• No

25 65.79%

Thread: Have you done acid?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

acid sounds cool, I would drop it in an instant if I ever have convenient access to it, but contacting a string of people after people that I don't know well to acquire an illegal substance sounds like a pain, I don't want to do that. I would prefer if someone else, like one of my friends got a hold of it, but most of my friends are too milquetoast to involve themselves in things like that.

but anyway, no I haven't done it.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

Acid showing you the "core of human nature"? Are you kidding me??? When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    hah!

Perception is reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    It can be a false reality, in particular under the influence. Just because something is happening in your mind doesn't mean it's happening in the real world. But anyway, i was referring to what someone said about acid revealing the "core of human nature". It might reveal the core of human nature under the influence of that particular drug, but not the core of human nature without any chemically-induced psychiatric influence. I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.

I'd also prefer to interact with people in their unaltered state and see their REAL human nature, not the fake one induced by drugs.
    I've been through the same thinking and I know what you're getting at WA. The human body already prescribes and distributes its own chemicals; when we dream, when we are on an emotional high, are angry, hormonal, even calm, that is being on drugs and so drugs are what make reality. The only difference I can see is that there are natural chemicals that come from within the body, and there are foreign chemicals that you put into your body. So as far as "what's real", taking foreign substances can be said to be experiencing another reality, and not necessarily a false one.

I also disagree that foreign substances expose true human nature etc. Those experiences are only valid and applicable so long as you are on and affected by those substances.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I also disagree that foreign substances expose true human nature etc. Those experiences are only valid and applicable so long as you are on and affected by those substances.
    Try acid.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its something I wanted to try for a long time now, but its never been offered to me before. I am actually at a phase where Im seeking it out, read up on it, etc, its interesting how this thread coincides with currently seeking it out. Its something I could get a rave or soemthing like that but that seems like the worse idea because it would seem easy to lose control over yourself in such situations. I know plenty of people who have done it before, but Ive never been in a circumstance where its been available, and that in the right setting. Back in Las Vegas I used to hang out at a place called the Café Roma, which was full druggies and partiers(I once saw some people snort bumps of meth at a public table lol, just to give you an idea), but at the time I hung out there Vegas was totally dry of acid. If I do get some Ill probably take it at home, in my room, I have this small electric ball that lights up different colors when you turn it on. Ill try turning off the lights and just leaving the ball on. Lol.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    When you look at an object from a new angle, you're bound to learn something new. Whether it is a "natural" experience, such as falling in love, or a foreign substance, it can teach you something about yourself. Just like other people (persona not within you) can teach you as you observe your social roles.

When I was drunk for the first time I learned about the bestial nature of human.
    When I was on cocaine/speed/ethanol, I learned something about the nature of hyper self-esteem.
    When I was smoking pot, I learned something about sensory pleasure.
    When I was on acid, I learned something about the open unbiased mind of a child asking questions.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden