Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
Regulations seem annoying as it shows that there is someone controlling a minor aspect of everyone's life.
Crossing the street and getting hit by a car like the guy I saw once on my way home from school is actually breaking the regulations. Guy flew 2 meters in the air like a bag of potatoes but I get what you're talking about - they're doing it on their own initiative. I'm okay with it.

But in any case, the situation is that regulation can be corrupt or stupid like the people who made it, but is this a bad case although I'm a bit pissed and I still think I should govern myself in sovereignty?
Best part is, your countrymen elected those people. Your countrymen voted yes in a referendum in October 1994. In other words, your countrymen, the 57% majority, are controlling you.

I must add that I am still pissed because I can't smoke in the bars without going to the smoking booth room thingy. If you are in bar, why would you want to save your body anyways?
Well, look on the bright side, you're not U.K nor Ireland citizen. Both have the strictest laws - a complete ban on smoking in indoor workplaces and public places, including public restaurants and bars.

Bear in mind that European Commission has no power whatsoever when it comes to enforcing laws, that body can only influence/lobby.