Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
I don't have any tattoos. Not because I see them as immoral or bad, but because I have commitment issues and I'm scared that I won't be happy with the results or that I'll end up hating it. I wonder if that's a common Ni ego reason to avoid these increasingly trendy tattoos. It seems like it's more rare to not have a tattoo then to have one these days.

My EII sister has a few tattoos. They all represent someone who she was or is close to. One for her best friend, one for me (after I had been dealing with mental health issues), and one for her boyfriend who died. Maybe this is a common reason for Fi ego's to get tattoos.
I think people who are less impulsive in general are more likely to avoid getting tattoos, maybe that is a Ni ego thing. but it could also be a tradition thing; more traditional and conservative people seem
more likely to not get a tattoo. I have passively considered getting a tattoo before, but I think tattoos tend to have a masculine energy and if not done carefully can look realllly trashy. I really like paz de la huerta's snake tattoo and tattoos of ourobouros and esoteric theme tattoos like that. And japanese/asian tattoos that are like beautiful pieces of art.