Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Lorne View Post
    Damn I was gonna recommend The little Prince too! haha. One of the most amazing books I have reread for a long time.

I read an interesting book by Louisa May Alcott called A long fatal love chase. It's very interesting. It's part of the Gothic Romanticism Era literature. I like Anne Rice. She proves you don't need to be born in an era in order to belong to it. She is mistress of Gothic Romanticism. It's one of my favorite eras..age of enlightenment following after.

Gosh there are lot's to think of.... Aristotle's Metaphysics... George Orwell, Marcel Proust (Incredible work.... just incredible) H.G Wells and Jules Verne. Interesting connections between the latter twos work.

Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman and Stephen Hawking's books are amazing! If you are interested in those subjects.

What do you like to read?
    +1 to Carl Sagan. Joseph Campbell is a treat as well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    +1 to Carl Sagan. Joseph Campbell is a treat as well.
    Joseph Campbell is amazing! Oh the things he can do to your soul...

I have personally never read The Illustrated Man. I'll take that recommendation too Gilly. Sounds wonderful. Thanks!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I mean, it's not like I LIKE hearing my girlfriend and friends and people on the forum bitch, it sucks and brings negative energy, but as long as it's not excessive, it's a very healthy practice to vent frustrations and negative feelings. Not doing so is a recipe for nothing but self-hatred, anxiety, and emotional isolationism.
    Yeah Gilly. My ex-boyfriend said the same quote to me once that Mountain Dew did. Then I remember why I broke up with it. (I think I purposefully used 'it' and not him because not only does it make me not like you romantically much (much) more importantly than that it takes away your humanity in my eyes -- yes I don't forgive pretentious snobbery very easily.) I am an emotional person. If you are going to get all uppity and emo and my emoness we'll make a horrible match.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yeah Gilly. My ex-boyfriend said the same quote to me once that Mountain Dew did. Then I remember why I broke up with it. (I think I purposefully used 'it' and not him because not only does it make me not like you romantically much (much) more importantly than that it takes away your humanity in my eyes -- yes I don't forgive pretentious snobbery very easily.) I am an emotional person. If you are going to get all uppity and emo and my emoness we'll make a horrible match.
    I disagree with you, but I like that you stood up for what you believe in. The world would be boring if we were all the same.