Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typing me

Hybrid View

Default Typing me

Hi. I'm new to socionics although I have read up on it a little. I was wondering what would be the best info to give you guys so that you could type me? I don't want to put up a video or pictures because I don't feel comfortable with it. I've taken a bunch of socionics tests and they give me lots of different results. The most common result to be EII and IEI. I've also gotten IEE (ENFp?) and somehow I got SLE once. I took the tests a few months ago when I was kind of in a depressed rut and I got LSI or SLI a lot.

Anyways, what kind of info would I need to talk about in order to be typed?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimfortheBrain View Post
    Anyways, what kind of info would I need to talk about in order to be typed?
    Contents of your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Contents of your wallet.
    hardy har har. lol

but seriously, i don't know what to talk about.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hardy har har. lol

but seriously, i don't know what to talk about.
    Whatever you want.

I usually don't talk unless people pay me to, found it is better for I can say way too much.

I was serious with the wallet.

Okay, well. This is something I once wrote trying to get people to figure out my MBTI type:

I was thinking that maybe a good way to help type me would be to explain how others in my life see me, so I'm going to list some of the comments/remarks that I have heard people have say about me over the years. Some of these remarks actually made me feel bad about myself when I heard them, but they are probably true nonetheless.

Sits in her room watching tv, going on the internet, playing video games alot
    Has a good but weird sense of humor
    Really good grades and never gets in trouble
    Always there for the family--but too overprotective.
    Is quietly judgemental
    Always wants to learn about something strange or useless
    Can be blunt, but may not realize it
    Acts much more carefree around the family than anyone else.
    Likes to work on her own.
    Modest about how she dresses.
    Doesn't like to be told what to do.
    Doesn't take enough risks--holds herself back too much--worries too much

According to my sister I am "weird, analyzing, judgemental, and paranoid." She also says that I'm too sensitive. Everyone seems to think that I always think people are out to get me.
    One of my friends says "I seem really vanilla but I'm actually not." and another says that "I have personal space issues." She also said that I'm harsh because I don't sugarcoat and lie to her.

Again, I'm not proud of some of these descriptions, but those are some of the ways my friends and family have described me.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Okay, well. This is something I once wrote trying to get people to figure out my MBTI type:

I was thinking that maybe a good way to help type me would be to explain how others in my life see me, so I'm going to list some of the comments/remarks that I have heard people have say about me over the years. Some of these remarks actually made me feel bad about myself when I heard them, but they are probably true nonetheless.

Sits in her room watching tv, going on the internet, playing video games alot
    Has a good but weird sense of humor
    Really good grades and never gets in trouble
    Always there for the family--but too overprotective.
    Is quietly judgemental
    Always wants to learn about something strange or useless
    Can be blunt, but may not realize it
    Acts much more carefree around the family than anyone else.
    Likes to work on her own.
    Modest about how she dresses.
    Doesn't like to be told what to do.
    Doesn't take enough risks--holds herself back too much--worries too much

According to my sister I am "weird, analyzing, judgemental, and paranoid." She also says that I'm too sensitive. Everyone seems to think that I always think people are out to get me.
    One of my friends says "I seem really vanilla but I'm actually not." and another says that "I have personal space issues." She also said that I'm harsh because I don't sugarcoat and lie to her.

Again, I'm not proud of some of these descriptions, but those are some of the ways my friends and family have described me.
    IJ something, maybe EII/ESI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You could be any number of types...

How do you approach tasks/assignments?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

I guess I try to figure out how the best way to get the assignment done. If I'm working with other people I think its important to be fair--everyone doing their fair share and helping eachother if they need it. When I do tasks, I tend to be very focused on the task. I like to do my best and be helpful. It really bothers me when I fail or can't do something on my own. I don't like feeling incompetent like that. I get pretty energized when I do a good job. I also hate it when other people don't do their fair share of work. The most important thing is that everyone tries their best.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess I try to figure out how the best way to get the assignment done. If I'm working with other people I think its important to be fair--everyone doing their fair share and helping eachother if they need it. When I do tasks, I tend to be very focused on the task. I like to do my best and be helpful. It really bothers me when I fail or can't do something on my own. I don't like feeling incompetent like that. I get pretty energized when I do a good job. I also hate it when other people don't do their fair share of work.
    Do you look for external praise and approbation of your work? How does it make you feel when you don't get it?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq...ion+definition
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Do you look for external praise and approbation of your work? How does it make you feel when you don't get it?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq...ion+definition
    Yeah, I do like external praise and approbation of my work. If I don't get it, then I don't really know if I did a good job or not. Sometimes things are pretty clear cut and I don't need to be told that I did a good job because its clear that I did my best, but I must admit that I feel unappreciated a lot. Its weird because there's a huge part of me that thinks its wrong to want appreciation for doing the right thing and at the same time I sometimes feel like I do a lot for people and they don't realize it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that I want appreciation, but I also don't feel like doing the right thing is something that should garner too much attention. Why should I be applauded for being a decent person?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do like external praise and approbation of my work. If I don't get it, then I don't really know if I did a good job or not. Sometimes things are pretty clear cut and I don't need to be told that I did a good job because its clear that I did my best, but I must admit that I feel unappreciated a lot. Its weird because there's a huge part of me that thinks its wrong to want appreciation for doing the right thing and at the same time I sometimes feel like I do a lot for people and they don't realize it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that I want appreciation, but I also don't feel like doing the right thing is something that should garner too much attention. Why should I be applauded for being a decent person?
    How do you do or deal with time issues? Do you feel rushed or can you estimate time well in advance? How are you about planning things? Do you plan in the short term or the long?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just as Ashton does, tries to win them over Internet with his sidekick, Miyagi.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I have ever seen you NOT type somebody based on their first post or two. Good job, Maritsa. You've come a long way.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    The first time I have ever seen you NOT type somebody based on their first post or two. Good job, Maritsa. You've come a long way.
    Aero, this isn't "appreciate Maritsa thread."
    -

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aero, this isn't "appreciate Maritsa thread."
    Oh, that's right, I need to declare it first. I now declare February 18 MAD: Maritsa Appreciation Day.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More questions:

1. Do you come up with a lot of ideas? Do you look for ideas? When you see objects do you see it on the surface or something more than the general features of the object?
    -

More questions:

1. Do you come up with a lot of ideas? Do you look for ideas? When you see objects do you see it on the surface or something more than the general features of the object?
    I come up with a lot of ideas about my future. They are usually ideas of where I want to go, or want I could be doing in the future. I feel like I live in a future world quite a bit inside my head. Its kind of like I'm constantly imagining what I could eventually be like. I find that I have a lot of ideas but no real way of making them happen or any kind of rrealistic plan to make them happen. When I see objects I see it for what it is and what it is related to.

I just took another socionics test and it said I was IEI, and 96% as likely to be an EIE. I think IEI may be correct. I relate to that description much more than the SLI description.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you often take on a victim approach when trying to resolve a problem? Do you blame others for your own misfortunes? Do you make decisions and often second guess them or doubt them?

I can see how you use your Ni, as in waiting for the time to act or choosing the moment where action needs to be taken, before it's too late, but people who have Ni as a Role function can do this, as well as demonstrators and activators.

I can see IEI
    -

Do you often take on a victim approach when trying to resolve a problem? Do you blame others for your own misfortunes? Do you make decisions and often second guess them or doubt them?
    have taken the victim approach before although it annoys me to death when I do it now. My catchphrase when I was a kind was "It's not fair!". In certain scenarios I have felt like I was dealt a worse hand that others and thus didn't have the same opportunity. I try not to blame other people specifically for my own misfortunes though. I tend to be pretty hard on myself. I beat myself up more than I try to blame other people specifically. I second guess almost all of my decisions. Actually, I second guess myself constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    You say you have a weird sense of humour - could you give some examples?
    i don't know. thats just what some people have told me. i spend a lot of time singing and making up new words for old songs. i kind of try to make my life like a musical sometimes and just sing all the time. i like acting dramatic for fun. i spend lots of time sitting around, looking at meme's on the internet and laughing to myself. i like puns quite a bit and sometimes i purposely tell horrible jokes just to laugh at how horrible they are. i also like making fun of things, but only in a fun/playful way. i don't like making fun of things/people for real. whether or not any of this is weird or not i don't know.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your strong uncertainty about your decisions points me hard to Ne/Si valuing, and here's where things get a bit more revelatory:

i don't know. thats just what some people have told me. i spend a lot of time singing and making up new words for old songs. i kind of try to make my life like a musical sometimes and just sing all the time. i like acting dramatic for fun. i spend lots of time sitting around, looking at meme's on the internet and laughing to myself. i like puns quite a bit and sometimes i purposely tell horrible jokes just to laugh at how horrible they are. i also like making fun of things, but only in a fun/playful way. i don't like making fun of things/people for real. whether or not any of this is weird or not i don't know.
    Fe Super-Id, probably Hidden Agenda, and Ne/Si > Se/Ni. Hell, Fe HA's all over just about all your posts! I'm leaning strong towards Ne-LII here, and your stated difficulties in getting things done points me towards, though by no means demands, Se-PolR...
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 02-20-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: used a ">" when I instead needed a "/"
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Your strong uncertainty about your decisions points me hard to Ne/Si valuing, and here's where things get a bit more revelatory:

Fe Super-Id, probably Hidden Agenda, and Ne/Si > Se/Ni. Hell, Fe HA's all over just about all your posts! I'm leaning strong towards Ne-LII here, and your stated difficulties in getting things done points me towards, though by no means demands, Se-PolR...
    The only system that I know of that has as the HA of Ne-LII is Model X. No Model A type has both HA and PoLR... though... I think Model X's Ti-ILE did? In summary, what are you talking about?

Edit: My suggestion for her type: SEI. EII second. That's based on the first page of this thread only.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You sound like some sort of LSI/ESI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't type her EII because EII don't come up with methods of doing things; she's basically saying "a good way for you to do something is for me to do this" EII don't come up with methods and that is a method or a way of solving a problem. I can see those who are dynamic types doing that and maybe even strategic types.

EII would say, "this is the way I am" as a static depiction of themselves; like presenting a portrait and telling people what's in that portrait.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't type her EII because EII don't come up with methods of doing things; she's basically saying "a good way for you to do something is for me to do this" EII don't come up with methods and that is a method or a way of solving a problem. I can see those who are dynamic types doing that and maybe even strategic types.
    EII is a strategic type.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    EII is a strategic type.

This is a dynamic person
    -

Creepy-Snaps

I don't type her EII because EII don't come up with methods of doing things;
    No, you don't type her EII because you don't type any girl EII, ever. Because you're biased and you want to be special, to be the only EII on the forum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    No, you don't type her EII because you don't type any girl EII, ever. Because you're biased and you want to be special, to be the only EII on the forum.
    Then, how can she use dynamic reactions?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm ready to give you your type, but first, for exercise and awareness purposes, I want to go through this thread with you. First, I would like you to go back to your very first post in this thread and please reread what you wrote in it. I'm looking for the following information;

1. What is your orientation, introvert or extravert.
    2. What functions do you observe? is what I observe primarily and that comes from you saying "I don't want to put up a picture because that makes me feel uncomfortable." The sensory data is putting up pictures, because pictures are visible to sense perception, to people looking at them and your reaction to that sense perception is changing your internal state (aka making you feel uncomfortable). This would be the qualities of subjective experience.
    3. What is your behavior? What is your relation to other? What/who do you react to both positively and negatively? What are your typical characteristics?

You can generally make yourself out by following some of these guides.
    -

Ok, I'm ready to give you your type, but first, for exercise and awareness purposes, I want to go through this thread with you. First, I would like you to go back to your very first post in this thread and please reread what you wrote in it. I'm looking for the following information;

1. What is your orientation, introvert or extravert.
    2. What functions do you observe? is what I observe primarily and that comes from you saying "I don't want to put up a picture because that makes me feel uncomfortable." The sensory data is putting up pictures, because pictures are visible to sense perception, to people looking at them and your reaction to that sense perception is changing your internal state (aka making you feel uncomfortable). This would be the qualities of subjective experience.
    3. What is your behavior? What is your relation to other? What/who do you react to both positively and negatively? What are your typical characteristics?

You can generally make yourself out by following some of these guides.
    1. I'm kind of 50/50.
    2. Well, I don't want to put my picture up because of creepy people on the internet, and I'd rather not put too many pictures of myself up. I don't know what functions I use actually.
    3. What is your behavior? What is your relation to other? What/who do you react to both positively and negativelyWhat are your typical characteristics??--these questions are way too broad to answer.
    Last edited by AimfortheBrain; 02-22-2012 at 12:11 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

1. I'm kind of 50/50.
    Ok.

How do you feel when you're in a crowd of individuals; picturing yourself in one, what happens to you?

2. Well, I don't want to put my picture up because of creepy people on the internet, and I'd rather not put too many pictures of myself up. I don't know what functions I use actually.
    Ok. Is this because you are unfamiliar with the functions?
    3. What is your behavior? What is your relation to other? What/who do you react to both positively and negativelyWhat are your typical characteristics??--these questions are way too broad to answer.
    In that first post, how do you come off to other? You don't joke around, I take this to mean you're a serious type. You seem a bit serious, but at the same time, you don't mind disclosing certain intimate things about yourself, like you get into ruts, "I'm not proud of some of these descriptions." Though you're concerned about how some of the things you've posted make you seem, nevertheless you've posted them for typing. I still find it fascinating that you wanted to find "the best way" for you to be typed. You don't try to influence anyones emotions here.

I am 100% on Dynamic and serious type. That you need specific situations to answer and apply your response to tells me that broad things present too many factors for you to consider in answering a question.

I confirm your type is LSE.
    -

Ok.

How do you feel when you're in a crowd of individuals; picturing yourself in one, what happens to you?
    When I'm in a crowd, I spend a lot of time looking around at all the different kinds of people. I'm very aware of people being too close or looking suspicious. If the crowd is too rowdy or obnoxious then I try to get away from it. I don't mind being in crowds as long as I feel safe and secure basically.

Ok. Is this because you are unfamiliar with the functions?
    I'm fairly new to socionics, so I'm not entirely familiar with the functions. I know more about the MBTI functions though. Either way, I have a really hard time figuring out which ones I use and which ones I don't.

In that first post, how do you come off to other? You don't joke around, I take this to mean you're a serious type. You seem a bit serious, but at the same time, you don't mind disclosing certain intimate things about yourself, like you get into ruts, "I'm not proud of some of these descriptions." Though you're concerned about how some of the things you've posted make you seem, nevertheless you've posted them for typing. I still find it fascinating that you wanted to find "the best way" for you to be typed. You don't try to influence anyones emotions here.

I am 100% on Dynamic and serious type. That you need specific situations to answer and apply your response to tells me that broad things present too many factors for you to consider in answering a question.

I confirm your type is LSE.

Well, I made this thread with the purpose of being typed, so I wanted to find the best way to get that done. I also know that its extremely difficult to accurately type someone without getting to know them in person, so I wanted to see what information would be most valuable in figuring that out.I guess that makes me come off as serious. I've been told that I'm serious before, but I've also been told that I'm very silly as well. I'm not just one thing all the time. I made this thread with a purpose so I was trying to follow through on that purpose. Thats also why I got annoyed when a couple people started invading my thread just to curse at eachother. If I knew those people or if they were helping to type me then I wouldn't have been annoyed, but it seemed like that one guy Absurd randomly chose my thread to start saying all kinds of nonsense.

I'll look into LSE some more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your reaction to the way you are in a crowd affirms you being Extraverted type; compare that to myself, when I am in a crowd, I feel a resistance towards it; I have to get away and daydream another situation, one that exists in my mind, like a fantasy; I often don't notice anyone except for close friends and family and I can't scan the situation to notice what's happening; I often feel lonely and lost because I find that everyone is paying attention to something that's happening and not me and no one's there to "embrace" and comfort me.

There are many personalities in forums as there are in real life; many LSE choose in real life, as they do on forums, to ignore people and shut them out because they can't find any real use/advantage to continuing to heed certain people. You can imagine that, being a humanist, I would ask you to skim over those who are not of particular and immediate help because there is potential in every person; it may be also, that Absurd may have been "testing" you in his own way. Your reaction to him may have given him a sense (he is a sensory perceptual) of what kind of character/person you are.

Keep things in an open mind and you'll not only learn to enjoy life and people more, shut them out less often, and actually may find humor in what people have to offer, even if it's not the kind you're looking for.

That's just my regular dual speech.

Oh, since you're great at organizing other people's stuff....ummmmm...... I need some of that
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-25-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    -

Your reaction to the way you are in a crowd affirms you being Extraverted type; compare that to myself, when I am in a crowd, I feel a resistance towards it; I have to get away and daydream another situation, one that exists in my mind, like a fantasy; I often don't notice anyone except for close friends and family and I can't scan the situation to notice what's happening; I often feel lonely and lost because I find that everyone is paying attention to something that's happening and not me and no one's there to "embrace" and comfort me.

There are many personalities in forums as there are in real life; many LSE choose in real life, as they do on forums, to ignore people and shut them out because they can't find any real use/advantage to continuing to heed certain people. You can imagine that, being a humanist, I would ask you to skim over those who are not of particular and immediate help because there is potential in every person; it may be also, that Absurd may have been "testing" you in his own way. Your reaction to him may have given him a sense (he is a sensory perceptual) of what kind of character/person you are.

Keep things in an open mind and you'll not only learn to enjoy life and people more, shut them out less often, and actually may find humor in what people have to offer, even if it's not the kind you're looking for.

That's just my regular dual speech.

Oh, since you're great at organizing other people's stuff....ummmmm...... I need some of that
    I mean, I only shut out one guy who was being nothing but a menace. I don't like that you assume that I shut people out and need to enjoy life and people more.

Also, I relate very well to the whole fantasy thing you were talking about. I often escape to a fantasy world as well. But I'm very suspicious of people so when I'm in crowds, I still notice who is trustworthy and who isn't. I aware, maybe even hyper-aware, of what could possibly go wrong in most situations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I mean, I only shut out one guy who was being nothing but a menace. I don't like that you assume that I shut people out and need to enjoy life and people more.

Also, I relate very well to the whole fantasy thing you were talking about. I often escape to a fantasy world as well. But I'm very suspicious of people so when I'm in crowds, I still notice who is trustworthy and who isn't. I aware, maybe even hyper-aware, of what could possibly go wrong in most situations.
    I think I was just thinking too far ahead...like assuming that one guy shut out will eventually mean more people. I apologize for getting ahead of myself or external circumstances - this is probably another reason why I'm an introvert; things make sense to me, subjectively, but aren't what they are in the real and objective world, even though to an introvert, what they think and assume is often objective to them.

Being suspicious of people isn't introverting; looking out to see who is trustworthy or not is also not introversion. What you wrote about how you are in a crowd is extraversion. Extraverts tend to drift around the room, observe the happenings of the situation. Introverts escape from the situation because external stimulus wears them out.

I don't scan a crowd, looking at all the different kinds of people. A lot of people and information escapes me because I'm thinking about the life inside my mind.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I I aware, maybe even hyper-aware, of what could possibly go wrong in most situations.
    So would you say that you're more of a negativist type rather than a positivist?
    -

So would you say that you're more of a negativist type rather than a positivist?
    What do you mean? Sorry, I don't know what negativist and positivist mean.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you mean? Sorry, I don't know what negativist and positivist mean.
    negativist sees the cup half empty
    positivist sees it half full
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reaction to the way you are in a crowd affirms you being Extraverted type
    What? Curiosity, followed by suspicion and possibly withdrawal? How is that extraverted? You contrast it with (figurative) claustrophobia, which is more extreme, but I don't think that it's common enough to account for all introverts. It applies to my sister (who is self-typed LSE, actually), but not to me, for instance.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast