit: you may have meant that I'm unclear about Ti vs Te, yeah? I'm certainly interested in how exactly you realized that you were Te/Fi valuing instead of Ti/Fe which you believed for a couple of years. that may provide some extra insight.
    Last edited by ambivalent existence; 04-30-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, the theory itself makes sense, but Si PoLR with Ti valuing doesn't. (and of course I'm not EIE)

edit: you may have meant that I'm unclear about Ti vs Te, yeah? I'm certainly interested in how exactly you realized that you were Te/Fi valuing instead of Ti/Fe which you believed for a couple of years. that may provide some extra insight.
    Yeah? Ok, well for me it wasn't so much that I realized that I value Fi so much more than I value Fe that everything sort of just made more sense when I typed myself as an Fi valuer. Granted it did make more sense but that was more from a relationship perspective not an IM valuing one. In fact a lot of the theory didn't make sense to me practically when I thought I was SLE, I mean I understood it and since I decidedly avoided typing people based on my reactions or feelings toward them I still had the few of my friends typed correctly but overwhelmingly I would just sort of sit in limbo on trying to figure out people's type and could never figure a lot of people out. I could connect the theory to reality in the cases of people who sort of made the connections between the theory and reality very obvious. So I have a lot of 'benchmark' types because those were the only people that I thought were obviously enough one type to put a label on them.

Then of course it was Niff who really ended up convincing me that SEE made a lot of sense, and that was a fairly emotional turning point for me. My Ex and I at the time were getting on really well and I knew she was IEI and the thought of not being her dual really scared me. I cried for a while after that, Niff kinda talked me down because the theory really doesn't matter that much and for the most part I get in these moods where I take the whole thing too seriously and in moments like these he sort of brings me back. Which is nice. Anyway I didn't really accept that I was SEE after that but I was considering it an option again. So I just sort of went around trying to make sense of other people's type in relation to the idea "What if my self typing was SEE?" and i started to realize that everything was making way more sense than it did before and people I previously had a lot of difficulty typing became very easy to identify. Partially because as it turns out I'm friends with a fair amount of SLEs and SEEs who I couldn't type because I had it backwards with regards to myself *chuckles*

In any case values didn't make more sense to me initially. I still really like loud noisy environments and well typically Fe atmospheres as well as Typically Fi ones, but typing myself as SEE sort of opened my mind up to the idea that now it seems like everyone was aware of but me that the functions in your Id Block are ones you still actually kind of value. I mean you value them to some extent as an individual if that makes sense, I mean from a socionics perspective gammas don't value Fe, but from an individual perspective your Id Block is something you understand quiet clearly and understand why people would value it and to some extent value it yourself, though of course it still takes a sort of back seat to your Ego Block but your Id Block is still something that you actively 'do', behavior that would exist in the Ego Block of someone who has your Id in their Ego would be slightly reminiscent of your own behavior. Granted no one is going to think I'm SEI anytime soon, but that idea really explains my kinks with the theory like still liking Fe to some extent despite being gamma.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah? Ok, well for me it wasn't so much that I realized that I value Fi so much more than I value Fe that everything sort of just made more sense when I typed myself as an Fi valuer. Granted it did make more sense but that was more from a relationship perspective not an IM valuing one. (...)

interesting. food for thought.