TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    If I had to pull statistics out of my ass[...]
    But you don't have to. Please. She wasn't an argument as I said before. Think of her as a story feature releasing the tension, like BnD. We know that smoking kills already. Having constantly needed to be reminded of it makes me wanna light up.
    Staff, obviously.
    There are ways to legislate bar smoking so that the staff won't have to go to the smoking area. And that there is a non-smoking area. And so they used to do it if my memory serves me. I'm not really a hardliner here.
    Placebo effects swings that way too, but effects isn't that significant. Definitely won't kill anyone, smoking will.
    Have you heard about the case of this depressed patient going to ER for ODing with his depression pills. The treatment didn't help, his values were still off and no sign of dramatic improvement. They couldn't stabilize his condition in few days and then the doctor found out that he was part of the control group. He almost died but I guess his immune system was failing due to eating chalk since placebo doesn't kill anyone, right? He recovered after the doctors found out what he really took and told it to him.
    There are also studies about life being prolonged by a few years with a positive attitude. In a way telling people that they are dying with their habit & lifestyle can kill people.

Everyone knows the dangers and yet people use it. Why do they start it?

What is a point you are trying to make? That it is not your fault that you were stupid as a teenager?
    I'm not trying to make a point. Points are made with statements, that there is a question such as the sentence: Are you able to answerit?
    There is no one who benefit financially from anti-smoking campaign and legislation.
    So who funds them and the studies?

What?
    You want more social pressure against smoking in the form of educating the young about the dangers of the habit. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    A study released a year or three ago, which I can't seem to find, claimed that in the interest of reduced burdens on the medical and welfare systems, it is beneficial that tobacco consumers kill themselves prematurely through use of those carcinogenic products than it for them to live into old age where they would require more extensive attention and support for a longer period.
    So it's an improvement to maintenance relation and kills people faster? Can it even get better?

Who are statistically recorded to die of smoking? What is the definition of a smoker death?
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 03-16-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden