Thread: Question for Delta STs -- Do you like to "teach"?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for Delta STs -- Do you like to "teach"?

Do you like to "teach" others things. As in sharing information w others or guiding them in acquiring skills, etc.?

I read in an article someplace that Delta STs approach love as serious people who aim "to teach" their significant others. Does this ring true??

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Yes.
    Will you please give an example? What kinds of things do you teach? And in what situations? How do you go about it -- do you lecture or what?

How do others react? I assume Delta NFs like it. True?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, Delta NFs like to teach too. One of the EII subtypes is called "the teacher."

I teach whatever someone is curious about. I enjoy answering questions. Lecturing isn't really my style; I like to be concise.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's one of the ways i actually feel i can recognize delta STs. In my normal state when i'm not worried about monitoring myself or what i say, i have a lot of random questions. Also, my learning style is such that I learn best when i can be doing something and asking as i go along. If i have to sit in a lecture and listen for an hour or two and save my questions for the end or for office hours, it just doesn't work too well for me because by then my question is out of context, and also i had to listen to the rest of the lecture with that question (or those questions) lingering in my mind, so the rest of the lecture may not have made sense to me. And furthermore, when factual information is provided to me, I suddenly have a flood of new questions, and also I start coming up with ideas (that may be how Te activation works for me)

As such, the delta ST teaching approach has worked really well for me. As Abbie mentioned, delta STs seem to be invigorated by my questions and feel honored at the chance to share their knowledge. There is no such thing as a stupid question to them. In contrast, betas (STs as well as NFs) that I've worked with tend to get annoyed if not outright MAD at me asking questions. Also what often seems like a stupid question that I am asking, in my mind it isn't stupid because there is a reason i am asking it (and usually if they think it's a stupid question it's because they aren't seeing what i'm seeing yet, or they havent stopped to consider what i am considering).

p.s. I zone out and daydream in lecture. That is, unless it's a clear, concise presentation that holds my attention. those are usually provided by Te egos, Te-doms specifically. Fe-dom can deliver a captivating presentation too though. They hate questions and interruptions though, i've noticed.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I often do things like that. It wouldn't be something like "Today kids, we learn how to craft pretty figures with chestnuts." but rather things I have realized myself and which amazed me.

Once during an excursion with my study course I rambled for two hours about my current ideas what's wrong with our society. I talked to 2 or 3 people, but they simply sat there and listened, that was pretty cool. They even asked some questions and I was glad to answer them. And if it comes to teaching people how to do stuff (like handling computer programs, I used to explain a lot when I was still in school), I helped whenever I could. I was really proud when somebody told me that I could explain it much better than the teacher. I just tried to put myself in the position of the person who doesn't understand how it works. I figured that teachers often explain things from their professional position which isn't necessarily understood by their students.

It is a really satisfying experience to me to explain things and to help somebody with that, or simply show them another way of thinking.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    There is no such thing as a stupid question to them.
    Not true. A stupid question is one you already know the answer to. For example: Anon, are you a guy?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1921 View Post
    Do you like to "teach" others things. As in sharing information w others or guiding them in acquiring skills, etc.?

I read in an article someplace that Delta STs approach love as serious people who aim "to teach" their significant others. Does this ring true??
    Yes I do and yes it does.

Delta ST
    IEE-Ne