Thread: What type, do you reckon?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type, do you reckon?

I have an idea but I'm curious what you all will say. This is a video I did for another type site.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not WA's mysterious SLI gym guy, now are you?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    You're not WA's mysterious SLI gym guy, now are you?
    No, I don't know anyone on here. I've done a little lurking lately, but mostly reading the articles.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI does seem probable for you, actually. Si/Ne introvert is my general impression.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta Irrational, I incline for IEE > SLI. Some reasons for this inclination: teaching people - you seem to be the person who likes to explain, traveling - doesn't bother you to change your physical environment but it is your relationships that are important, seemingly a social person - like to work or do things together with people, dislike the reticence towards collaborating without a justification.

Could you develop on rejecting when people tell you what you think, an example or something? I'm mostly interested in what makes you angry more precisely, for example it could be the idea of attempts to violate your inner person which is unique and unknowable externally, being misunderstood as a rule, or it can be the the justification and self-righteousness they take in asking you to do things. I don't really know what you mean by "moving in", it could be either, or something else.

What about living in your head when you were younger? How detached from reality you were and what kind of thoughts you had (about the future, the past, fantasy)?

Do you usually take an "attitude" when you interact with people? For instance, if you are going to snub someone, would you make that visible in advance, that you are upset?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Delta Irrational, I incline for IEE > SLI. Some reasons for this inclination: teaching people - you seem to be the person who likes to explain, traveling - doesn't bother you to change your physical environment but it is your relationships that are important, seemingly a social person - like to work or do things together with people, dislike the reticence towards collaborating without a justification.

Could you develop on rejecting when people tell you what you think, an example or something? I'm mostly interested in what makes you angry more precisely, for example it could be the idea of attempts to violate your inner person which is unique and unknowable externally, being misunderstood as a rule, or it can be the the justification and self-righteousness they take in asking you to do things. I don't really know what you mean by "moving in", it could be either, or something else.
    I was reflecting on situations where people misinterpret mood and intentions in me. And then, after being told continue to believe it. I don't trust my own interpretation of others feelings. I can see it, sense it. But don't fully trust it, so I see it as a kind of arrogance.

Moving in was about people who use pressure in some way, some kind of emotional moving forward that throws me off balance. I think I was reflecting on space. Bit vague, sorry.

What about living in your head when you were younger? How detached from reality you were and what kind of thoughts you had (about the future, the past, fantasy)?
    Not really fantasy. Reflecting on everyday life, philosophising. Thinking about stuff.

Do you usually take an "attitude" when you interact with people? For instance, if you are going to snub someone, would you make that visible in advance, that you are upset?
    Not really. I am pretty laid back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI does seem probable for you, actually. Si/Ne introvert is my general impression.
    How does Si/Ne work together? I mean, why specifically Ne out of the functions? Unrelated, but I read through IEE and I can relate to some of it. But SLI is a better fit overall.

Can some other people take a stab? Just for fun even.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How does Si/Ne work together? I mean, why specifically Ne out of the functions?
    There are certain sets of information elements which are always paired. That's because of the quadra structure, if you are sure that you value a certain IE, you also value it's counterpart ("valuing" means that you prefer either the introverted or the extroverted of an IE, Si over Se for example). If you value Si, you value Ne, too. Alpha and Delta are Si/Ne quadras.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can definately see SLI.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still not decided but after the last update I'd say SLI > IEE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which descriptions have you read?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which descriptions have you read?
    A lot of different ones. Wikisocion for the most part. I've read a lot of stuff on Socionics.us as well. A few others scattered around but these were the best and most helpful.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. The only other thing I would suggest is finding the original Information Elements descriptions by Jung, to see where the Socionics categorizations and descriptions have been derived from, and "trace" your type back to its roots -- if you want additional information and get to the core of things. Unfortunately I have lost the links to the relevant website(s).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I think I have the link to Jung's types somewhere. I've read through a few times. I've been into mbti a while and read up trying to decide on my type there. I think I am SLI with a reasonably well developed feeling side. Seems more easy to decide here than mbti, could never decide between istp and isfp. Probably similar to here, though I am aware how different the systems are.

The areas that cause me to rethink are that, I can play the clown and I do perform somewhat. I also tend to come up with random ideas in teams. To be the idea man so to speak. Also, I find it difficult to conceptualise how Si and Te play out together.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. The only other thing I would suggest is finding the original Information Elements descriptions by Jung, to see where the Socionics categorizations and descriptions have been derived from, and "trace" your type back to its roots -- if you want additional information and get to the core of things. Unfortunately I have lost the links to the relevant website(s).
    Jung is not Socionics. He does not describe Information Elements because they do not exist in his theory, only functions and attitudes. Associating for exmple Fi with Introverted Feeling is an equivocation, misinformation spread among online Socionics entusiasts which earlier authors were not doing - since they were not using Socionics. Introverted Feeling type in Jung means introverted and Feeling, so on one hand Fi/Ne and Fi/Se, on the other Ni/Fe and Si/Fe - when feeling is secondary, it is introverted in Jung. I remember I read somewhere an anecdote how Aushra discovered Duality and Conflict, at first she thought that all Introverted Feelers would get along well with Extroverted Thinkers, but in many cases, they were ending up in conflict. Also, Jung theory does not have Quadra Values, it would be impossible to view the similarities between say Delta Irrationals, like it happened in this case (IEE and SLI).

Jung is the historical root of Socionics, but not it's core. No problem with reading about the background of this theory, but Parkster, stop misguiding new users.