Thread: directly addressing relationships verbally

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    hah zomg redbaron this reminds me of what i did *yesterday*.i sent an appreciation e-mail to the guy who teached the language classes that i've been attending in france.even though i've liked him all along i could not really make contact (not even normal eye-contact) with him and i almost had a bitchface even though he was so so nice.i'm so bitter about it that i've been working big time on my neutral expression .so ,since i received my grade a few weeks (not even days) ago,i thought it would be a not so lame pretext to e-mail him about it.so ,after i was done with the grade stuff it went bad.it's all blurry.i don't even want to re-read what i sent to the guy but i felt so strongly the need to express for the first time my feelings to an other individual that i appreciated even though i knew that he would be reserved and typical in his response.i could almost see his lovely wtf face.well, it was not a love confession or something but more like a pledge of allegiance.seriously,i just wanted him to know that i am somewhere out there and have a very positive disposition towards him.like "if there will be anything i can do,at some point in the future (lol) blahblah".i even invited him over.in hindsight,damn creepy (for him) and embarassing (for some part of me) but i don't regret writing it since i got out of my comfort place for the first time even if it was in an e-mail towards someone who lives in an other country.ze mirror iz br0k3n!

i think he's ESE.
    aww, you're cute. it's easier to stomach in an email! lol. Plus, I'm probably just weird.

i mean,TAUGHT.

duh,i don't think i'd have sent this mail if i knew for sure that i would ever meet him again ;E

Creepy-Snaps

I'm going out on a limb and saying that being bothered by it is actually NTR.

Describing the status of a relationship, as you mentioned redbaron, is definitely Fi. Communicating that an appropriate manner is Fe. How you are bothered by it? Depends on your personal values and what you grew up with: NTR.

Your forum post is Fe... deciding whether or not someone's actions are objectively acceptable, or unnerving to others... yet I'm not offended. This is a forum, and people make posts all the time like this.

If you grew up around people who verbalized their appreciation of others more often, I think you would be more accustomed to realizing it being normal. Therefore, the 'Fi' verbalization of the relationship would be more likely to fit as acceptable within your 'Fe' context.

Does that make sense? I'm trying to describe this on little sleep right now lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and saying that being bothered by it is actually NTR.

Describing the status of a relationship, as you mentioned redbaron, is definitely Fi. Communicating that an appropriate manner is Fe. How you are bothered by it? Depends on your personal values and what you grew up with: NTR.

Your forum post is Fe... deciding whether or not someone's actions are objectively acceptable, or unnerving to others... yet I'm not offended. This is a forum, and people make posts all the time like this.

If you grew up around people who verbalized their appreciation of others more often, I think you would be more accustomed to realizing it being normal. Therefore, the 'Fi' verbalization of the relationship would be more likely to fit as acceptable within your 'Fe' context.

Does that make sense? I'm trying to describe this on little sleep right now lol.
    Dew stop pretending you know
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Communicating is not that difficult. I think comfort comes from experience and practice. It also helps to be beyond the age of 21, where the (healthy) mind is normally more accepting of others outside of itself.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not super likelY to verballY communicate mY like for someone, unless i'm fucked up or they brought up their fondness for me first in which case i feel awkward not saYing anYthing back. but sometimes i don't saY anYthing back, just receive the compliments or whatever and non-verballY (phYsicallY) express mY sentiments back. i enjoY people telling me how they feel. but it's also not necessarY. i can tell whether You tell me or not
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i'm not super likelY to verballY communicate mY like for someone, unless i'm fucked up or they brought up their fondness for me first in which case i feel awkward not saYing anYthing back. but sometimes i don't saY anYthing back, just receive the compliments or whatever and non-verballY (phYsicallY) express mY sentiments back. i enjoY people telling me how they feel. but it's also not necessarY. i can tell whether You tell me or not
    Why don't you capitalize the 'y' in they?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Yeah.

Thoughts on this tread a) Fe types are weird, b) wish I was more like the person in the OP who can just shout it out to whomever they like. I mean if it's on my mind a lot, seems like something healthy to say, at least to someone I think is Fi/Te who would take it well--sometimes I think Te dominants are the best people to say it to but I don't know why. The whole Fi/Fe difference here has to do with perceiving feelings as subjective vs objective, to me, that is I know exactly why Fe types can be like this, esp when they're being true to themselves, but still think they're weird

PS: I DO IT TO MY DOG ALL THE TIME AND DON'T EVEN THINK HE'S Te/Fi (iow I torture animals)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should just be known...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...