Thread: ILI or LII

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stateofplay View Post
    Of cause, just when I'm pretty sure I'm an LII throw another type my way why don't you?

I do think I might have been pretty hasty with dismissing ILE straight away as I identify with an awful lot of the profile but I can't really wrap my head around being an extrovert, it's just never really been me. I often enjoy being by myself more than I do being surrounded by loads of people, I do identify with having lots of acquaintances though and being friends with different groups of people, particularly a couple of ago, but I never really wanted to spend time with any of them outside of school or whatever activity I met them in. If they bugged me enough then I'd go out and enjoy myself but I rarely initiated it.

I don't really use analogies in my speech or come up with new ideas, most of the ideas I come up with are based on previous ones and even then it doesn't really happen.

I do identify with playing the devil's advocate though, as much as it irritates me because it stops me from being able to believe or support anything fully. If someone makes a blanket statement like 'murder is wrong' then I'll want to say something like 'So if someone came to your house, raped your little sister, then strangled her and then you had the choice between letting them get away knowing they'll do it again with it or killing them you would still think that it's wrong to murder that person?'.

As far as I'm concerned everything has exceptions and there are no universal truths, everything is subjective.

What's the difference between a normal ILE and a sad ILE? Is it just the being more introverted? I don't confront people really and I'm very quite; I can also be quite sensitive to negative comments, particularly when I don't understand the reasoning behind them, that are directed personally at me which has made me a little more withdrawn as well as a fear or rejection. If I'm not sure how someone will react to something then I don't tend to say it unless it's an academic type of thing. Probably my best example of this is during a philosophy debate in class the question was asked 'What good ever comes from war?' and my immediate response was, much to the horror of my classmates 'population control'. I could understand why they didn't like my answer and it's not something I would have written down in an essay, well, if I had then I'd have been a bit more sensitive about it but it irritates me when people refuse valid points because they don't like them yet if I'm in a group of people just talking then I'll generally avoid saying anything that might be taken the wrong way or offend anybody unless I know that they know me well enough to know that I don't mean any offense.
    It's just a hunch so to speak, call it a idea.

But it's also a fairly common mask I think ILE's can adopt.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/37205-Soconic-quot-mask-quot-how-it-helps-and-troubles-us?highlight=mask

Quote Originally Posted by Mask article
    For example, consider an ILE in an LSI "mask". This person was unsure for a long time and fluctuated between the types ILI and LII, because in tests he received with a high probability the type LII, but the descriptions of ILI fit better, yet in the end he could not settle on either type. And only as a result of training in socionics did the person figure out his type, having managed to separate it from his "mask".
    I don't think you're the first person to come around socionics with this question, it's actually fairly common as some ILE/IEE can be easily mistaken for introverts. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510&page=5

Don't take my word for it tho, just a hunch.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*rolls 16types dice*

LII, because ILI is impossibru according to LIE!