1 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: agape

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're saying that types from other quadras never abuse their children.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I think you are assuming too much of soseeeeonickkkks.

As for what ****** could have been or was in terms of his upbringing or w/e, it happened and it's done now so it is what it is, heh.
    The problem is that ****** wasn't entirely exceptional or unique in regards to his upbringing. There were many people in that time period that were raised similarly (perhaps the majority had a lot more abuse than the majority in the Western world, etc.) do now. So there were a lot of people doing bad things and committing atrocities... and a lot of them probably aren't even publicized. I mean we can blame everything on one man, ******, right. He was bad (well of course he was), and everyone else was just a victim.

But of course, now Germany's (and Austria's) child-rearing is actually more advanced than that of the United States of America, Britain, Canada, etc. So the tables have turned. We are actually the more destructive ones now, either on the world stage and/or internally (within our countries). Of course nothing on the same level as World War II Germany, yet when we see that a nation is doing better than us, we should find out what they're doing right and follow suit. Unless of course we just choose to focus on the negatives, like say how this specific national character seems kind of arrogant or conformistic...

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dunno agape i'm not a psychologist but I know people who've had shitty childhoods and turned out to be caring individuals. I don't really care what hitta is or isn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but those people usually had a helping witness. And/or they haven't repressed so much of their major (early) childhood traumas... so they can remember some of their most major traumas... Not everyone does. And/or they are so dissociated that people think they're good, yet they still do destructive things that many people don't notice or don't see as such. Or there was enough love, caring, etc. shown by the parents, etc. to temper or compensate for all the forms of abuse that were also experienced due to parents or other people (physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, etc.). Of course there are also people with Narcissistic Personality disorder who can seem caring and friendly. Of course they were often very abused by their parents too.

- 'I described ******’s childhood in my book For Your Own Good, and many of my readers were aghast. One woman wrote: “If ****** had had five sons he could have vented his revenge on for the tortures he was subjected to in his childhood, then he would probably never have victimized the Jewish people. You can take everything you’ve suffered out on your own children and never get punished because murdering the soul of your own child can always be passed off as parenting, child-raising, upbringing.”

Not all my readers were able to accept this view of ****** and concede that his terrifying example demonstrates how evil comes about, how tiny, innocent children can turn into ravening beasts threatening not only their own families but the whole world. I was reminded that many children get beaten and otherwise abused in childhood, but they do not all turn into mass murderers. I took these arguments seriously and investigated the question of how children can survive brutal treatment without becoming criminals later in life. From a close study of many biographies, I established that in those cases where the victim did not turn into a victimizer, there was invariably some figure that had shown the child affection, the person I call the helping witness. Children with helping witnesses to turn to were able to gain awareness of the evil that had been done to them while at the same time identifying with the person who had shown them kindness.' -- Alice Miller

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was from 2006:

'The rates of physical child abuse in the U.K. are about the same as those of the U.S.,* but far higher than the rates of most other West European nations. [Susan J. Creighton, "Prevalence and Incidence of Child Abuse: International Comparisons." NSPCC Information Briefings, April 2004, www.nspcc.org.uk/inform
    / Brian Corby, Child Abuse: Towards a Knowledge Base.] In the past 25 years, 16 European nations have outlawed the corporal punishment of children, and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe has recently called upon all the other European nations to make Europe "a corporal punishment-free zone for children." Hungary, the Netherlands, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia are about to join the abolitionist states, and others are considering doing so.

* Murray A. Straus, "Corporal Punishment by Parents: The Cradle of Violence in the Family and Society." Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law 8(2000): 18.

The results of outlawing the hitting of children are dramatic. In Sweden, the first country to abolish corporal punishment of children by everyone, public support for hitting children— even in its mildest forms — has been reduced from 53% to only 11%. In addition, only 6% of younger Swedes today say they support corporal punishment. [Joan E. Durrant, "A Generation Without Smacking: The Impact of Sweden's Ban on Physical Punishment." London: Save the Children, 2000, p. 6.] More importantly, practice as well as attitude has changed, with only 3% of school children today reporting they had been slapped by their parents, and only one child in 25 years having been killed by their parent. The results of this dramatic decrease in hitting have been spectacular. The number of children needing social work care has decreased by 26%, the number of youth convicted of theft declined by 21%, the rates of alcohol and drug abuse by youths have declined dramatically, and the rate of youth suicide has declined.

What is most astonishing is that in Sweden and in other countries that presently outlaw the hitting of children the populations actually began by being in favor of corporal punishment, but after their legislatures passed their anti-hitting law despite this pro-hitting mood the public gradually became more and more opposed to corporal punishment. This happened without any dramatic intrusion by the state into family life. There was simply a shift in what had been considered a "good" parent from one who used what was termed "appropriate corporal punishment" (as in the current British debate as to what is "reasonable chatisement" of little children) to one in which professionals could feel comfortable in recommending alternative methods without being experienced as trespassing on private family matters. Advisors to parents from British social agencies and children's centers can leave behind their usual time-consuming legal battles and instead provide parents with what the Swedes call "a contact person…whose role it is to provide friendship and support to the family on a voluntary, preventive basis." [Joan E. Durrant, "A Generation Without Smacking: The Impact of Sweden's Ban on Physical Punishment." London: Save the Children, 2000, p. 19.]

-- Lloyd deMause

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" . . . Yeah, it might not be written in [fucking] Maclean's / That your free glorified land has become a wolf inside a sheep / It's not the year of the rat / We don't say it out loud / There are no headlines when a First Nations girl or boy gets raped / It's not the lack of a sense / It's called ambivalence . . . And up on the hill / Is the best real estate / Maybe just to get in / You have to sell off your faith / 'Cause in the valley below /There is crack and young girls / But you don't have to believe what stays out of your world / It's not the year of the rat / We don't say it out loud / There are no headlines when innocent people are killed by drones / It's not the lack of a sense / It's called ambivalence"
    Last edited by HERO; 05-13-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I think you are assuming too much of soseeeeonickkkks.

As for what ****** could have been or was in terms of his upbringing or w/e, it happened and it's done now so it is what it is, heh.
    Fuck Socionics and all Socionics Loyalists [such as the opportunistic idiots who pull off such cheap stunts like typing Eminem SLI].

And "regarding it's done now so it is what it is"... the fact is people are still murdering for the innocence of the parents. Unconsciously (and/or consciously) they are unable to feel the gravity of what was done to them and to codemn it so they take it out on scapegoats.

Now this can come in many forms. Not everyone will resort to something as extreme as murder, although the ones that do usually had the most traumatic childhoods without a helping witness. But if we're happy to subsist on our denial then we should have no problem that the world is full of walking time bombs who are murdering for the innocence of the parents and abusers. I guess that just makes us feel justified to be destructive in our own ways.

It's sort of hypocritical for people to tell me how I need to be more centred, caring, kind, etc. when so many of them have been mean, rude, hateful, etc. with people for stupid reasons. No one lectured them when they acted that way. I guess if you're born in North America or Britain, it's justified. They can say bad things about each other behind their backs, but out in the open they act all neutral or friendly.

I mean how rude is it when a doctor at my Mom's work jokes that "she's from Chechnya" when she isn't. I mean, you see what we have to put up with. And then again there's me, and the fact that I still have somewhat of an accent. 'So how is it that you came to Canada when you were seven months old and you still have an accent?' How am I supposed to explain that... that approaching and during adolescence I isolated more and spent more time by myself and with my Mom... who has an accent (and of course my former stepdad from Portugal also had an accent). I mean with strangers in the past, if people believed that I just came here a few years ago or whatever... I didn't tell them that my Mom immigrated with me when I was seven months old, because what's the point.

Last edited by HERO; 05-13-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agape View Post
    So you're saying that types from other quadras never abuse their children.
    I would really want to see where I wrote that.

What I'm saying is Ni/Se quadras are completely nuts - everywhere psychic mass murderers.

So accept my condolences once again.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I would really want to see where I wrote that.

What I'm saying is Ni/Se quadras are completely nuts - everywhere psychic mass murderers.

So accept my condolences once again.
    I can think of some self typed Ne/Si types on this site who are completely nuts.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for interrupting my subtle dealings in this thread, Words.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like this new found tact of yours, Absurd

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Socionics and all Socionics Loyalists [such as the opportunistic idiots who pull off such cheap stunts like typing Eminem SLI].
    Unfathomable. Truly, I'm sorry for your loss.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fuck Socionics and all Socionics Loyalists
    Sounds like an offer. Your full height photo is appreciated, at least for the beginning.

I mean how rude is it when a doctor at my Mom's work jokes that "she's from Chechnya" when she isn't.
    What's wrong with Chechnya? Nice place, really.

And then again there's me, and the fact that I still have somewhat of an accent.
    It's normal. Most people on Earth have an accent talking English.
    One guy with an accent

even ruled my country for 30 years and rather successfuly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12