Thread: Eurovision 2012: ugh

Hybrid View

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Man.... the Fe is just sickening overwhelming. Also, the entire concept of eurovision seems very outdated to me. Like 90s music/clothes/humor.

This is what happens when Alpha's and Beta's make out and make something that's just too much.
    I don't see what's particularly Fe about Eurovision? Sure it's colorful and over the top, but ... that's just television.

Conchita Wurst, like every single drag queen who ever lived, is Fe ego though. I don't understand why drag is performed exclusively by strong Fe types.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I don't see what's particularly Fe about Eurovision? Sure it's colorful and over the top, but ... that's just television.

Conchita Wurst, like every single drag queen who ever lived, is Fe ego though. I don't understand why drag is performed exclusively by strong Fe types.

hm, i'd probably use it as a prime example of Fe..

The entire concept of the program is to "create common culture throughout europe" or "promote that in music we are one".

There is a lot of over the top emotions, inclusiveness, the focus is on the emotions in the artists and audience rather than the quality of the music.

The voting is done based on mass preferences...

Not sure what television is in your culture, in holland sure, there's some programs like this, but most are more subdued. This is really over the top and sparkly compared to other forms of television.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm, i'd probably use it as a prime example of Fe..

The entire concept of the program is to "create common culture throughout europe" or "promote that in music we are one".

There is a lot of over the top emotions, inclusiveness, the focus is on the emotions in the artists and audience rather than the quality of the music.

The voting is done based on mass preferences...
    Perhaps it's more XXFx + Social instinct then. I honestly don't care about watching the show itself, I'd rather hear the polished recordings and productions instead of how bad the singers actually are in one-take recording sessions.

Not sure what television is in your culture, in holland sure, there's some programs like this, but most are more subdued. This is really over the top and sparkly compared to other forms of television.
    Well American TV certainly isn't all as flashy as Eurovision, but it certainly has its fair share massive productions; the Superbowl and Miss America pageants are the two that come to mind immediately.