Hybrid View

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You call it subjective but still use objective methods to get what you came for - you take tests. That's pretty funny, but the joke is on you. Anyhow, back to off-topic - another example of quantity changing quality, again, an objective one are colours of the rainbow. After shortening the wavelength of light, you produce a quantitative change which means colour of light changes from red to orange, through yellow, green, blue, indigo ending in violet. That's a change in quality. I'm sure you view colour as being subjective and based on human perceptions, same as with this theory you stated before in this very thread.

As a matter of fact wave length of light is objective, that is, can be measured objectively taking x-rays. Due to the (quantity) wave length, x-rays can penetrate the body. Not all light can do this. The change in what the light itself can actually do, is determined by the length (measurement of a quantity) of the wave.
    well I view a lot of things as based on human perceptions, but I accept the scientific methodology as being the most objective we can get, especially if it's combined with a reductionist viewpoint. In psychology, the latter requirement is not as simple to comply with as in other sciences, and that has consequences in my view.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    well I view a lot of things as based on human perceptions, but I accept the scientific methodology as being the most objective we can get, especially if it's combined with a reductionist viewpoint. In psychology, the latter requirement is not as simple to comply with as in other sciences, and that has consequences in my view.
    Call it how you want. Scientific, esoteric, magical and so on. As long it works and gets the job done, I don't have a problem with it. I'm mostly interested in things that allow me to learn, measure, or look for tangible information and utility.

As for your type, you're going to argue this ad infinitum. Have fun.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Call it how you want. Scientific, esoteric, magical and so on. As long it works and gets the job done, I don't have a problem with it. I'm mostly interested in things that allow me to learn, measure, or look for tangible information and utility.

As for your type, you're going to argue this ad infinitum. Have fun.
    Na, I got bored with it