This subject has been mentioned before, but not in detail.

If you look at people being typed as ESFj, both online and IRL, most of them are women - the vast majority. This may be partly due to a real imbalance - in fact, I think the percentage of ESFjs among women is higher than among men - but also because ESFj women are much more easily recognizable.

ESFj women use their dominant to adopt a socially-accepted, even stereotypical, "feminine" role of using very clearly expressed emotions to relate to others and create moods - and also using stereotypically feminine ways to achieve that, as in aesthetic sense for dress, taste for cooking and choosing food, etc.

The basic point is that the use of and in ESFj women is very obvious and clear.

For the same reason, ESFj men will feel inclined to use their to adopt a more "masculine" role of being more restrained in their emotional expressions and aesthetic taste - which makes them more difficult to spot (at least for me).

There is an ESFj female and an ESFj male at work. I had little problem identifying the woman, but the man took much longer. From his daily subdued behavior on the side, I very briefly considered ESTj. But the ESFj in him becomes clear when he's relaxing with friends over a meal - then the ESFj traits of telling events sequentially while displaying lots of emerge. He also shows the same evidence of PoLR that I have observed in ESFj females. But he is ESFj, that is confirmed by his spending most of his time with a very obvious ISFp guy.

He is not typically "extroverted" in the socially outgoing, pop-MBTI sense, not like most ESFj women - - in fact, according to that kind of criteria he might well be typed as an MBTI ISFJ.

Anyone has other observations on ESFj males?