80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you make a persuasive argument.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that Fi users tend to be vague (I'm speaking more about EII's), while Fe users tend to almost always describe things with a lot of detail.

Do Fi/Ne types find the amount of detail Fe users tend to give (when describing situations or issues) unnecessary? How is this interpreted by the Fi/Ne valuer?

I often feel as though it's difficult for me to help my Fi/Ne valuing friends when they don't give me more information on what is going on. Do Fi/Ne valuers leave out details because they want me to question them more? Or is this just more how Fi mixed with Ne functions?

This brings me to my next question. Sometimes when I ask Fi/Ne valuers to clarify things that they mean, to try to show that I want to know what is going on and care about them, they seem to not like it.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what would an Fi/Ne user want me to do? What can I actually do to help them that will be useful to them?

Is it preferable to not ask questions and just stay away unless they come to you directly? (Because it seems that in particular, Delta Fi's are very independent as well... they may not come to talk to you about something at all unless you approach them.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I've noticed that Fi users tend to be vague (I'm speaking more about EII's), while Fe users tend to almost always describe things with a lot of detail.

Do Fi/Ne types find the amount of detail Fe users tend to give (when describing situations or issues) unnecessary? How is this interpreted by the Fi/Ne valuer?

I often feel as though it's difficult for me to help my Fi/Ne valuing friends when they don't give me more information on what is going on. Do Fi/Ne valuers leave out details because they want me to question them more? Or is this just more how Fi mixed with Ne functions?

This brings me to my next question. Sometimes when I ask Fi/Ne valuers to clarify things that they mean, to try to show that I want to know what is going on and care about them, they seem to not like it.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what would an Fi/Ne user want me to do? What can I actually do to help them that will be useful to them?

Is it preferable to not ask questions and just stay away unless they come to you directly? (Because it seems that in particular, Delta Fi's are very independent as well... they may not come to talk to you about something at all unless you approach them.)
    Bump. Any input on this from anyone?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, well....I find that I'm just not good at explaining things, personally. I do tend to be very vague, and I get bored when people go on and on about the details of a situation when the general situation is what is important.
    I may not be specific because I find that it's not important. I am only specific enough to describe the time in relation to other events...to give a general gist of the situation in how it affects other things that have happened since then, or something...and the actual situation. But I never get too detailed. I wish I could tell you why I am not specific though. :/

I do get sorta..bored..when people go on an on about the details if they are unimportant.
    I don't mind being asked to clarify, but I will often not be sure what else to include...if that makes sense.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Um, well....I find that I'm just not good at explaining things, personally. I do tend to be very vague, and I get bored when people go on and on about the details of a situation when the general situation is what is important.
    I may not be specific because I find that it's not important. I am only specific enough to describe the time in relation to other events...to give a general gist of the situation in how it affects other things that have happened since then, or something...and the actual situation. But I never get too detailed. I wish I could tell you why I am not specific though. :/

I do get sorta..bored..when people go on an on about the details if they are unimportant.
    I don't mind being asked to clarify, but I will often not be sure what else to include...if that makes sense.
    Thanks for the reply, fenryrr. So it's more about the general idea of the situation that you want to convey?

Maybe Fi/Ne types are just better at filling in these details on their own when others tell them stories (so they naturally don't feel the need to provide as much detail themselves)? Or perhaps the details really just do not matter in the grand scheme of the situation... what matters more is the way you feel (Fi) towards the situation and connect it to other things in time, as you said?

I've noticed IEI's will sometimes give a lot of detail when explaining things (at times to the point of being unnecessary), but they usually do this because they feel they need to include this amount of detail in the story in order for it to make sense to others. It's almost like they want to recreate the experience as honestly as possible, so that their listeners can see the full picture of it.

Anyone else have insights into this?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Fe is qualitative detail... but since qualitative distinctions are very subtle i think this tends to take on an even more "detail-ish" character.

Fi is sort of like a qualitative bottom-line or core statement, something that combines a lot of observables into one without explaining how exactly the epistemics of the process fold out. i.e. you state a qualitative fact without it's justification, as if saying "take my word on it".

qualitative means expressed in terms of adjectives. of any qualitative fact you can ask "how much so?" and get a quantitative fact as an answer.

for example:
    qualitative - it is cold
    how could is it?
    quantitative - it is -10 degrees centigrade

F = qualitative
    T = quantitative