Thread: usefulness of socionics

Hybrid View

Capt.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me socionics is best kept to myself, it's not something that i'll be very open about because it's the experience that counts when using socionics. I've always been very cautious not to let socionics be the basis of my life, maybe until i have enough experience then I'll be confident enough to say "Yep it's true alright". Typology in general has helped me learn about myself but most of all has helped me drop a lot of hurt coming from other people- simply because they were just being themselves. But of course there are many other things that can hurt you other than someone hitting your PoLR/ignoring functions and i've gotten a face full of the combination.
    Last edited by BreeZ; 05-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BreeZ View Post
    For me socionics is best kept to myself, it's not something that i'll be very open about because it's the experience that counts when using socionics. I've always been very cautious not to let socionics be the basis of my life, maybe until i have enough experience then I'll be confident enough to say "Yep it's true alright". Typology in general has helped me learn about myself but most of all has helped me drop a lot of hurt coming from other people- simply because they were just being themselves. But of course there are many other things that can hurt you other than someone hitting your PoLR/ignoring functions (duh) and i've gotten a face full of the combination.

According to socionics my brother is my so called conflictor? and i would probably say it's very accurate. I know it's self-typed and you're right we can make mistakes! just like how i mistakenly thought my brother was my "activator" simply because we had those *good non-conflict moments- fun times*. But i didn't know until one day he told me that he was an ISTp in myers briggs, and i was really skeptical. And it all came to me that he was definitely SLI, my main problem was that i didn't have enough experience with SLE's to type him properly- Or i was just being stupid.

Hmm I still think about socionics a lot, always at the back of my head...i've come to realize that if i don't pay attention enough to people's type i can get myself into some really bad situations.
    Um, as to your "yep is true alright" -- I already determined for myself that there is no absolute truth and also where the limitations of the model are. So for me this point would never come and that's fine.

I will say, the PoLR concept is what helped me the most too I'm not a specific type, sure, but I do seem weakest in a certain function so I call that my PoLR.

I would be careful with that conflictor idea. I'm typed as ILE by most people here, including VI, and my mother is a clear ESI, that is ILE's conflictor, and we hardly ever conflict. so...

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the intertype relationships in my life do seem to play out as predicted by Socionics, assuming I've typed everyone correctly. There are some exceptions I've noticed, and Socionics type is obviously not the be-all-end-all of relationships.

I think the thing I like most is the explanation of the dual-seeking function, because it helped me to appreciate just how lucky I am to have grown up with the guidance of a healthy dual parent. I feel like a pretty well-rounded person because of the advice my SLE father has given me over the years. I recognize my desire for Se and seek it out to get a boost whenever I'm feeling stuck.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Most of the intertype relationships in my life do seem to play out as predicted by Socionics, assuming I've typed everyone correctly. There are some exceptions I've noticed, and Socionics type is obviously not the be-all-end-all of relationships.

I think the thing I like most is the explanation of the dual-seeking function, because it helped me to appreciate just how lucky I am to have grown up with the guidance of a healthy dual parent. I feel like a pretty well-rounded person because of the advice my SLE father has given me over the years. I recognize my desire for Se and seek it out to get a boost whenever I'm feeling stuck.
    er, what does "desire for Se" mean for you? =P

(I was told off here before by other people not to use such vague expressions and I'm curious anyway)

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    er, what does "desire for Se" mean for you? =P

(I was told off here before by other people not to use such vague expressions and I'm curious anyway)
    Se to me is like a splash of cold water in the face; it kind of wakes me up. I spend so much time ruminating and doubting that I can get stuck and need a push to get me to act. I really like it when people help get me going toward a goal and draw my attention toward the outside world.

Capt.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    Um, as to your "yep is true alright" -- I already determined for myself that there is no absolute truth and also where the limitations of the model are. So for me this point would never come and that's fine.

I will say, the PoLR concept is what helped me the most too I'm not a specific type, sure, but I do seem weakest in a certain function so I call that my PoLR.

I would be careful with that conflictor idea. I'm typed as ILE by most people here, including VI, and my mother is a clear ESI, that is ILE's conflictor, and we hardly ever conflict. so...
    Haha i know conflictor relations when i see one. With my experience of conflictor men and women, they do share similar dynamic with me. Some conflictors are more easier to deal with though, not in the sense that we have actual conflict. Just differing opinions that's all- however with my brother....eh we just don't have that sort of patience for each other and he likes being a jerk.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BreeZ View Post
    Haha i know conflictor relations when i see one. With my experience of conflictor men and women, they do share similar dynamic with me. Some conflictors are more easier to deal with though, not in the sense that we have actual conflict. Just differing opinions that's all- however with my brother....eh we just don't have that sort of patience for each other and he likes being a jerk.
    yes we do have some differing opinions with my mother, but we get along great, no patience needed. as for your brother, if you thought the same way before typing him, okay.