Thread: directly addressing relationships verbally

Hybrid View

Creepy-female

I actually really like verbal affection. Growing up, my Delta parents would sometimes say things like, "I'm proud of you", "I love you", or "I appreciate you as a person" and I ate up those sorts of affirmations even though they seemed to come so rarely. Instead, Mom would push a bowl of broccoli into my hands or Dad would try to give me a bookshelf or maintenance my car. They are both non verbal, non touchy feel-y people.

Wanting things like touch or non practical verbal affirmations felt like coming up against a blank space. I know my parents love my brother and I. But sometimes it's hard to feel it.
    Last edited by female; 02-07-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    lol redbaron, interesting topic

i do think it is possibly IxxP Fe (not addressing directly, i mean)

i find that there are times when i would like to bring to someone's attention sth good about them, a talent, a virtue, a skill etc. it is primarily when i think they *may* not have realized this about themselves. it is in the form of a compliment.

i try not to be too direct about it, but it depends on the situation. i wouldn't corner someone to do this lol.

i have never received a compliment from my isfp mother, for instance (to support your own point about Fe creative here, heh). take care
    yeah maybe it's the "cornering" that I dislike. The pointedness of it all.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah maybe it's the "cornering" that I dislike. The pointedness of it all.
    Basically you don't like very much. Got it.